Windows 10: Windows 10 Microphone not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Microphone not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Centrios Desktop Microphone with a 6.4mm Jack. My Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 obviously doesn't have a 6.4 mm Audio Jack but it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Microphone not working

Hello,

I have a Centrios Desktop Microphone with a 6.4mm Jack. My Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 obviously doesn't have a 6.4 mm Audio Jack but it does have 1 Jack for both Audio and Microphones. I found an adapter from 6.4mm Female to 3.5mm Male. When i plug the Microphone into the adapter and the adapter into the Laptop it weirdly plays music out of the microphone and thinks it is a Speaker according to the control panel. I also have a splitter to make the 1 dual jack into two separate microphone and audio. I am not sure how to get the Desktop Microphone to work as a microphone.

Please Help...

FYI: The Microphone will work on any other computer with a single microphone jack.

Thanks

:)

CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015

2. microphone is not working

I installed windows 10 right now, now microphone is not working but just before installation microphone was working in windows 8.1

salikameena, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Microphone that supports with Windows 10

Old title: microphone

can anyone suggest a usb microphone that works with windows 10

john williamshaw, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Windows 10 Microphone not working

The correct setting depends on your Lenovo, but I think that you are mistaken by assuming that the mini jack (3.5) is for both speakers and microphone.
    Most laptops don't have a microphone jack and use only internal or a USB adapter with both a 3.5 jack for microphone and speakers

Please refer to the user manual to check, but either the 3.5 jack connector is used for Speakers only, or there must be a setting to switch the usage from speaker to microphone.
    It would be very illogical to think it could do both simultaneously because the Jack connector only has 3 connection points, ground (the outer one) left speaker (the middle one) and right speaker, the one on the tip end.
    Your microphone is MONO and probably combines left and right to one and of course ground.

My best guess... buy an USB audio adapter (costs less than 6 Dollar)

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. If you check out the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420's Specs Here then you will see that it is Combo audio/mic jack. I know it is very illogical for it to be like that however Lenovo does save very little money.
    I will probably have to buy a USB Sound Card or a USB Sound Adapter.
    Thanks For the Help though.*Smile

CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
  7. CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Microphone not working

CPflightlog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Microphone not working

1. Windows 10 Microphone not working - Similar Threads - Microphone working

2. Microphone can only work in half of the apps depending on driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone can only work in half of the apps depending on driver: Hello, I have a super annoying and strange problem with my laptop Lenovo y 70 70 T which has been going on for 4 years.. So, depending on the audio driver choice, my microphone will be picked up by only half of the programs 1)If I use Microsoft generic Audio driver - HD...
  3. "Your microphone has stopped working"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your microphone has stopped working": This happens to me perhaps every 15 minutes when I'm in conference calls using hangouts/meet in chrome, or zoom. It happens with both my Bose QC35II and my Sony WF-1000X. Sometimes I can get it going by just reloading the page in chrome. Sometimes I have to restart chrome. It...
  4. microphone and camera not working

microphone and camera not working: I cannot find neither microphone nor web-camera in the Device Manager (Windows 10 pro). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-and-camera-not-working/63e58dd5-63ea-4063-b986-c0e280ebe360
  5. Microphone not working win 10 PC

Microphone not working win 10 PC: Hi guys, in a need of help. I just got a gaming headset (with microphone) and for some reason the microphone doesn't work. I followed some instructions ie: set device as default, made sure the audio not muted etc with no luck. The headset is working fine as I tested the mic...
  6. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping: For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my headset, then it would work just fine again for the next few minutes. In the sound tab I can see my mic picking up audio and then...
  7. I cannot get my microphone to work on my HP laptop with Windows 10. This laptop is one...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot get my microphone to work on my HP laptop with Windows 10. This laptop is one...: The microphone stopped working and everything I have tried so far does not work. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-microphone-to-work-on-my-hp-laptop/ccf19753-5772-472a-87d0-f3d7c9269c56
  8. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  9. Microphone not working on Windows 10 (Solved)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working on Windows 10 (Solved): If your microphone is not working on Windows 10 be sure to check Microphone under App Permissions in Settings. Good luck, Mac McRae http://datanetzs.com/...
  10. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working: Hello, i updated my laptop and now my microphone is not working. audio works fine. i've tried restarting, rebooting and different headphones. my drivers are all up-to-date. I use 64 bit processor core i5 windows 10 home edition HP laptop. Everything worked perfectly before i...