Windows 10: Windows 10 Microphone not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Microphone not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Centrios Desktop Microphone with a 6.4mm Jack. My Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 obviously doesn't have a 6.4 mm Audio Jack but it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Microphone not working

Hello,

I have a Centrios Desktop Microphone with a 6.4mm Jack. My Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 obviously doesn't have a 6.4 mm Audio Jack but it does have 1 Jack for both Audio and Microphones. I found an adapter from 6.4mm Female to 3.5mm Male. When i plug the Microphone into the adapter and the adapter into the Laptop it weirdly plays music out of the microphone and thinks it is a Speaker according to the control panel. I also have a splitter to make the 1 dual jack into two separate microphone and audio. I am not sure how to get the Desktop Microphone to work as a microphone.

Please Help...

FYI: The Microphone will work on any other computer with a single microphone jack.

Thanks

:)

CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015

2. microphone is not working

I installed windows 10 right now, now microphone is not working but just before installation microphone was working in windows 8.1

salikameena, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Microphone that supports with Windows 10

Old title: microphone

can anyone suggest a usb microphone that works with windows 10

john williamshaw, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Windows 10 Microphone not working

The correct setting depends on your Lenovo, but I think that you are mistaken by assuming that the mini jack (3.5) is for both speakers and microphone.
    Most laptops don't have a microphone jack and use only internal or a USB adapter with both a 3.5 jack for microphone and speakers

Please refer to the user manual to check, but either the 3.5 jack connector is used for Speakers only, or there must be a setting to switch the usage from speaker to microphone.
    It would be very illogical to think it could do both simultaneously because the Jack connector only has 3 connection points, ground (the outer one) left speaker (the middle one) and right speaker, the one on the tip end.
    Your microphone is MONO and probably combines left and right to one and of course ground.

My best guess... buy an USB audio adapter (costs less than 6 Dollar)

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. If you check out the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420's Specs Here then you will see that it is Combo audio/mic jack. I know it is very illogical for it to be like that however Lenovo does save very little money.
    I will probably have to buy a USB Sound Card or a USB Sound Adapter.
    Thanks For the Help though.*Smile

CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
  7. CPflightlog, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Microphone not working

CPflightlog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Microphone not working

1. Windows 10 Microphone not working - Similar Threads - Microphone working

2. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  3. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  4. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  6. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  7. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  8. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  9. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.

Mostly all microphones don't work with my PC.: I don't really know how long this issue has been going on for since I've only ever tried to use one microphone with my PC. For some reason, only a USB microphone/camera will connect to my PC. Microphones on headsets through the audio jack show up as "Mic in at front panel...