Windows 10: Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Sorry for my first post to be a query. Having a really persistent issue with windows minimizing to desktop whilst gaming, or watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by grantymc, May 12, 2016.

1. grantymc Win User

Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my first post to be a query.

Having a really persistent issue with windows minimizing to desktop whilst gaming, or watching movies etc.

Each time I notice a few blank icons quickly load up and disappear on the taskbar - so it is obviously whatever is loading up causing the problem but I seemingly have no way of knowing what this is.

I have read loads of threads online suggesting 'sfc /scannow' and various other tweaks but nothing has turned up a result.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards, Grant

:)

grantymc, May 12, 2016
  2. .Monkey Win User

Keeping Game Fullscreen

When I have a game on fullscreen mode on Windows 10 and then I switch to a different desktop and then come back to the game's desktop, the game becomes minimized and takes a while for it to go back into it. Is there any way to keep it from minimizing when
    switching desktops so I can get back to the game instantly without waiting ~10 seconds?

Thank you

.Monkey, May 12, 2016
  3. kcurrey75 Win User
    windows 10: Can I minimize all windows with a windows button (not keyboard)

There used to be a nice little button that you could minimize all Windows (Show Desktop). Now in Win 7 and higher, that button is to the far right side next to the clock.

Is there a way I can make a button, shortcut or something visual, that I can press to minimize all windows to see the desktop?

I know the keyboard shortcuts to minimize all windows, but I am looking for a button.

I have windows 10.

Thanks, in advance.

kcurrey75, May 12, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Grant,

Next time it happens can you launch Task Manager (right click on the taskbar) and try to see which programs are loading. Maybe this will give a clue as to what is happening. Perhaps having Task Manager running all the time might be a better way of monitoring it if the program loads up and disappears too quickly to catch.

philc43, May 12, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    In addition to the above. Download: Process Lasso Portable Edition and run, the top pane will show all running processes, the bottom pane will show a log with time stamp and path of the processes that were run as shown:

Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 12, 2016
  6. grantymc Win User
    thanks guys - I will monitor and come back to you.

Grant

grantymc, May 13, 2016
  7. grantymc Win User
    It looks like the programs responsible are:

taskeng.exe
    tiworker.exe

grantymc, May 13, 2016
  8. grantymc Win User

Guys, it seems I have fixed it.

I went into 'task scheduler' - from here I simply deleted a number of daily tasks from rogue looking applications such as 'gen.exe'. The only task I have scheduled now is a weekly check for updates from Radeon.

I also ran malware bytes which removed a lot of 'threats' but no actual malware. Everything has been fine since.

grantymc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop - Similar Threads - Minimizing Desktop

2. Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window: I remember in the past I could click the bottom right of my screen and it would take me to desktop, now whenever I click on the bottom right of the screen it does nothing and I have to minimize every window to get to desktop...
  3. Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window: I remember in the past I could click the bottom right of my screen and it would take me to desktop, now whenever I click on the bottom right of the screen it does nothing and I have to minimize every window to get to desktop...
  4. WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon: I monitor the behavior when the WhatsApp taskbar icon is pressed to minimize the app through Sysinternals Process Explorer a new whatsapp.exe is running under the current whatsapp.exe, so when there are two whatsapp.exe both processes terminate themselves and log this error...
  5. WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon: I monitor the behavior when the WhatsApp taskbar icon is pressed to minimize the app through Sysinternals Process Explorer a new whatsapp.exe is running under the current whatsapp.exe, so when there are two whatsapp.exe both processes terminate themselves and log this error...
  6. WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon

7. How to minimize desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to minimize desktop icons?: I have more icons than the desktop screen can show. I can see there are some icons hiding to the right but there is no way to scroll further right. Minimizing size to small icons does not help. I am in the process of merging folders but I may have a long way to go before I...
  8. How to minimize desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to minimize desktop icons?: I have more icons than the desktop screen can show. I can see there are some icons hiding to the right but there is no way to scroll further right. Minimizing size to small icons does not help. I am in the process of merging folders but I may have a long way to go before I...
  9. How to minimize desktop icons?

10. Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...: Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New Desktop and shows a scrolling document history. The issue has just started and appears to get worse, minimizing my screen and open documents every time I move my mouse and or move the...