Windows 10: Windows 10 - misc USB devices not initializing after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 - misc USB devices not initializing after startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the recent Windows 10 updates (May, June, July 2018), I am having intermittent issues with USB devices not initializing properly after a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonKropp, Aug 3, 2018.

1. RonKropp Win User

Windows 10 - misc USB devices not initializing after startup

After the recent Windows 10 updates (May, June, July 2018), I am having intermittent issues with USB devices not initializing properly after a Windows startup. (possible drivers race condition?)

Examples:

If printer is ON when laptop starts up, then external keyboard and mouse do not function.

External keyboard and mouse sometimes do not function after a startup.

Flatbed scanner does not initialize properly and will not function, after a startup.

Settings:

Windows 10 "Fast Startup" is disabled, to fix known font and graphics scaling issues.

Workaround:

Sign out of Windows, then log in.

:)

RonKropp, Aug 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB Device Initialization Bug?

Hi,

Have you updated the drivers for all the devices?

I would suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

• Right click on Start, and then click Run.
    • Type “devmgmt.msc” without quotes, and then click
      OK. Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Hope it helps. If you have any further issues on the computer, please post your question related to Windows and we will be happy to help you.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 3, 2018
  4. K2DLS Win User

Windows 10 USB Device Initialization Bug?

I upgraded a working 64 bit Windows 7 Professional system to Windows 10 Professional. This system has the following devices connected via USB:

Perseus SDR (software defined radio)

Ten Tec Eagle (amateur radio transceiver)

SignaLink USB (sound card device)

Ten Tec 712 (sound card device)

Quatech 4 port USB/serial device

Upon reboot or unplugging/plugging the cable to the USB hub, nothing will initialize properly and none of the devices show up in the Device Manager list. What does show up is a USB hub that fails to install properly. If I unplug the two sound card devices
    (which use the standard USB codec driver) and then either reboot or unplug/replug the cable to the USB hub, the remaining devices initialize properly. If I then plug in the two sound card devices to the hub they work and everything else continues to work.

So there seems to be some Windows 10 issue around how these devices are being initialized. A solution would be much appreciated.

Update: I have found a workaround. All the devices initialize properly when I moved the hub from a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port. So the issue may have something to do with how Windows 10 handles USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices plugged into a USB 3.0 capable
    port.

K2DLS, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - misc USB devices not initializing after startup - Similar Threads - misc USB devices

2. USB devices turn off at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices turn off at startup: This problem came up due to Windows updates breaking USB drivers in 2015, 2017, and 2018. Perhaps again since, these are just from the first page of Google.It seems they managed to stop breaking drivers, but never found a way to fix the problem in place. I think a program I...
  3. windows 10 does not initialize fingerprint at startup, Windows HELLO

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 does not initialize fingerprint at startup, Windows HELLO: i have a lenovo thinkpad x230 with a built-in fingerprint reader the fingerprint reader only works with WindowsHello after suspend or loging with password or pin, then lock the acount or swtich acount...
  4. Windows 10 freezes on initial startup after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes on initial startup after reinstalling Windows: I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the recovery partition on my HP laptop. On the first startup, it asks all the usual questions: setting the region and keyboard, setting up my user account, connecting to Wifi, etc. But it hangs on the final "Services" section of initial...
  5. Slow response on initial startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow response on initial startup: When I restart my computer, the initial Windows screen comes up as normal. However, I must hit enter several times to be allowed to sign-in. Once I sign in with my pin, things slow to a crawl. Usually, the desktop comes up but often without words or it flashes numberous times...
  6. USB non-functional after initial Win 10 boot

USB non-functional after initial Win 10 boot: I have been wrestling with this problem for the last month. I have: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard (v1.0) 16 GB RAM EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card. 1 TB SSD (Crucial) 1 TB WD hard drive Originally this box was running Win 7 Ultimate. When I first tried to upgrade...
  7. Error Message: user initiated troubleshooter on USB device

Error Message: user initiated troubleshooter on USB device: Hi I have a laser cutter which has recently developed an error. I have followed all advice from the laser company but still no joy. I have now started looking at the troubleshooter in devices and I am getting the above message for a few of my USBs (they are all plugged into...
  8. Initial Startup of New Desktop

Initial Startup of New Desktop: I just bought a new HP Pavilion 590-p0050 desktop PC. I have never started a new computer for the first time. In the past I have always paid a technician to do this. This is not feasible this time. Could someone steer me to a ny type of guide or instructions on how to go...
  9. USB devices stop W10 startup

USB devices stop W10 startup: My complacency was shattered with Microsoft's last major updates all of which I've removed from my machine to restore some semblance of normality. I rue the day that I ever installed Update 1703 & 1709.Big Mistake. Compounded by my stupidity in putting up 1803. But I've...
  10. USB thunbdrive de-initialized by Windows 10!

USB thunbdrive de-initialized by Windows 10!: 64GB USB (NTFS) thumbdrive - worked fine until I stuck it in a 'new' Win10 machine - the drive then came up as uninitialized *Sad Thought I must have removed it from the last machine without ejecting properly, so reinitialized and reformatted as NTFS on my WIn7 machine and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to initialize device prn

2. unable to initialize device usb prn in cmd