Windows 10: Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space

Discus and support Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new Lenovo laptop with only a few programs installed. Suddenly it is 20GB hard drive space missing. I have checked all folders, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ab12, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ab12 Win User

Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space

I have a new Lenovo laptop with only a few programs installed. Suddenly it is 20GB hard drive space missing. I have checked all folders, including hidden.I have deleted previous restoring points and reduced the space allocated for that. I can`t find where the 20GB has gone. Any advice? Thanks.

:)

ab12, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 9, 2018
  3. How to free up space on my Hard Drive?

How want to free up space on my hard drive? Somehow I must be missing a step. Where do I get clear instructions how to do this with Windows 10?

Mail Alert, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWindows 10 - Missing hard drive space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space

1. Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space - Similar Threads - Missing hard drive

2. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  3. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  4. Missing a lot of space on the hard drive on Windows 10 22H2 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing a lot of space on the hard drive on Windows 10 22H2 computer: Hard drive shows 60GB free out of 237GB, but I only have 55GB of files on the drive. I should have 182GB of free space on the drive. There are 7GB allocated for restore points, but it shows 0 bytes currently used because I deleted all restore points and turned off and back on...
  5. Missing a lot of space on the hard drive on Windows 10 22H2 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing a lot of space on the hard drive on Windows 10 22H2 computer: Hard drive shows 60GB free out of 237GB, but I only have 55GB of files on the drive. I should have 182GB of free space on the drive. There are 7GB allocated for restore points, but it shows 0 bytes currently used because I deleted all restore points and turned off and back on...
  6. Missing a lot of space on the hard drive on Windows 10 22H2 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  8. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space: My computer has a 950 gig hard drive. Somehow there is about 860 gig of temporary file useage and I can not see where the space is used at even after using the temporary file clean up function....
  9. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148
  10. Missing internal hard drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing internal hard drive space: I have a 500GB internal hard drive but only 1.45GB free space. The folder inside only occupying 95.5GB. There are no hidden files. Where is my 345.5GB free space? Help needed desperately. [img] 68209

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 missing hard drive space

2. missing hard drive space windows 10

3. windows 10missing hard drive space\

4. windows 10 missing drive space,
  5. missing hard drive windows 10,
  6. windows 10 missing harddrive space,
  7. win 10 home missing space drive