Windows 10: Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

Discus and support Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks

Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones [​IMG]

More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...ampaign=buffer

:)

Cluster Head, Jan 9, 2016
  2. G.Ilex Win User

How do i update my software?

It's a Lumia 920 so that means the latest available OS and updates are Windows phone 8(.1)

If you are already running Windows phone 8(.1) and the check says your are up to date than it's the way it should be.

But if you are referring to hoping to get Windows 10 mobile, you are out of luck.

The 920 is among the phones that are not supported for running any windows 10 mobile build.

G.Ilex, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Windows Speech Recognition is lousy in Windows 10

What none of the Microsoft reps is telling is that Microsoft doesn't want to support Cortana Voice Recognition on Windows 10 (non-Mobile). It is too much cost for their servers to provide this to over 500 million devices. Imagine what that would mean, millions
    of people dictating entire academic papers, transcribing audio from interviews, etc. They don't want that expense. In fact, Paul Thurrott himself asked a Microsoft guy this very question and the guy said Microsoft isn't interested in providing this service
    to Windows 10 (non-mobile) customers.

On the mobile side, Windows 10 Mobile does a pretty good job of dictation, no where near what Siri does, but 1000 times better than Microsoft Speech Recognition.

So the support reps will keep giving you the run around on this question, touting how great MSR is yet when you look anywhere on YouTube or elsewhere you can see how crappy it really is.

Solution: 1) Dictate to your phone 2) email to PC. That is what I do.

Best wishes to you.

AnthonyWinRT, Jan 9, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

I may have a bit to do with that. *Smile

Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones [​IMG]

(They're not all mine BTW)

The 'four of a kind' are 630, 635, 640XL & 640. They're all on 10.0.10586.36 though because I got fed up with waiting for the public release. It seems stable so I'm not sure why they're holding back, the only problem I've come across is the second language keyboard wouldn't download (it just kept saying 'Attention Required'), but that's since been sorted.

If anyone's interested, the carry case in the middle is a Go Travel Passport Wallet (non RFID blocking), and the strap is an unravelled Paracord Bracelet tied with a double fisherman's knot, as the standard strap was a bit short over winter jumpers.

ARC1020, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

1. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones - Similar Threads - Mobile Already Running

2. phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected: Phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected.How do you stop this happening.Thank you for all help given....
  3. phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected: Phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected.How do you stop this happening.Thank you for all help given....
  4. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  5. one million useless process running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one million useless process running: why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running....
  6. Nokia 550 phone running Windows 10 Mobile, failure to communicate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nokia 550 phone running Windows 10 Mobile, failure to communicate: Good afternoon, I am in Madrid, Spain, as a tourist, and have lost communication capability using my Nokia 550 running Windows 10 after it fell from my hand to the floor. It does open all apps, but when they attempt to go on line, the phone just cycles back to the opening...
  7. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  8. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  9. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  10. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already: We already knew Windows 10 was going to be popular. So much so that Microsoft reportedly purchased as much as 40 Tbps of bandwidth from content delivery networks (CDNs). The company was already hitting 10Tbps on July 28, when the update was only available to Insiders. Now, it...