Windows 10: Windows 10 mobile (and Windows 10) email question - the enter key

Discus and support Windows 10 mobile (and Windows 10) email question - the enter key in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a windows phone 640 that came with Win 8.1 and I upgraded it to Windows 10 mobile via upgrade advisor. In Windows 10 mobile, in the email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tomseys, Mar 28, 2017.

1. tomseys Win User

Windows 10 mobile (and Windows 10) email question - the enter key

I have a windows phone 640 that came with Win 8.1 and I upgraded it to Windows 10 mobile via upgrade advisor.

In Windows 10 mobile, in the email app, when I get to the "to" field, and enter the recipient, if I then press the enter button on the keyboard to move to the next field which is Subject, the cursor does not progress to it. I have to physically tap it there to move it to subject. Pressing enter will move the cursor from Subject to body, just not from To to Subject.

I windows 8.1, it does progress to the subject field when I press enter.
    Anyway to get it to work like this? I did restart the phone and the Windows 10 mobile is a reset version and everything works good.

It is Windows 10 mobile version 1607 build 10.0.14393.953

Thanks.

:)

tomseys, Mar 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Mar 28, 2017
  4. tomseys Win User

Interesting. It doesn't work in the Windows 10 desktop mail app either.

On the phone it is annoying since it slows things down since you have to stop and move/tap the cursor physically with finger instead of just entering though I suppose you could just tap again after tapping to enter the recipient. I guess I am just used to using the enter key to move from field to field.

tomseys, Mar 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mobile (and Windows 10) email question - the enter key - Similar Threads - mobile email question

2. Windows 10 product key question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key question: Goodwill sells reconditioned laptops with Windows 10 Pro installed but my magic jellybean product key finder reports the Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise. Will the product key that appears work with the free Windows 10 ISO download so I can do a clean Windows install on the...
  3. Windows 10 Registry Key Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Registry Key Question: Hello to the Microsoft Community, I stumbled across something I would like to ask the community about. I was poking around the registry on one of my two workstations and saw something that may be nothing at all, but it's the first time I have seen registry keys like this....
  4. Windows 10 product key question

Windows 10 product key question: I built my own computer about 3 years ago and bought Windows 10 pro from Microsoft. It is a digital key basically. I want to give this computer to my dad as he needs something since his laptop is slowing up for him and I will build a newer machine. If i reset this...
  5. Windows 10 Product Key Question

Windows 10 Product Key Question: I have a question, now my laptop came pre-installed with Windows and I messed it up and installed Linux so my laptop wouldn't become a paper-weight, and then I burned the Windows 10 ISO too a disc and installed it like that but during the installation I wasn't even asked for...
  6. Windows 10 mail linked emails question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail linked emails question: Windows 10 pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 So this only started a few months back, all my emails disappeared and in the mail program, all it showed was Email 1 (4 accounts) Email 2 (2 accounts) and so on... So i was able to figure out how to split them back up...
  7. Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro: I would like to enter the PIN2 into the inserted card of the internal modem in a laptop in Windows 10. Unfortunately, I can not find a place in the cellular communication options in Windows 10 to do this. The internal modem is EM7305, and I do not have an application that...
  8. Windows 10 mobile question - numbers in notification area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mobile question - numbers in notification area: On my lumia 640 when I go to notifications and actions, in the list of get notifications from these senders it has a couple of entries that are numbers instead of names of apps. I've seen this before when I first upgraded to win 10 and when i did feature update to creators. I...
  9. Scan to Email Question In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan to Email Question In Windows 10: Howdy all, I Have windows 10. Here is my problem. I use an HP photosmart 5510 series all in one printer. I use this to scan documents. Before I upgraded from windows 7, I could scan to Email using Gmail. When I try this with windows 10, Using HP Scan, I'm told to set a...
  10. Newbie question - Lumia Windows 10 mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie question - Lumia Windows 10 mobile: Maybe I`m not in the right place/forum, but I`m sure someone can help me. I`m a new user of W10phone (Lumia 650). It`s my first Windows phone, and for now it`s not bad for me. I have only two questions. - How can I play radio streams from file (folder on SD card)? - How...