Windows 10: Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 How to Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10

How to: Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10

How to Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17083, Quiet Hours has been renamed to Focus Assist.

Action Center[/b] for you to review later.

Are there certain times when you dont want to be interrupted or just need to stay focused on what youre doing? Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, you can automatically choose those times when you dont want to be bothered with focus assist automatic rules.
    • Focus assist will automatically turn on when you are duplicating your display. Never get interrupted during presentations again!
    • Focus assist will turn on automatically when you are playing a full screen exclusive DirectX game.
    • You can set the schedule that works for you so that focus assist is always on when you want them. Go to Settings > System > Focus assist to configure your schedule.
    • Customize your own priority list so that your important people and apps always breakthrough when focus assist is on. People pinned to your task bar with always break through!
    • See a summary of what you missed while you were in focus assist.
    • If you’re using Cortana, you can also have focus assist turned on while you’re at home.
    Automatic rules allows you to choose the times and activities when you do not want to be disturbed and focus assist will turn on automatically.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, Focus assist will now turn on automatically when youre playing any full screen game. No more interruptions when youre crushing it. This behavior should be turned on automatically, but ensure the When I’m playing a game automatic rule is enabled.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18277, Microsoft added a new focus assist option so that when youre doing *anything* full screen we can automatically turn on focus assist.

This tutorial will show you how to change Focus Assist automatic rules for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Focus assist on the left side, and turn on or off the automatic rules you want on the right side. (see screenshots below)

3. Check (default) or uncheck Show me a summary of what I missed while focus assist was on for what you want.

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 [​IMG]

*tip If you have a Add your address link, you can click/tap on it to let Cortana know your address for the When I'm at home automatic rule:

4. Click/tap on an automatic rule to change its settings to what you want. (see screenshots below)

*note You can click/tap on the back arrow button at the top left corner when finished to go back to the Focus assist page to click/tap on another automatic rule to change the settings for.

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Faith Win User

Focus Assistant on 1903

But what I don't understand is that it's turned on when I sit idle at desktop, even if the Settings menu says otherwise. There's no option for "desktop" that I can see in the Automatic rules. What do I need to disable here exactly? I wouldn't mind this behaviour (if it's normal) to keep my desktop pop-up-free, but it keeps reminding me everytime I open and close stuff, making the notification center white as if there's something new I need to click on.

Faith, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Focus Assist

2. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist: Should I have Focus Assist on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/dd06efc4-d2a9-4419-beb1-6dc8add48915
  3. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?: Every time I turn on my laptop running Windows 10, after login I see that Focus Assist is turned on and I have to turn it off manually. Is it something I should worry about? Will it cause any damage?...
  4. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?: Every time I turn on my laptop running Windows 10, after login I see that Focus Assist is turned on and I have to turn it off manually. Is it something I should worry about? Will it cause any damage?...
  5. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to use Focus assist Automatic rules in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Focus assist Automatic rules in Windows 11: [IMG]Automatic rules in Focus assist in Windows 11 help you turn on or off this functionality when a particular filter matches. If you are new to Focus assist, this article will be handy to learn more about the Automatic rules you can set. Focus assist helps you not to be...
  7. Focus Assist Won't Automatically Turn On

Focus Assist Won't Automatically Turn On: I enabled the settings for Focus Assist to turn on automatically both when I'm playing a game and when I am running an app full screen. However, Focus Assist remains off and my games continue to be interrupted by notifications that I am thankful for any other time. This is...
  8. Automatic Rules in Focus Assist

Automatic Rules in Focus Assist: Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic rules using a gpo policy or registry edit? We want to try and have these off by default and let the user decide to turn them on....
  9. Automatic Rules for Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Rules for Focus Assist: Hi, I am quite surprised to see automatic rules in Windows 10 since I am a heavy Tasker user in Android. There is a rule for turning on the focus assist when I'm using an app in full screen mode. As shown in the picture below: https://imgur.com/0QS9aOl I notice that it does...
  10. Focus Assist not enabling automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assist not enabling automatically: When I'm playing Star Conflict, it doesn't get recognized and focus assist doesn't get enabled as configured. It's especially annoying because 1. VLC shows a notification every time a new track is played and 2. It"s the only program that I've ever used where the Windows key...