Windows 10: Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September

Discus and support Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Windows 10 may be officially launching on July 29th, but Windows Phone fans know they have to wait longer before the Mobile version of the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September

Read more: Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September

Brink, Jun 9, 2015

2. great news

wonder how long carriers will take

:)

paulsalter, Jun 9, 2015
  3. windows10

Windows 10 Mobile will launch officially later this year. Usually, that means September - November.

Codrut Neagu, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September

When Lumia 928 will be released in India ?

Never, that model is exclusive to verizon in the US. The Lumia 1020 will be launched in India, probably late September or October.

psychomania---01, Jun 9, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    M$ is bypassing the carriers for updates and upgrades in order to get more secure phones.

labeeman, Jun 9, 2015
  6. That is good news, going to be a good few months for my MS devices

paulsalter, Jun 9, 2015
  7. batlhilz Win User
    tomorrow or so, is rumored to be the new TP for Lumias. cant wait it! i actually went back to 10080 few days ago but thats the version you DONT wanna test out - the next one looks more like win10 (as it should) and I really hope it gets really up and running for this version. so be more alerted about the new build on mobile! thumbs up! *chuckle

batlhilz, Jun 10, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

C'mon some Handset manufacturers -- I'd love a Windows 10 phone if the handsets were more like the new metal SAMSUNG S6 or almost any iPhone. The Nokia (sorry to all you Finns !!) handsets are just IMO just plain boring JUNK.

I know it's a PHONE but there's nothing wrong with having equipment that can LOOK and FEEL nice as well --any Apple computer user knows that only too well !!.

It would also help if some Banks could be persuaded to upgrade their I.T systems to allow Windows phone mobile banking applications.

There are plenty of people out there who would gladly get a Windows phone if the conditions were right (decent handsets, more mainstream apps etc).

I think the Apple pay system also won't work on Windows phones --this type of cashless mobile payment is going to become increasingly MORE important --in several European countries Card and Mobile payments have exceeded the use of cash transactions for the first time and this will continue with increasing numbers of people using these services.

If contactless payment systems don't work on Windows phones then they've locked themselves out of a HUGELY increasing part of the market.

I can sometimes go weeks now without needing to carry any cash at all on me -- no fiddling for change at parking machines etc or even in Bars.

In fact when I'm in the UK about the only place I need to use cash for is in the odd occasion if I'm unfortunate enough to need a public toilet --afraid the UK is still barbaric enough to CHARGE in most places use for those facilities !!!!! --even on Railway stations (except Kings X which has a great Bar with Real ale and FREE LOOS !!!! (Restrooms).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 10, 2015
  9. echrada Win User
    The new Lumia 640 XL has contactless payment and sharing available with NFC.

echrada, Jun 10, 2015
  10. Why does contact less payment = Apple Pay

I moved away from Apple a few years ago, so don't want to have their software or to have a phone that looks like an iPhone

as for UK being barbaric and charging for toilets, I have never paid to use a public toilet in the last 48 years, they are always free

paulsalter, Jun 10, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I agree about APPLE PAY but it seems to be the one a lot of Banks are signing up to whatever your phone type is.

I'm happy for ANY SECURE contactless / mobile payment system - I mentioned Apple as it seems to be the one gaining the most traction and will probably work or be ported to other phones.

As for the handsets --that I suppose is a personal choice- however the choice is very limited when considering a Windows phone -- now if Samsung / HTC continue with a rumoured Windows phone (they both are keen to get away from reliance on GOOGLE's Android and developing their own OS would be hideously expensive and fraught with risk) then that changes the whole equation.

The Public bog thing was one day when I really needed it I was at Victoria station and the change machine was out of order. I've found out since that you can always use The Grosvenor hotel in the station - but unless you are a regular user of Victoria station you probably wouldn't know that !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 10, 2015
  12. Don't know a great deal about contact less, I do have it but don't use it, my card is a master card and it is just a bank issued card, so don't see why we need to have Apple related to this (or any other big tech firm)

I agree that choice is limited on win phones, would like to see more options on this especially now MS has more control of the devices, mine has a metal border round it (nokia 925), so is different looking to other nokias, but its an old model now

public toilets, just go into McD, M&S or other such places, they offer them free (for customers), but you can easily go in if not a customer *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September - Similar Threads - Mobile launch scheduled

2. Scheduled tasks start 6 hours late

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled tasks start 6 hours late: Issue: Two scheduled tasks set to start at 11:30pm both started at 5:30am, the next morning. Looking for a reason why this might happen. Perhaps something related to time zones?Background:This is regarding the home version of W10.I have two scheduled tasks. FYI they make...
  3. Launch Windows 10 mail from task scheduler at logon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Launch Windows 10 mail from task scheduler at logon: I tried to automatically open the windows 10 mail app at logon by scheduling a task. I couldn't locate the exe file or anything to specify the mail app in task scheduler. Please help, if it is possible? submitted by /u/Jyo711 [link] [comments]...
  4. Task Scheduler late

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler late: Task Scheduler is not running tasks on time, how to fix? I have checked BIOS and the system clock and PC clock have same time. 126577
  5. KB4459082 update Windows 10 Mobile v1709 Build 15254.530 September 11

in Windows 10 News
    KB4459082 update Windows 10 Mobile v1709 Build 15254.530 September 11: September 11, 2018 - KB4459082 Update for Windows 10 Mobile (OS Build 15254.530) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709, Windows 10 Mobile version 1709, Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise version 1709 Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new...
  6. Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Mobile on March 17

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Mobile on March 17: Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Mobile on March 17 After months of anticipation and a mix of official and internally-communicated delays, Microsoft’s long-awaited Windows 10 Mobile upgrade is on the eve of being deployed. Playing its cards incredibly close to the...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for a late July release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for a late July release: Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for a late July release We reported earlier this month that Microsoft could release the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on PCs in July. This free update will bring many new features to Windows users such as a smarter Cortana, an...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Ready to Launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Ready to Launch: Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Ready to Launch The update has been spotted on Microsoft’s Servers [img] Microsoft is expected to roll out a new Windows 10 Mobile Redstone build sometime this week, most likely on Tuesday or Wednesday, but at the same time, the...
  9. Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January: Work on Windows 10 advances at a really good pace, and it appears that Microsoft is so pleased with how things are going for the new operating system that it’s already making the necessary plans for a press event that’s expected to bring us the first Consumer Preview version....
  10. Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Mobile Launch Delay

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Mobile Launch Delay: Redmond also delayed the monthly update for new Lumia models [img] Microsoft was expected to release Windows 10 Mobile in January, but according to carriers that have recently finished testing the operating system, the company pushed it back for another month, most...