Windows 10: Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Sorry if this is not the right place to post. Just got my new Lumia 950. The software is great, just wish Microsoft had spent a bit more on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stupops, Sep 5, 2016.

1. stupops Win User

Windows 10 Mobile

Hi All

Sorry if this is not the right place to post. Just got my new Lumia 950. The software is great, just wish Microsoft had spent a bit more on the quality of the handset. Honestly. Mrs has just received her Samsung and the difference in build quality is ridiculous for a supposed 'flagship' model. Anyway, it is what it is. Question is that I am texting people on the mobile and my surface keeps flashing up the texts I am sending and receiving! Which is a little odd. I assumed my mobile went through EE (my network provider). Is there any way to disable this function? (nothing untoward - its just annoying)

:)

stupops, Sep 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Sep 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Mobile

Hello Stupops, *Smile

This sounds like you have notification banners turned on for the Messaging app. See if turning it off using the steps below may help.

1) Open Settings.

2) Tap on System.

3) Tap on Notifications & actions.

4) Scroll down and tap on Messaging listed under "Get notifications from these senders".

5) Turn off Show notification banners.

Windows 10 Mobile [​IMG]

Brink, Sep 5, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    I don't have a phone to try it on at the moment so maybe I've got it wrong, but won't that disable SMS notification banners on the Lumia 950 itself, rather than on his Surface?

I was thinking along the lines of Messaging app (on the Phone) > 3 Dots > Settings > History and Sync > Turn off 'Sync Messages Between Devices'

Or Settings (on the Surface) > System > Notifications & Actions > Messaging > Turn off Notifications. Although, I can't remember off-hand whether it's done through here or through Cortana now.

ARC1020, Sep 5, 2016
  6. stupops Win User
    have turned it off on the surface and it seems to have worked! yay. I will be honest - I am not sure how I feel that windows can read my texts and send them to another device. Seems a bit invasive. oh well. Thanks guys n gals.

stupops, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mobile

1. Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Mobile

2. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  3. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  4. Modern Mobile mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Mobile mouse not working: The blue light from the modern mobile mouse stopped working. it's connects fine, the buttoms and wheel work all perfectly, but it can't seem to move https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-mobile-mouse-not-working/a0ac1f5c-1504-4d7b-a4f5-39e6a5fd6b1d
  5. Modern Mobile mouse not working

Modern Mobile mouse not working: The blue light from the modern mobile mouse stopped working. it's connects fine, the buttoms and wheel work all perfectly, but it can't seem to move https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-mobile-mouse-not-working/a0ac1f5c-1504-4d7b-a4f5-39e6a5fd6b1d
  6. how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?: I am just wondering how do you know if your laptop or mobile device has been hacked? My laptop keeps popping up different files trace, location, event id and log files, also it says I have a webcam connected and to turn on when i log in? How can I find it and erase anything...
  7. how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?

how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?: I am just wondering how do you know if your laptop or mobile device has been hacked? My laptop keeps popping up different files trace, location, event id and log files, also it says I have a webcam connected and to turn on when i log in? How can I find it and erase anything...
  8. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  9. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  10. Remove 'Mobile devices' From Task manager>Startup apps

Remove 'Mobile devices' From Task manager>Startup apps: I've removed 'Phone link' but can't remove 'Mobile devices' from the Task manager>Startup apps. What ever it is it doesn't work. When I click 'Properties'I get the error: "Windows cannot find 'CrossdeviceService.exe'...I have disabled it but I'd like to remove it.I used an...