Windows 10: Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move)

Discus and support Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Occasionally my PC will stop for a few seconds. NOTHING (other than mouse pointer) will respond for about 10 seconds, BUT when it does start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimBanville, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move)

Occasionally my PC will stop for a few seconds.

NOTHING (other than mouse pointer) will respond for about 10 seconds, BUT when it does start responding again, whatever I tried to do during the hang, whether I had pressed START or ctrl/alt/dlt or whatever, will now pop up on the screen.
    So the PC isn't 100% completely frozen (mouse pointer moves) and it is getting the input of what I'm trying to do, because it "remembers" what I did during the freeze and then displays it. Any ideas?

Completely up to date Windows 10 64 bit Pro
    Using Windows Defender (no other virus software)
    Gigabyte GA-N170-Wifi motherboard
    i7-6700
    16 GB HyperX ram (no problems according to windows memory test)
    128 GB Toshiba OCZ SSD for OS
    5TB HGST HDD for storage
    Logitech wireless mouse
    Corsair 430 watt PSU
    Anker bluetooth keyboard

:)

JimBanville, Sep 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezes, apps not responding.

Hello! About 1-10x's every 10 minutes or so my computer will freeze up or become unresponsive. Here are the symptoms:

~ apps show "not responding"

~ no UI elements respond.

~ can still move mouse cursor aND volume.

~ this freezing can last 5sec - 2minutes.

~ seems to occur randomly. Don't have do anything.

~ only started after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1

~ seems to be happening more and more often.

~ restarting and powering off does not fix.

JustinBelcher, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Why does my cursor constantly freeze and touchpad lock up?

In my case it never happened with Win 8.1.

However, if I alt-tab around different windows, then the mouse becomes unfrozen. Glitch for sure, Microsoft. Fix it.

Dual-boot 8.1 and 10, Dell XPS 15 laptop.

No issues on 8.1

Jacqueline Tregre, Sep 28, 2016
  4. lukie80 Win User

Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move)

Damn. I have this same behaviour since the last Windows update. It happens ocassionally. I use Win 10 home. I could not pinpoint the source. Is it a program, a driver or my ssd? Since the last Windows Update "Classic Shell" was broken and hat to be reinstalled, same for "Foxit reader". My Browser Vivaldi causes this system freeze very often.

lukie80, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move)

1. Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move) - Similar Threads - momentary freeze hang

2. WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.: Windows 10 Pro Insider Have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Logitech M510 that are installed. Both had been working. Now cursor does not move with either mouse. Wired mouses OK. With Logitech only, can click left or right depending on cursor placement moving cursor with...
  3. WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Support
    WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.: Windows 10 Pro Insider Have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Logitech M510 that are installed. Both had been working. Now cursor does not move with either mouse. Wired mouses OK. With Logitech only, can click left or right depending on cursor placement moving cursor with...
  4. Mouse cursor won't move

Mouse cursor won't move: I am using an ASUS Windows 10 Laptop and haven't been able to use the mouse since I shut it down. Before shutting it down, though, there was a necessary update. After that, the mouse cursor just disappeared. Right now, however, it is visible - but I still can't interact with...
  5. Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved: windows 10 has never really worked well on this Vostro 230 system. I have 2.96GB RAM available on an Intel Core Duo CPU E7500. Windows 10 was installed in 5/2018 and problems have persisted...
  6. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?: So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find out the cursor moving as if someone had remote access and took over the cursor and opened many programs I don't know how a...
  7. The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes: While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web. 63303
  8. Randomly freezing, unresponsive. explorer.exe app hang?

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly freezing, unresponsive. explorer.exe app hang?: Some backround: ASUS Q552, Windows 10 Home, 12GB RAM, Samsung Evo 1TB SSD (clean install of Windows on hard drive), touchscreen laptop, My laptop will randomly freeze and become unresponsive. When I use my touchscreen and swipe in from the left side, the screen and task...
  9. Cursor / mouse unresponsive or laggy after update to 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cursor / mouse unresponsive or laggy after update to 10: I mistakenly posted this in general forum. My issue is I have two computers that have been upgraded to Win10. Both exhibit issues with the mouse responsiveness. I suspect background programs loading the system. Can someone help me troubleshoot? Main issue for me- These are...
  10. Windows 10 random hangs (can only move mouse)+ freezes, related to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 random hangs (can only move mouse)+ freezes, related to SSD: Greetings I have the following system about 2 years ago: MSI GTX 780 Ti. i7 4790k, Asus z97 pro m/b, 8 gm ram kingston, SSD Plextor 256GB m2, and 1 wd SATA3 hd, with win10 x64 v1607 build 14393.447 (i.e. windows stable with the anniversary update -not insiders...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows momentar mouse freeze

2. windows 10 unresponsive but mouse still moves