Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm new here and I really need some help. So yesterday I turned my computer on and I got an error and it told me that there was no boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benni1234G, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I really need some help.

So yesterday I turned my computer on and I got an error and it told me that there was no boot device available. After some random attempts(restart, power on/off..) it somehow finally booted. But unfortunately when windows started booting my keyboard and mouse just turned off so I wasn't able to login. It was already late so I said **** it and decided to fix the problem the next day.
    Well when I turned my computer on today I got the booting error again, and like last time it magically disappeared.
    But now I still got the mouse/keyboard problem.
    I’m booting with GRUB Bootloader and I have ubuntu installed as well. Because on ubuntu everything works well I'm assuming that the cause is a failed Windows Update.
    I can also boot windows in recovery mode where everything works well too.

I already saved the most important data on a USB-Stick using ubuntu.
    I also did several attempts to solve the problem:

1. Windows Startup Repair -> no problems found

2. I tried to delete recent updates with a method I found in the forum. But the command Dism /ImageWindows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login :D:\ /Get-Packages returns an error 87 (yes my partition is really named "X")

3. dism.exe /image:X:\ /cleanup-image -> error 50

4. something else with dism but I don't remember what. I only know that it failed..

5. wmic qfe list brief /format:table -> no instances available

I don’t know a lot about windows so I can only copy what others told me.
    Does anyone know how to fix my problems (the boot problem and the keyboard/mouse problem), preferably without deleting everything on my computer ^^. I'd really appreciate any help!

In case you didn't understand something because of my not so great english skills, feel free to ask Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login :)

:)

Benni1234G, Jul 15, 2018

2. Keyboard & mouse not working at windows 10 login

Hi Gonzukes,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it works:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest keyboard and mouse drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard and mouse drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jul 15, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 15, 2018
  4. XDCash Win User

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login

Windows 10 Login Screen - Not recognizes any keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen.

BUT - I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine.

ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

• System restore (failed third times).
    • Refresh PC (failed).
    • Startup Repair (failed).
    • Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    • I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

XDCash, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login

1. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working at login - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard working

2. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  5. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  6. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working at login windows 10

Keyboard and mouse not working at login windows 10: My cousin gave me his PC to have a look at why his mouse and keyboard stopped working at the login screen, so I have tried everything that has been suggested the only problem is I'm asked for some key when trying to do anything? I'm assuming it's something to do with...
  9. Windows 10 login, keyboard and mouse inop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login, keyboard and mouse inop: Hi, my pc is stuck in login screen, key board is only letting me type “éúíóá”, my mouse will not let me click on restart or access to bring up screen key board. Any help would be great cheers...
  10. Windows 10 Login Disconnects Mouse and Keyboard

Windows 10 Login Disconnects Mouse and Keyboard: Hi, I've been looking for answers to this issue for hours now and trying all the options that I've seen. I started having a problem today where my mouse and keyboard will stop working right when it gets to the welcome screen of windows 10. The screen is the welcome screen...