Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Riku278, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Riku278 Win User

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does not work. I tried switching usb ports and that didn't work either.

:)

Riku278, Jul 29, 2015

2. Mouse and keyboard not working not working after Windows 10 startup

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Istrin Win User
    Mouse and keyboard not working not working after Windows 10 startup

Option 1 doesn't work since I can't use a mouse or a keyboard once windows is running.

I've tried option 2 but I recieved an error message when I tried to view the installed packages. I added a picture that I took with my phone on the error-message that I recieved. I tried it three times, once on the D-drive as you mentioned and once on the
    C-drive (where windows is installed) and then finally on the X-drive just to try.

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working [​IMG]
    Did
    I perform it wrong?

Istrin, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Riku278 Win User

its a logitech mouse and keyboard K520, and m310

Riku278, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Riku278 Win User
    can someone help me install the drivers or windows 10? i know its not a hardware problem as I already ran a diagnostic test on all my hardware and everything is ok its jsut not installing the drivers i guess.

Riku278, Jul 29, 2015
  6. ninschne Win User
    Device Manager - > Go to Properties of the keyboard ( standard keyboard ( PS / 2 ) - > Update Driver - > Browse my computer for driver software - >
    Choose from a list of device drivers on my computer - >
    Uncheck " Show compatible hardware " - > Select just any driver - >
    for example HID Keyboard - > then restart

Now do the same again all over again - > but chose the correct driver (PS / 2 standard keyboard)

It does not work to just uninstall and install the driver in the properties of the Keyboard (driver)

ninschne, Aug 17, 2015
  7. rafael8 Win User
    I have a Lenovo laptop and a USB keyboard does not work after startup, when the take out and insert it into the usb was then already working, in the BIOS works, USB mouse also works normally.
    Does anyone have any idea of how to solve this problem?

rafael8, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

@syrbruce52 Same mouse and keyboard, same issue. Reboot no help. Working fine yesterday; today keyboard and mouse totally unresponsive. Would appreciate fix if anyone figures it out.

DragonFire, Sep 28, 2015
  9. How exactly am I supposed to do this if my MOUSE and KEYBOARD are not working?

DragonFire, Sep 28, 2015
  10. I was able to resolve my issue. I started the computer and when Windows started to load, I interrupted power (did not shut off the computer using the start button, but physically unplugged it). If you are working with a laptop, you may have to pull the battery first. Then I did it a second time. After the second time, Windows booted in recovery mode. From there, I was able to do a system restore. Now my mouse and keyboard are working again. However, I'm afraid of what Windows 10 is going to do next... I have already had a number of issues with Windows 10 malfunctioning and am very frustrated by its fragility. I'm crossing my fingers.

DragonFire, Sep 28, 2015
  11. bcronje Win User
    This is what finally fixed the issue for me, taken from one of the posts on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...3e930dc?page=6

Code: You can disable Hybrid shutdown (or "fast startup", as it is called in Win 10) via Control Panel: - open "Power Options" - open "Choose what the power buttons do" - click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" - uncheck "Turn on fast startup"[/quote]

bcronje, Sep 28, 2015
  12. rafael8 Win User
    thanks @bcronje it works for me

rafael8, Sep 30, 2015
  13. XweAponX Win User

I'd be curious too. A lot of people who use USB keyboards and mice have this issue. I go around it by using a PS-2 Keyboard to get into windows, and then windows loads the USB drivers. It's quite possible you were able to log in and Windows automatically downloaded the drivers.

Many new systems don't have a PS-2 port, but they are included for problems just like this on most new machines, they usually have one PS-2 port that can be used for KB or Mouse in case Windows does not have a native driver on hand for the USB devices.

XweAponX, Oct 1, 2015
  14. krebbin Win User
    That was embarrassing! Serviced a client PC, using my USB kbd/mouse. Took it back and plugged in their PS2 kbd/mouse - nothing!
    Back in workshop their devices started working straight away, then stopped! Is this really a good end to the last ever version of Windows?

krebbin, Nov 5, 2015
  15. Hi I just updated to Windows 10 today and my laptop keyboard would not respond, nor would my mouse touch pad. I do use an external wireless mouse which did not have this issue luckily. Anyway I contacted a friend who works on my computer and here is what we did. I went to control panel, Then device manager, then keyboards, Click on keyboard and then double click on your keyboard. This brings up a screen with your keyboard properties. On this screen, select the driver tab. Click on uninstall near the bottom. Verify the uninstall and then you will need to restart your computer. Once I restarted somehow it automatically detected the driver for my keyboard and reinstalled it. After that it has worked fine.

ReelSkillz, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard working

2. Keyboard and Mouse not working on Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse not working on Windows 10 startup: Hey everybody,Before writing this post, i have been searching all over the internet for solution, without success. I really hope someone can steer me into the right direction.I have this PC for over 6 months and it worked fine until around the 4th of january, when i tried to...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10 lockscreen

Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10 lockscreen: My company sent me this desktop with Windows 10 installed and pre-configured. The problem seems to be with the OS though . The keyboard and mouse don't work on the lockscreen at all . They don't even light up. Tried 2 mice, 3 keyboards...
  4. Windows 10 desktop mouse and keyboard not working

Windows 10 desktop mouse and keyboard not working: For many months now, my Microsoft brand keyboard and mouse combo- only a few years old- have not been working correctly on my 64 bit Windows 10 desktop. These issues have gradually worsened to where now my PC is practically unusable. The mouse cursor moves but the right-click...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10

Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10: Hi all, as the title says my keyboard and mouse are not working when windows 10 load. Also there is another strange think. Since I am not lazy (or so i believe), i have tried a couple of thing i read around in the net and i come across in a case where i was in cmd mode...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10: Hi all, as the title says my keyboard and mouse are not working when windows 10 load. Also there is another strange think. Since I am not lazy (or so i believe), i have tried a couple of thing i read around in the net and i come across in a case where i was in cmd mode...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working on Windows 10 setup: So I have an ASUS VivoBook E200HA (4 GB RAM), which came installed with Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit). I switched to Ubuntu for a while and now I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Home and uninstall Ubuntu. I created a bootable USB with the Windows 10 ISO, and booted from it....
  8. Mouse/keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse/keyboard not working in windows: My mouse and keyboard are suddenly not working in my pc. But they are working all good in the BIOS setup. I had read about uninstalling the kb4074588 windows update. I tried but I cannot do that from the repair my computer mode. Can i please get a help...
  9. keyboard and mouse not working windows 10

keyboard and mouse not working windows 10: During installing in windows 10 my mouse work correctly but after restarting the system why keyboard and mouse not working. From Snapagift https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-windows-10/6164e849-0337-402f-a807-0c48f54a1759
  10. Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10

Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10: Hi i have a hpba021ax laptop everything was working 3 days before....until suddenly my laptop started behaving weirdly especially the mouse and keyboard....i did not change any drivers nothing until then....the mouse automatically selects the first file/folder in a list of...