Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am experiencing this strange glitch with my work station that is really driving me nuts. Basically after the PC has been running for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ftbcoders, Aug 9, 2018 at 4:22 PM.

1. ftbcoders Win User

I am experiencing this strange glitch with my work station that is really driving me nuts. Basically after the PC has been running for a while (anywhere from 1 hour - 5 hours after boot), my mouse will start to glitch during hover events. This happens most commonly while using Photoshop, Android Studio, and Firefox, but will happen during other program use as well.

What happens is the hover effects such as tooltips, menus, and hover events on the start bar, will begin to flash making them impossible to read. During programming on android studio this can be very annoying as you can't click the tooltips to import items or see what the error it is giving on the tooltip. You CAN however restart the PC and this issue will no longer happen for a bit again. This is very annoying to have to restart the system and I feel like theres most likely something I can do to fix it. Here is some images to explain better

Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) ZGVJ5.gif

Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) j57Vj.gif

Since the gif doesn't truly capture just how fast this is flashing, here is a link to an MP4 of the same clip:

https://i.gyazo.com/826e3e1ebb252534...7baa13cf4d.mp4
    https://i.gyazo.com/bd7453d29252c902...4aa1d045d6.mp4

I am using the following specs:

Code: Windows 10 Pro Intel i5 4460 @ 3.2GHz 16 GB Ram 64 Bit Processor[/quote] I have tried changing the Cursor Blink Rate on regedit and this did not change anything. Google has not been my friend trying to find things either since its hard to categorize it specifically to whats happening since it's so broad. Any help is appreciated.

:)

2. Likhitha V Win User

How to disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the above issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel and select the top most search result.
    • Select Ease of Access Center from the window and click on the
      Change how your mouse works.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, uncheck
      Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      option.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

3. Karthicka_R Win User
    In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2018 at 4:25 PM
  4. Darleen Pen Win User

Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 9, 2018 at 4:25 PM
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) - Similar Threads - Mouse hover effect

2. available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears: My SSID has changed because I installed a new modem yesterday, and am not using the old router. I started our older laptop today to get it connected to the new SSID, but it won't show available networks. When I click on show available networks, something flashes on the...
  3. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...
  4. Windows Defender?>

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender?>: My HP laptop is nearly useless as every time i use it i constantly get pop up tabs from sites mostly Reimage Repair & McAfee, & other random sites. Its so frustrating I've given up on using it using my iphone for nearly everything especially disappointing as a form HP...
  5. Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?: Windows 10 just doesn't seem to update from the 1703 version to a newer one. It started about a month ago; the update would start normally, but it'd eventually fail after reaching a certain percentage of completion. It'd then reboot back to the previous version. But then one...
  6. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...
  7. no jack information for mini speaker windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no jack information for mini speaker windows 10: i have the JBL charge 1 that i normally connect to my computer via headphone male to male wire. since updating to windows ten (had windows 7 before) i cannot seem to get my computer to accept the device. when i first plug it in i hear sound for a couple of seconds but...
  8. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  9. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  10. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...