Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am experiencing this strange glitch with my work station that is really driving me nuts. Basically after the PC has been running for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ftbcoders, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ftbcoders Win User

Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

I am experiencing this strange glitch with my work station that is really driving me nuts. Basically after the PC has been running for a while (anywhere from 1 hour - 5 hours after boot), my mouse will start to glitch during hover events. This happens most commonly while using Photoshop, Android Studio, and Firefox, but will happen during other program use as well.

What happens is the hover effects such as tooltips, menus, and hover events on the start bar, will begin to flash making them impossible to read. During programming on android studio this can be very annoying as you can't click the tooltips to import items or see what the error it is giving on the tooltip. You CAN however restart the PC and this issue will no longer happen for a bit again. This is very annoying to have to restart the system and I feel like theres most likely something I can do to fix it. Here is some images to explain better

Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) ZGVJ5.gif

Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) j57Vj.gif

Since the gif doesn't truly capture just how fast this is flashing, here is a link to an MP4 of the same clip:

https://i.gyazo.com/826e3e1ebb252534...7baa13cf4d.mp4
    https://i.gyazo.com/bd7453d29252c902...4aa1d045d6.mp4

I am using the following specs:

Code: Windows 10 Pro Intel i5 4460 @ 3.2GHz 16 GB Ram 64 Bit Processor[/quote] I have tried changing the Cursor Blink Rate on regedit and this did not change anything. Google has not been my friend trying to find things either since its hard to categorize it specifically to whats happening since it's so broad. Any help is appreciated.

:)

ftbcoders, Aug 9, 2018

2. How to disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the above issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel and select the top most search result.
    • Select Ease of Access Center from the window and click on the
      Change how your mouse works.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, uncheck
      Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      option.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 9, 2018
  3. In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

1. Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture) - Similar Threads - Mouse hover effect

2. Windows 10 settings - weird system selection/hover glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings - weird system selection/hover glitch: Ok so I have the latest version of Windows 10 on my laptop, I've been having the issue the past 2 days where when I open settings or the Windows start tab SOMETIMES it will have this glitch where it will auto-hover over one option usually the topmost. It doesn't select it, as...
  3. Mouse hover effect in Windows 10 no longer available... WHY???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hover effect in Windows 10 no longer available... WHY???: See the lighting that happens when moving the mouse over stuffs...Why is this feature not there any more...It is very cool...How can I bring it back????Please, someone, tell me...
  4. "3d" effect of videos and glitched looking mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "3d" effect of videos and glitched looking mouse.: I was using my computer normally when suddenly the screen went black. After a few seconds, it came back and I thought that was weird. A few minutes later I noticed that my mouse/cursor looks weird. When dragging apps around the mouse becomes normal, but once you stop it goes...
  5. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  6. The effect when the mouse hover the window in taskbar is broken.

The effect when the mouse hover the window in taskbar is broken.: 1. The windows is cutting from left and is changing the position. 2. The hovered window has a transparent effect tho. No needed for the highlighted window. [ATTACH]...
  7. Mouse hovering

Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  8. Activate window on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Activate window on mouse hover: Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread? Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and...
  9. Autofocus window on mouse hover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autofocus window on mouse hover?: Hi, in Windows 10 is there any way to focus a window if I hover my mouse cursor over it for half a second (or thereabout)? This is what I had enabled on Windows 8.1 and I preferred that setup. 47361
  10. Hovering mouse shows a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering mouse shows a window: New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second. [img] This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be...