Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem was that i downloaded custom mouse cursors and make a profile for the pointers however each time i restarted windows or booted up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sneff1991, Aug 1, 2015.

1. roofy80 Win User

Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login

My problem was that i downloaded custom mouse cursors and make a profile for the pointers however each time i restarted windows or booted up the profile didnt work so heres what i did to fix this issue
    - I copied the cursor files to windows\cursors folder and made a new profile and saved it AND problem solved !!!

roofy80, Jan 13, 2016
  2. Maggidon Win User

No fix for saving Scrolling after reboot!!!

Maggidon, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Dethroned Win User
    Hi all!

I have a same kind of issue as you guys have, except I'm on desktop PC and only touchpad I have is on Logitech's K400 wireless keyboard. In addition, I have a Logitech G510 keyboard and a G500 mouse. What my problem exactly is that my vertical scroll lines keep resetting to 1 every now and then. The correct one is 5 lines per scroll.

I've tried changing settings through regedit, well... 5 lines remain there, though Control Panel shows 1. I've tried reinstalling drivers to all devices, no change. I even tried 3rd party software called X-mouse button control which would "override" other settings. Still no change.

Any help?

EDIT: the registry key I edited is at HKEY_Current_User/Control Panel/Desktop/WheelScrollLines. Forgot to mention that.

EDIT: Now I removed an USB hub and the wireless receiver. Let's see if that has any effect....

Dethroned, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Maggidon Win User

Hit the KKEY - Current - User Control Panel and that should fix the problem.

Maggidon, Jan 20, 2016
  5. Dethroned Win User
    Actually it seems to be working now, unplugging USB hub and receiver seemed to do the trick.

Dethroned, Jan 20, 2016
  6. I had this issue when I upgraded from 7 to 10. Specifically the devils invention, Tapping (shudders)
    Take Tapping off and after a reboot, Tapping is back.

Ok, its some old vs. new upgrade to Win 10 issue right? Wrong.....

The said laptop died (RIP) and I bought a new Notebook (HP again) with Win 10 installed

Tapping comes back on after a reeboot.

So, its a HP Synaptic issue, or its a WIN 10 issue, or my new laptop was upgraded at the reseller?

I think its the first one.

So type regedit into search and click regedit.exe, and follow the clever mans instructions above.

It just works.

1 issue (no biggie) is that the synaptics driver wont update (yay...no tapping) but thats just it, it wont ever update to a newer version.

Who cares, its just a mouse driver.

(When Im bored, I like to Tap icons and links and see that it does nothing)

trevor english, Feb 8, 2016
  7. mobile1 Win User
    How can one save the mouse scheme?

mobile1, Feb 18, 2016
  8. cnfcomps Win User

Thank you very much for sharing this tip. It seems to have done the trick on an upgraded Windows 10 installation from Windows 8.1.

Matt.

cnfcomps, Feb 26, 2016
  9. razzell2 Win User
    I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed, and I was having the same problem with the Synaptics Clickpad resetting itself after every reboot.
    I tried this fix posted by JessA and it worked perfectly.
    It was very easy to find the location by using the regedit command, and follow the instructions given above.
    As far as I am concerned this problem is indeed "solved".
    Thanks to all who took the time to create and post the fix for this issue.
    Peace!

razzell2, Mar 9, 2016
  10. Thank you !!
    Specially created an account on this forum to post this comment *Smile

amtojsingh88, Mar 10, 2016
  11. Barboots Win User
    Just a quick addition... I tried the "solved" approach but I gather it's for specific hardware. So I set about searching the registry broadly using the term "mouse", and needless to say there was a lot of F3 pressing to be done. However I did eventually find the location of the key requiring adjustment. For my Logitech keyboard and mouse combo the key which required changing was at:

hkey_current_user/SOFTWARE/Logitech/KHAL

Anecdotally, I was flipping the mouse buttons in Control Panel then finding them reverted as per other's experiences. Speculating retrospectively... I possibly should have been changing them over in the Logitech app? I have a suspicion that Windows settings and the hardware provider's settings are getting in conflict, a thought which came to me when I noticed there are Control Panel registry keys for mouse functions which are repeated in the hardware manufacturer's registry settings. You can't have two systems in charge of one thing!

Anyway... if you are not finding a solution within the specific instructions previously listed, perhaps dredge the registry for "mouse" as I did. It may take fifteen minutes of looking at irrelevant keys, but it's likely you will also hit on "the one" to solve your troubles.

Cheers,
    Steve

Barboots, Mar 10, 2016
  12. Great it worked ! I don't know why some of us here couldn't able to find the registry key. I found it, changed it to "0" my settings are indeed the same before restart.

One more Happy Person from Netherlands !

For everyone the version I'm using is 19..0.12.98

If nothing works, modify your synaptics settings and save the profile. you change it all the time with one click at the system tray. Just better option than changing all the properties again and again.

SmartSolver, Mar 18, 2016
  13. Barboots Win User

The reason it can't be found by some people is simply because they don't have a Synaptics device. Alternative hardware will have a different key.

Cheers,
    Steve

Barboots, Apr 10, 2016
  14. MsWashu Win User
    I joined just to say thanks for this info. I have a new Win10 laptop and this was driving me crazy, Now let's see what other issues I can find resolutions for here.

MsWashu, Apr 17, 2016
  15. brabant Win User
    Sorry. I have a Logitech mouse. There is no file under "software" for Logitech.

brabant, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login - Similar Threads - Mouse Settings Reset

2. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  3. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  4. How to reset mouse setting

How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  5. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  6. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  7. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  8. Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in: Greetings, in Windows I have changed my colours settings to Custom, default app mode to Dark, and default Windows mode Dark. Now, everytime I restart or shut down my pc the colours gets changed to light, I've tried setting it in different ways, even by choosing the overall...
  9. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot: Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop. Hardware: Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core 12GB Ram NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB OS: Originally Win7 Home Premium Upgraded to Win10 Home 1/1/2020 *These problems started after I upgraded to windows 10. As the title...
  10. Mouse settings constantly resetting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings constantly resetting.: Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8. Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse settings reset every login