Windows 10: Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login

Discus and support Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The trick was to put the Logitech mouse back on the shelf and pull out the Microsoft Sculpt Mouse. No more rolling the mouse wheel, feeling it click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sneff1991, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login

The trick was to put the Logitech mouse back on the shelf and pull out the Microsoft Sculpt Mouse. No more rolling the mouse wheel, feeling it click and missing at the same time. Logitech has a serious problem with their mice and seemingly are set on not fixing it.

Maggidon, Aug 12, 2016

2. I know that this thread is old, but I'm desperate! I have an Asus G750 laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled on it. I also have a Logitech M570 trackball mouse. My trackball mouse is older as I used it on the HP Windows 7 laptop I owned before the Asus and the left button is going bad. I switch my primary button to the right button, but I don't even have to log out or reboot my laptop and the primary button resets after about an hour to the left button. I tried to follow the HKEY command fix, but when I look up the SynTP folder it's a SynTPEnh folder and the DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade folder doesn't exist either. I updated my drivers for the touchpad and mouse. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

MaraJade13243, Aug 27, 2016
  3. LiveAwake Win User
    I'm glad this is working for many of you, but it's NOT working for me, unfortunately. I found the key described and changed the value to 0 as instructed . . . but my settings are still getting reset.

Any ideas?

LiveAwake, Sep 8, 2016
  4. pconti31 Win User

I also had the same issue. Mine is a microsoft mouse (blue tooth) none of the suggestions worked for me. I did however find the solution for me. I had thought you only needed to go to settings->devices->mouse & tiuchpad and change the slider for number on lines but no that's not enough. The number of scoll lines reset to 20 on every login or reboot. Finally I woke-up and after changing the slider to my preferred 5 lines I clicked on "addition mouse options". Under the heading "Wheel" my number 5 showed up. Good but still not enough. You need to go to the tab called "Mouse and Keyboard Center" and click on the blue hyperlink "Click here to change microsoft mouse settings" and after a few seconds yet another dialog box shows up with additional sliders. The top is (you might guess) set for 20 lines. Changing it to my 5 lines and all is right with windows 10. My number of scroll lines is no longer reset to 20 lines on each login or reboot. I hope this helps someone else.

pconti31, Oct 2, 2016
  5. TechByter Win User
    I'm still seeing this problem after making the easy Registry edit. Initially, it seemed to have work and my settings weren't discarded after a reboot. Then, a few days later, the problem was back. The Registry value is still 0, but the number of lines had increased from 1 to 3. For this device, 3 scrolls more than a full screen even with acceleration turned off and vertical scrolling set to slow. This is a Microsoft Sculpt mouse.

Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login [​IMG]

• Vertical scrolling on and slow. Acceleration off.
    • Set to 1, but sometimes returns to 3 following a reboot.
    • Registry value set to 0.
    I use this computer with the cover closed, so for now I've also turned off the ThinkPad TrackPoint and TouchPad. Whether that will have any effect is to be determined, but I also noticed that 4 pointing devices are present. Previously a Logitech mouse was attached.

Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login [​IMG]

So I'm thinking about using the Device Manager to delete all the devices and let Windows find them again. Or would that just be a waste of time?
    Thanks.

TechByter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login - Similar Threads - Mouse Settings Reset

2. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  3. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  4. How to reset mouse setting

How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  5. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  6. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  7. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  8. Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in: Greetings, in Windows I have changed my colours settings to Custom, default app mode to Dark, and default Windows mode Dark. Now, everytime I restart or shut down my pc the colours gets changed to light, I've tried setting it in different ways, even by choosing the overall...
  9. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot: Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop. Hardware: Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core 12GB Ram NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB OS: Originally Win7 Home Premium Upgraded to Win10 Home 1/1/2020 *These problems started after I upgraded to windows 10. As the title...
  10. Mouse settings constantly resetting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings constantly resetting.: Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8. Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back...