Windows 10: Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen

Discus and support Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem happens with all windows when maximized. When the window is maximized there is a bar at the top of the screen through which i can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BibekChaulagain, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen

This problem happens with all windows when maximized.

When the window is maximized there is a bar at the top of the screen through which i can see my desktop. Its like that range that the window can maximize has been shortened.

Here is the link from reddit and this is the exact issue i am having.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/8imjva/windows_10_multi_monitor_maximized_window/

We did install all the latest and greatest patch that are available of today and nothing seems to work.

Any help please

:)

BibekChaulagain, Aug 22, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Aug 22, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Aug 22, 2018
  4. jolexey Win User

Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen

In windows 10 when using either IE or Google Chrome, the windows will not fill the screen when maximized. There is a space at the top of the screen that will not fill...?

In windows 10 when using either IE or Google Chrome, the windows will not fill the screen when maximized. There is a space at the top of the screen that will not fill...?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jolexey, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen

1. Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen - Similar Threads - multi Monitor maximized

2. Windows 11 - windows don't maximize properly. empty space at the bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - windows don't maximize properly. empty space at the bottom: Windows 11 can't properly maximize windows, there is an empty space left between the task bar and a maximized window where you can see the desktop wallpaper. The issue fixes itself after restar, but always comes back after a while. Video of the issue:...
  3. Windows 11 - windows don't maximize properly. empty space at the bottom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - windows don't maximize properly. empty space at the bottom: Windows 11 can't properly maximize windows, there is an empty space left between the task bar and a maximized window where you can see the desktop wallpaper. The issue fixes itself after restar, but always comes back after a while. Video of the issue:...
  4. Blank/empty space in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/empty space in the taskbar: Hello, i have a problem with the empty space in the right side of taskbar screenshot on my new laptop, i cant remeber if it was from the beggining or it apeared as i was configuring it. When i reboot it, its fine for a second and then apears, i tried everything in task bar...
  5. Blank/empty space in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/empty space in the taskbar: Hello, i have a problem with the empty space in the right side of taskbar screenshot on my new laptop, i cant remeber if it was from the beggining or it apeared as i was configuring it. When i reboot it, its fine for a second and then apears, i tried everything in task bar...
  6. Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen

in Windows 10 News
    Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting when a program or app window is maximized, it leaves blank space on the top part of the computer screen. This is an annoying issue and can be caused by a lot of different things. In this article, we are going to see how to resolve the...
  7. Top 10% of maximized windows aren't there, clicking in space interacts with window...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Top 10% of maximized windows aren't there, clicking in space interacts with window...: The top 10% or so of my maximized windows are transparent and clicking in that space interacts with the inactive window behind. Oddly, this isn't a permanent condition, and if I press F11 for full screen and F11 again to return, then the full maximized window is visible and...
  8. Blank area at top of maximized windows in dual-monitor system

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank area at top of maximized windows in dual-monitor system: When running certain programs in my Windows 10 v. 1909 system with two monitors, sometimes a window displayed full-screen on one monitor (in my case, the one interfaced via the VGA port) will have a ~1" blank area at the top of the screen right below the title bar. (See the...
  9. Blank space at top of program windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank space at top of program windows: Hello, Odd problem here. At least three programs on this Windows 10 Pro (Ver. 1909) machine will sometimes open with sections missing at the top of the windows. This usually means the menus are not there, but just a blank grey space instead. It doesn't matter if minimized...
  10. Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...: Hello! Hope some one can assist i have different Users with a strange behaviour - if they maximize a window tested with IE11, Acrobat, Windows Explorer, google chrome they get an empty or black / white space on top of that window. Right clicking on the empty or black /...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is there a empty space on my pc screen

2. windows 10 dual monitor blank space at top of screen

3. windows 10 top of screen blank

4. empty space at top of screen when window maximized,
  5. how to fix blank space on the top of a windows ten screen,
  6. windows empty space on top of screen,
  7. windows empty space after maximize,
  8. windows 10 maximized window blank top,
  9. ie window blank at the top after maximising,
  10. top part of screen is blannk i win 10,
  11. why is there a blank space on my screen when maximized,