Windows 10: Windows 10 N version upgrade... Where's the Media Feature Pack?

Discus and support Windows 10 N version upgrade... Where's the Media Feature Pack? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So W10 is out, yet the Media Feature Pack isn't. In case you don't know, the Media Feature Pack is what brings back Windows Media Player to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobjoe, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

Windows 10 N version upgrade... Where's the Media Feature Pack?

So W10 is out, yet the Media Feature Pack isn't.

In case you don't know, the Media Feature Pack is what brings back Windows Media Player to Windows N versions.

For example, here's W8.1's download page: Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Or 7's: Download Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) from Official Microsoft Download Center

The reason I want the Media Feature Pack is because I cannot stand these "apps" replacements. I want my good 'ol Windows Media Player.

:)

bobjoe, Jul 28, 2015
  2. SAM-1 Win User

Windows Camera not working after the 1709 version update

If Media Feature Pack for N and KN wont install on your OS

You may need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

For further information read here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3133719/media-feature-pack-for-n-editions-of-windows-10-version-1607

Downlaod the Package here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3010081/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-and-windows-10-kn-editions

Good Luck

SAM-1, Jul 28, 2015
  3. edjo53 Win User
    A recent update to Windows 10 N has deleted Media Player.

A recent update to Windows 10 N has deleted Media Player. (Feature update to Windows 10 N version 1607 - 9/22/16)

I tried installing KB3010081 - Feature pack for Windows. I did this originall after the Windows 10 upgrade to get Media Player on the "N" version. This time it did not work.

1) Why did Microsoft delete my Media Player?

2) How do I get it back?

edjo53, Jul 28, 2015
  4. bobjoe Win User

Also, I should add...

When W8.0 came out, MS released the Media Feature Pack a few days before the OS came out.

bobjoe, Jul 28, 2015
  5. They said they are going to be releasing that later on but for now people can use vlc media player

Lukeyreborn78, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Do what I do and just use K-Light Codec pack.
    It has all the codecs you will ever need, is constantly being updated, comes with Windows Media Player Classic x86 and x64 and is 100% free.
    It will play anything including 4K videos with ease.

Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015
  7. mj0000 Win User
    mj0000, Jul 28, 2015
  8. bobjoe Win User

bobjoe, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Oddly enough I gave a link a website that allows you to install the Windows Media Center back to Win 10 and some booger decided to delete it. I guess, no links? Jealousy to another site?
    Win Aero also has plenty of tutorials to basically uninstall ANYTHING on 10 that you just don't want.

Richard Shank, Sep 9, 2015
  10. derekimo Win User
    That would be me. Try using the search feature.

There already is a thread here about the media center.

Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially... - Windows 10 Forums

And one for that tool,

Winaero Tweaker - Windows 10 Forums

derekimo, Sep 9, 2015
  11. UDI
    udi Win User
    Hello,
    I'm having problems in trying to connect my cell phone-android S4 to my laptop. i have tried new driver and kies and nothing help's me to established USB connection.
    i'm writing here because now that i try to install kies it's stopped and ask for windows media feature pack.
    i found and install it but it keeps asking for it.

Does anyone know something concerning that or how can i establish a USB connection between my cell and my laptop?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 N version upgrade... Where's the Media Feature Pack? - Similar Threads - version upgrade Where's

2. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  3. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  4. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: Hi there, Thanks for taking your time to read this post Recently I tried to install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, I'm runningWindows 10 Pro N for Workstations x64 version 20H2 Windows is up to date with updates When running the installation of Media...
  6. Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N

Issues with Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N: In a few applications for my pc some of them report the issue "Windows Media Feature Pack is missing from your computer". Most of them link to this website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3010081/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-and-windows-10-kn-editions...
  7. Media feature pack for windows 10 pro N

Media feature pack for windows 10 pro N: there's no media feature pack for version 1903 of windows 10 pro N , and all the streaming sites are not playing any media. can someone help please , thanks....
  8. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: i am using on a laptop an official win pro 10 N -version 1803- build 17134.765 it seems after downloading several installments that the program is installed ,somewhere hidden/ behind, and i do need to activate windows media player in settings but where?...
  9. Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 Build 1903

Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 Build 1903: Hi Everyone I had Windows 10 Edition Enterprise Build 1809 and upgraded to Windows 10 Edition Enterprise Build 1903, but there were programs and more online sites with the error message that I did not install the Windows Media Feature Pack. I visited the site, but I did not...
  10. Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: We are trying to install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, we are currently running Windows 10 Education x64 (version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165)). The PC is also up to date with updates. When trying to install the Media Feature Pack - Version 1803 (April...