Windows 10: Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim

Discus and support Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many users complain that, after a while, Windows operating systems tend to become slower and need more time to load than after a clean install, blaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 5, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim

Source

:)

labeeman, Feb 5, 2015
  2. nobufm Win User

Will Windows 10 automatically removed from your computer when it expires?

Microsoft are allowing user to "CLAIM" there free windows 10 copy that does not expire, once you have "CLAIMED" you free for life copy of windows 10, that is it, But if you want to CLAIM you free copy, you need to get it in the FIRST year that windows 10
    launches, so after some time, people who still haven't claimed and upgraded to windows 10 will not receive there free copy, like a coupon, you have to claim it before it expires. so bottem line is yes, once it is claimed, it is yours for life.

nobufm, Feb 5, 2015
  3. KH55 Win User
    Windows 10 demands uninstalling program that does not exists

Another unexplained stoppage in upgrading to Windows 10.

The upgrade says two apps need to be uninstalled but neither app is on the computer.

The upgrade claims Auslogics Registry Cleaner needs to be removed, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor needs to be removed.

Neither program has been on the PC.

There is no online reference on having to remove a program that does not exist.

As far as I can tell, this has never happened before.

KH55, Feb 5, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

“Seriously. I'm tired of having to reinstall windows and dozens of programs because errors become more constant after a years of use. I'm honestly switching to Mac if this isn't fixed,”....

Wow! after years of using Windows he still doesn't have an idea what a system backup (image) is to avoid re-installing from scratch.

An MS cleaner is a good idea but I don't mind using 3rd party apps as long as they do the job. I am using Revo Uninstaller. And I always make sure to manually create a restore point before installing anything. Is System Restore suppose to be the best way of doing it?

badrobot, Feb 5, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Or know what System Restore, Restore Points, or File Versions do....

Mystere, Feb 5, 2015
  6. pigpenz Win User
    seems like there has always been a problem with orphaned files from uninstalls

pigpenz, Feb 5, 2015
  7. The only thing I have really noticed is win-10 relies so much on internet content for search suggestions.... it pretty much requires a fast internet speed,
    If not full startup is pretty freaking slow compared to 7 not too sure about 8.1 or not but 8.1 without a start menu search at all I doubt anyone would notice ?

ThrashZone, Feb 5, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

And switching to Mac is the easiest solution.... hahaha!

badrobot, Feb 5, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    This is the reason why I want to stay on local account, disabled cortana/ bing search, disabled onedrive, etc. and I prefer doing regular manual updates if I could set it to manual.

OneDrive alone will slow your startup big time because it does all the syncing the moment you login on Windows.

badrobot, Feb 5, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    If you are mouse-click-happy that will be a big problem. Make sure the files you are installing are from trusted sources and whenever in doubt, always create a restore point first.

badrobot, Feb 5, 2015
  11. Yep you can mostly do the updates deal,
    strange update

Seriously does need the ability to kill Bing because that is what slows down operation of the start menu at startup,

I agree Microsoft does need to sort out the uninstall bugs it really is pathetic that it can't do a better job after so many years.
    One should not have to make a system image to remove a security or otherwise program besides it could be year.. down the road when an image would be of little good to get that far back.

System restore to an earlier time actually sucks pretty bad too.
    So many times uninstalled programs or fragments of them are left in limbo.

ThrashZone, Feb 5, 2015
  12. If you are mouse-click-happy that will be a big problem. Make sure the files you are installing are from trusted sources and whenever in doubt, always create a restore point first. System Restore is not much use, if you decide to replace "program X" with "program Y" (after a few months).
    My System Restore Points generally only last for a few weeks.

Imaging is great for testing new programs, but if you decide to get rid of something after six months ...

lehnerus2000, Feb 6, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

If you are mouse-click-happy that will be a big problem. Make sure the files you are installing are from trusted sources and whenever in doubt, always create a restore point first. System Restore is not much use, if you decide to replace "program X" with "program Y" (after a few months).
    My System Restore Points generally only last for a few weeks.

Imaging is great for testing new programs, but if you decide to get rid of something after six months ...
    Yup. I just make it a habit to make a restore point which I could use right away if the program I just installed is making a mess. But for longer term restoration, I use an image or a clone.

badrobot, Feb 6, 2015
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    Totally agree,
    all the system restore and image install things are poor solutions to poor uninstall problem.

Trust_No1, Feb 6, 2015
  15. badrobot Win User
    Whether one should or should not do image restoration when cleaning up an un-installation mess or reviving a slow machine is up to the individual. But it may take you days and your sanity trying to fix your issues while it only takes 5 minutes to create an image and 15 minutes to restore from image. I will even spend one full hour just to fix the problem once and for all and carry on like nothing happened. I keep 2 versions of images... one clean installed with all my programs, and one current.

badrobot, Feb 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim - Similar Threads - Needs Better App

2. We need better user management as a default feature in windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    We need better user management as a default feature in windows.: Hello there Microsoft team.I would like to simply give a suggestion for the future.Recently I had the need to help my grandfather regain access to his computer, his account as an administrator account and he was using Windows 10. In his old age, he forgot his email address...
  3. claims internet connection is needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    claims internet connection is needed: When I tried to print out a return label for Amazon, instead of going straight to my printer as prints normally do it opens up a window to sign in through Microsoft. So I jump through all the hoops signing in and giving my password. It tells me I need an internet connection...
  4. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Uninstalling apps in different user profiles: If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-apps-in-different-user-profiles/862c1928-d83c-4911-a989-ba8e4dbfe4c7"
  5. Need to uninstall the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to uninstall the Mail app: I hate orphaned software and the Mail app is unmanageable and useless to me. How can I uninstall this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-the-mail-app/099590d2-06c8-471c-ab46-a9a1ae828932
  6. Ebook / Kindle users - Calibre better and better

Ebook / Kindle users - Calibre better and better: Hi folks For people who like e-books and kindles (or other e-readers) the excellent free calibre program just keeps getting better and better - especially in device connectivity and e-book format conversion Works on W10 and Linux -- easy interface and really highly...
  7. Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error

in Windows 10 News
    Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error: [ATTACH] When upgrading to Windows 10, the setup looks for both software, and hardware compatibility, and if you receive an error message which says Some apps need to be uninstalled or You need to uninstall a program in order to continue, you [...] This post Some apps need...
  8. Is there a better Windows 10 mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a better Windows 10 mail app?: Frankly, by this time I expected more that what I got from this week's download. Something approaching Outlook instead of staying in the comfort of early web mail browser-based apps. Thunderbird is a much better mail client than the free client we get with Win 10. Should I...
  9. Windows 10 needs a better update system.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 needs a better update system.: There should be more options in the update section. The user should have option for automatic updates to be on or off. If automatic updates are off, there could be a button that allows us to check for updates. We can decide when we would like to check for updates at...
  10. Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users

Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users: Hey guys, I am interested in setting up some company-wide commands to remove a lot of the built-in crap from Windows 10. Employees don't need to be using the Xbox app, and we don't need Get Office, Get Skype etc as we already have those installed using the administrator...