Windows 10: Windows 10 needs a better update system.

Discus and support Windows 10 needs a better update system. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There should be more options in the update section. The user should have option for automatic updates to be on or off. If automatic updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by crimson, Oct 22, 2015.

1. crimson Win User

Windows 10 needs a better update system.

There should be more options in the update section.

The user should have option for automatic updates to be on or off.

If automatic updates are off, there could be a button that allows us to check for updates. We can decide when we would like to check for updates at our convenience. We hit the button to check, and it shows all the updates available.

Then give us the ability to mark/unmark whichever update we want to download and install.

And still also have automatic updates as an option. So there would be an option for people who wish to update automatically. Meaning they don't check. All updates are just automatically downloaded and installed by Windows.

This would allow users to have the option to check and choose updates ourself. Or allow Windows to just update automatically.

Please forward this to Bill Gates.

:)

crimson, Oct 22, 2015
  2. JackPlatt Win User

Windows 10 Needs a Better Way to Control and See The Update Process

Dear Microsoft Answers,

I generally like Windows 10, but what I don't like is that there are times when I will get the error, "There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later." When I manually retry, the updates install fine. What I have done to attempt
    to avoid this error message:

1.) Ran System File Checker- No errors

2.) Ran Windows Update Troubleshooter Utility-No Errors

3.) Changed Windows Update in MS Services from Manual to Automatic (Delay Start)

4.) Rebooted

On Windows 7 and 8.1, users were better able to see the updates that were scheduled to be installed and have more control over them. On Windows 10, if the above error message occurs and when it occurs, you have no way of being able to see what the updates
    were that had trouble installing until the error message does not show. I should also add that only one time some months ago, did a failed update show in my Update History. I don't know how long the updates or error messages related to updates sit in the
    query before trying again.

What do other community members think about this?

Jack

JackPlatt, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Ovi Maps needs a MUCH better search methodology and pathing system

The old Ovi Maps had a search for address, I do not know why the new maps dont have it.

chanchan05, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

I don't think Bill Gates has much to do with that these days.
    But yes - many agree with you about having more control over updates.

Kanata, Oct 22, 2015
  5. crimson Win User
    OK good. Thanks. That helps.

crimson, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    You're welcome.
    You're stuck with what you have and that you should be happy with it because it's for your own good not to have too much control.

Kanata, Oct 22, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    ... but the new CEO, also needs to wake-up to the fact that the many of the Microsoft OS users are really trying to assist him and help so the Microsoft OS will continue to be a Driving-Froce, and still be functional for several more years.

Best to all... Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 22, 2015
  8. crimson Win User

Which is why they should fix it so it works better.

crimson, Oct 22, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Your best bet is to send feedback via the app. MS is not going to read your post here.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 needs a better update system. - Similar Threads - needs better update

2. Which windows is better for systems -low features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which windows is better for systems -low features: Which windows is better for systems -low features ? Really I just now think of this matter seriously due to the reasons below. Now I know why recent updates have not been installed in my pc. My pc laptop is Lenovo E530c which has low characteristics and windows 11 cannot be...
  3. Which windows is better for systems -low features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which windows is better for systems -low features: Which windows is better for systems -low features ? Really I just now think of this matter seriously due to the reasons below. Now I know why recent updates have not been installed in my pc. My pc laptop is Lenovo E530c which has low characteristics and windows 11 cannot be...
  4. Better integration of windows with android file systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Better integration of windows with android file systems: There seems to be many questions about people wanting to transfer folders and files from android to windows but the problem occurs with date and times for each system. Windows has date created, date modified and date accessed but android has date modified, date changed and...
  5. Windows 10 updates..... customers deserve better.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates..... customers deserve better.: I am a late adopter to windows 10 in my home. it's been on my work laptop for years but I don't manage that.This is a rantI completely agree with and respect MS's decision to provide security patches to critical issues. These are a no-brainer and anyone who doesn't ensure...
  6. Better Operating system than Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Better Operating system than Windows 10: I am looking for a better operating system. In the past, asked about how to stop Microsoft from selecting files and folders and moving or deleting them. Whatever I tried, did not work. Though now I have a new computer, when I see this happen-it is so quick I cannot cancel...
  7. A better way to manage Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A better way to manage Windows 10 updates?: I find the current method in which Microsoft pushes their updates to be unacceptable. Frankly I'm fed up with the forced updates just happening out of nowhere and I can't control them. They just download in the background, it just tells you "hey, this is going to be...
  8. I need a better browser

in Browsers and Email
    I need a better browser: Specifically, I need a browser that can send pages (not just URLs) by e-mail. It would be nice if it saved pages in MFT or similar one-piece formats, too. Any suggestions? 84395
  9. Does System Restore work better in 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does System Restore work better in 10?: Hi Group, I am trying to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8.1. I have had trouble with the system restore function in 8.1. It does not make as many restore points as in XP, is harder to access, and crashes. Has it been improved in 10? Thanks! Mike *092 20222
  10. Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim: Many users complain that, after a while, Windows operating systems tend to become slower and need more time to load than after a clean install, blaming junk files and leftovers that continue to eat up space on the local drive after removal. Most of these users rely on the...