Windows 10: Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues

Discus and support Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright, so I play games on steam frequently, and I recently bought a game i've wanted that recently has been ported to steam. after I bought it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thatonejimmy12, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues

Alright, so I play games on steam frequently, and I recently bought a game i've wanted that recently has been ported to steam. after I bought it, it said it needed to install .Net Framework 3.5, so of course I try to download this, and the progress for downloading got all the way to the end, but then, it says that it couldn't be installed, because "the system cannot find the file specified" with an error code of 0x80070002. I've already tried installing it through the control panel, but that didn't work either. I do have knowledge of computers, but I'm by no means a veteran in any category, so if anyone can help, please do. Hopefully, this is in the right category of the forums.

:)

Thatonejimmy12, Feb 21, 2016
  2. DineshOne Win User

unexpected error occurred while troubleshooting

Upgraded to 1607 but unable to get .Net framework 3.5 windows update as it is required , when tried to install .Net 3.5 framework.

Why windows update is required for installing .Net framework 3.5?

DineshOne, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Ask about Including .net framework 3.5 on Windows 10 Installation

Dear Microsoft Corporation, i have a question about .net framework 3.5 . "Why .net framework 3.5 not include on Windows 10 instalation ?" I must install it after install windows 10 on my PC. And i have experience about this problem, in my country majority
    windows user dont know what is .net framework . I hope microsoft hear me and windows 10 on next build included .net framework 3.5 after install windows 10, thanks.

Geraldine Adi, Feb 21, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues

Hi and welcome *Smile

The .Net framework 3.5 is built into Windows 10 but not by default so you need to activate by selecting it from the Windows features.

Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues [​IMG]

Not sure if this is what you did but it is worth me checking before we go any further.

philc43, Feb 21, 2016
  5. I've already tried that various times, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for replying, by the way.

Thatonejimmy12, Feb 21, 2016
  6. I don't have any installation media, is there another way to fix it?

Thatonejimmy12, Feb 22, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 22, 2016
  8. I don't really have anything that the installation media would fit on, other then my hard drive. Sorry to repeat myself here, but are there any other options?

Thatonejimmy12, Feb 23, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Just download the ISO from techbench link above.

After download the ISO
    • double click the ISO to mount it.
    • Open This PC, you should see a Virtual DVD drive where the ISO mounted to, take note of the drive letter of the virtual DVD.
    • From Admin Command , Copy and paste the line below, replace X with the drive letter noted in step 2 then press <ENTER> to run.

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:X:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

topgundcp, Feb 23, 2016
  10. So, I don't need to have another drive or disc for this?

Thatonejimmy12, Feb 26, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    Just mount the ISO as said by double click or right click and select mount, look back at This PC see the virtual drive letter and use command above replace X with the virtual drive letter

jds63, Feb 26, 2016
  12. Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues

Didn't work. it said it couldn't recognize the file.
    here's a link to the dism log, if it helps: dism.log - Google Drive

Thatonejimmy12, Feb 27, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User
    Using the command that was listed is in some cases when you are receiving an error with DISM and also shows no source file found when running DISM.

Let's see how using system files checker and DISM turns out
    (Admin) Command Prompt copy and paste this then press enter let it finish

sfc /scannow

Same open command Prompt copy and paste this and press enter let it finish

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Let us know if any integrity violations form SFC or errors from DISM.

I do not know how this fixes you being unable to download and install .net framework 3.5, usually game through steam will do this for you from my experience with games and steam.

jds63, Feb 27, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    If get an error from DISM make sure to follow topgun post again, maybe was put in wrong

jds63, Feb 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues - Similar Threads - Net framework issues

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework issue: Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quite the application will close immediately. Could not load load file or assembly '2529792 bytes...
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework issue: Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quite the application will close immediately. Could not load load file or assembly '2529792 bytes...
  6. .NET framework issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET framework issue: In the Registry editior there isn't a v4.0 folder in the NET Framework\NDP folder yet when i try and download .NET v4.8 it is already installed on my computer? All of the support answers to resolve the install error require that i go to the V.4. folder but its not there How...
  7. .NET Framework Issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework Issues.: So, I'm on a HP Notebook laptop running the latest version of Windows 10, but recently I've been having trouble with .NET Framework features, whenever I tried downloading .NET Framework it would show an error called "HRESULT 0x80240017" , and there wasn't a way I could fix...
  8. .NET Framework Blocking Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Blocking Issue: I have an app that requires .NET Framework, but when I try to install it on Windows 10, its says that it's already a part of the OS, but is turned off. When I go to 'Turn Windows features on or off', I don't see .NET Framework listed. I've searched this forum, and while I...
  9. .net frameWork issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    .net frameWork issue: some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc. I go into my "turn windows features on or off" menu in control panel. It gives me for .net framework: .net environment, .NET...
  10. .NET Framework Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET Framework Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first time posting here so I hope I provide sufficient information. I have been some issues launching applications. Specifically, there are two video games on Steam that do not launch at all. If I launch them directly, I receive an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net framework 3.5 for windows 10

2. .net problems with windows 10