Windows 10: Windows 10 network and Remote Desktop log in Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 network and Remote Desktop log in Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small office network with 5 computers on it. 3 of them are running Win 10 Pro, and 2 of these 3 I have been already been connecting to with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JMartz65, Aug 21, 2018.

1. JMartz65 Win User

Windows 10 network and Remote Desktop log in Problem

I have a small office network with 5 computers on it. 3 of them are running Win 10 Pro, and 2 of these 3 I have been already been connecting to with Remote Desktop from home for several years. So I understand the port forwarding setting in my router to accomplish this. And at times I remote desktop between these same two while at the office. The 3rd computer we are just now wanting to enable Remote connections to as well. So all of that has been enabled on it. All three computer are assigned a static IP. Here's the problem:

The new one we're trying to set up does several strange things and won't allow a connection. When trying to connect over the LAN if I use the Computer name in RD I get an error that that computer can't be found on the network. Which is weird because it shows up in File Explorer and I can access it there. If I try to connect using the static IP over the LAN it brings up the user name and password window but won't accept the email address of the Microsoft account that is used to log into the computer. That username and password work fine when logging in directly on that computer. And that's the only user account setup on that computer.

When I try to log in over the internet the same thing happens, I'm asked for the credentials but they are not accepted.

Any suggestions?

:)

JMartz65, Aug 21, 2018

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

Try the above, post back how it went.

4. RJL_web Win User

Can't log in via Remote Desktop

I am having intermittent problems connecting via remote desktop. I use RD with a laptop to connect to my desktop PC. Both are running Windows 10. The desktop has Office 2016, the desktop has Office 2013.
    Both are Lenovo machines.

When I am unable to connect, I get the message:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled

2) The remote computer is turned off

3) The remote computer is not available on the network.

If the desktop computer is rebooted, I am able to connect, so the problem does not appear to be any of the 3 reasons listed above.

I'm having difficulty trouble-shooting this problem because it occurs when I am not in front of the desktop PC.

Any suggestions as to the cause or to how to troubleshoot this?

RJL_web, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 network and Remote Desktop log in Problem - Similar Threads - network Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Problem: I have two computers both running Windows 11 Professional. Both of these computers are logged into my Microsoft email account. When I try to RDP from one computer A into the second computer B, I enter the computer name for B, the email address of my Microsoft account, and my...
  3. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop problem.: I'm trying to install VPS. But then this message pop up.How can it fix this out?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-problem/6a6b1b5d-11b1-4632-8ab8-6cb24591d091
  4. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop problem.: I'm trying to install VPS. But then this message pop up.How can it fix this out?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-problem/6a6b1b5d-11b1-4632-8ab8-6cb24591d091
  5. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Remote desktop problem

Remote desktop problem: I got a problem with the RDP session I tried to connect my session with my xrdp kali wsl2 but it refuse to connect, it just said that your computer could not connect to another console session on remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I try...
  7. Problem with remote desktop

Problem with remote desktop: My office has gone to working at home full time for now and I am having a problem with Remote Desktop. It is just being incredibly laggy. I should also state that I've worked from home numerous times in the past and never had this issue. However this issue has been ongoing...
  8. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem

Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...
  9. Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240

Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240: Greetings everyone. I'm a longtime lurker here at Brink's forums. Learned a lot from the tutorials. Thanks! I upgraded Windows 7 Pro (legit license) to Windows 10 Pro. My main computer uses Windows 8.1. When connecting to another Windows 8.1 computer using remote desktop...
  10. Remote Desktop Problem

Remote Desktop Problem: Hi everyone, I'm having issues with remote desktop. I've gone over the tutorial here and on numerous other sites. I've enabled remote connections on the host computer, and I can remote in from other computers on my home network with no issues of any kind. However, I can't...