Windows 10: Windows 10 Network Deploying

Discus and support Windows 10 Network Deploying in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am planning to move from windows 7 to windows 10. What are the options available to deploy Windows 10 at an enterprise level? We used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by techtiger, Oct 8, 2015.

1. techtiger Win User

Windows 10 Network Deploying

Hi guys,

I am planning to move from windows 7 to windows 10. What are the options available to deploy Windows 10 at an enterprise level?

We used to have WDS for earlier versions of windows. Can anybody share the experience/knowledge.?

:)

techtiger, Oct 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade using usb drive

You can remove it after the first restart, but this is an ineffective way to deploy Windows to many computers.

It would be better you copy the Windows 10 installation files to a network share, browse to it then start setup from there.

or

Deploy Windows 10 with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit

Andre Da Costa, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 domain user login process cripples business location network

We have begun to deploy Windows 10 into our business environment.

One location in particular, network becomes crippled when the Windows 10 PC user logs in. Everyone in the location is unable to process anything that requires the network while and after the user log ins. If I have the user shut down the PC, we see the latency
    decrease to normal.

Before the PCs were deployed, Windows was updated and running fine. (However, this was at our main location with faster internet/network speeds)

I have disabled Windows Updates and disabled the share updates via network. The issue still occurs.

Any ideas on how a simple login could cripple a business network with a fiber connection?

Thank you,

DefaultProfileNate, Oct 8, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

What do you mean Enterprise level? If you mean that you have several Windows 7 PCs and want to upgrade them all, then you can save the Windows 10 files or download the ISO from here to avoid downloading on every single PC. Then use this ISO (better burn to disk) to upgrade the other computers. If you mean you have Windows 7 Enterprise, I don't think you can upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update. Call Microsoft for details.

spapakons, Oct 9, 2015
  5. techtiger Win User
    What I meant was LTI (light touch installation) ?

techtiger, Oct 9, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Have a look here and then google the tools mentioned along with Windows 10 to see if you can find new versions that support this in Windows 10. I'm not familiar with the process, so I cannot help you.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Network Deploying - Similar Threads - Network Deploying

2. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  3. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  4. Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server: Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network, I must use ipv6, I refer to this article, but without success, the l2brigde driver is not even loaded, how do I load this driverl2brigde.sys, what services do I need to enable?...
  5. Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server: Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network, I must use ipv6, I refer to this article, but without success, the l2brigde driver is not even loaded, how do I load this driverl2brigde.sys, what services do I need to enable?...
  6. Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server

7. Windows 10 Update KB5005033 breaks group policy network printer deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update KB5005033 breaks group policy network printer deployment: I see Event ID 513 in the PrintService>Admin event log. Group Policy was unable to add per computer connection \\server\printer. Error code 0xBCB. This can occur if the name of the printer connection is incorrect, or if the print spooler cannot contact the print server. I...
  8. Deploy Printer on network using local group policy (Windows 10 Pro Laptop)

Deploy Printer on network using local group policy (Windows 10 Pro Laptop): I am trying to deploy a printer that is connected to my laptop via USB. I am trying to use local group policy to accomplish this. I have done the following in the admin account: 1) Connected the printer Cannon MG3500 to my laptop and installed the drivers. 2) Shared this...
  9. Network Printers deployed via GPO to computer randomly stop showing for users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Printers deployed via GPO to computer randomly stop showing for users: We have had printers deployed via GPO from a print server for several years now. We push the policy to computer not user, so no matter who logins the printer will be there. Suddenly we are having computers randomly not show the printers at the client. We are all win10...
  10. During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot: Hello, Having an interesting one. Deploying a Windows 10 custom image using WDS/MDT. Using a Dell XPS 13 9350 and the Dell USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter. I'm able to boot to PXE, load Boot.wim to access my MDT task sequence, which then starts without issue. The OS...