Windows 10: Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

Discus and support Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UAW, Aug 16, 2018.

1. UAW
    UAW Win User

Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed.

However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list,

1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks,

2. it took another 30 sections to display the list of VPN that I have configured.

The same happened when I use an alternative method of going to Windows Settings, Network & Internet, then VPN, it took about 20 seconds before the list of VPN will show up.

Is there any method to speed up the display of the list? It used to be able to display the list of Wi-Fi and VPN almost instantly some time ago.

Thank you for your help and advise.

Andrew

Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display 53739630-52ca-4cc3-9309-7e1370106483?upload=true.png

:)

2. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Aug 16, 2018
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display - Similar Threads - network list takes

2. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  3. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  4. Snippet tool takes a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snippet tool takes a long time to load.: I've got a powerful machine, 32GB RAM, dedicated 8GB graphics card. My computer runs fine, except whenever I load the snippet tool it takes minutes to load. No other application does this. Photoshop loads almost instantly and is a much bigger app. I don't understand what's...
  5. On-screen keyboard takes long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On-screen keyboard takes long time to load: My on-screen keyboard takes a good 5-10 seconds to load. I tried to restore Windows 10 back to factory defaults reset this PC yesterday but it seems to be doing it still. I was always working fine before a couple weeks ago where it instantly use to pop up after clicking on...
  6. Account takes a long time to load

Account takes a long time to load: When I turned on my PC it takes only about ten seconds to start and show the log in screen, but after I typed my password, it takes about one to two minutes to load my account which it used to do in ten seconds few days back. However I installed some programs earlier, but...
  7. Applications taking a long time to load "Save as" list

Applications taking a long time to load "Save as" list: I have a client who has been a having a problem with his system hanging for 30 seconds to a minute when performing a Save as operation from any application I tested it on both Word and Adobe Acrobat DC. He is saving locally, but has a home network in which he has several...
  8. Browers Taking a long time to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browers Taking a long time to load: I am needing a little help with a Windows 10 Dell laptop. It's a couple of year old machine, with a fresh wipe and install of Windows 10. The computer got hacked, and we had to start fresh. Everything seems to be working fine, except for internet browsing. When you try to...
  9. My windows 10 takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 takes a long time to load: My windows 10 takes a long time to load. I use BIT Defender Total Security and this problem is just a month old. I use windows 10 professional ... The Desktop has been set up only few months back... I suspect some bug has got in along with the windows update Please suggest...
  10. Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10

Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10: Hey guys, recently i had a problem with desktop environment in windows 10 it takes long time to load, this happened after resetting my version and install system updates after the new boot. before the problem i was deleting or moving some files to empty space on my hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network drive 20 seconds load