Windows 10: Windows 10 Network path issue!

Discus and support Windows 10 Network path issue! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey I have a problem with windows 10. In windows 7 when I mapped drive I could send script to my program and say "open file >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dariusz, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Dariusz Win User

Windows 10 Network path issue!

Hey

I have a problem with windows 10.

In windows 7 when I mapped drive I could send script to my program and say "open file > x:/folder/file.exe"

In windows 10 I have to go and do "open file > //192.168.1.5/x/folder/file.exe"

This is causing HUGE issues with lots of render softwares and all. As they thing we try to reach website and they throw out an errors saying that its not supported etc etc. I'm talking about multiple software producets etc etc.

How can we change windows 10 path system back to Windows 7 ?

And why the heck did MS even change it ?! Without keeping legacy support FFS.

:)

Dariusz, Aug 5, 2016

2. Is it true that Windows 10 cannot connect to network drives at all?

With Windows XP, if you received a "Network path not found" error it meant a machine was turned off or you'd typed the name in your network mapping wrong. With Vista, the "Network path not found" error started to mean that Windows just didn't feel like
    connecting at that point but would connect for you if you'd just close out the window with the "Network path not found" error and try again in a minute or two. This issue was never resolved in Windows 7 or 8, and informal discussions I've seen on the web
    suggest it's even worse in the Windows 10 test builds.

Does Microsoft ever intend to fix this error? If you do a Google search for "Windows network path not found" you'll see literally 10+ pages of others who've had the same issue.

ArnoldBath13035, Aug 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 mapped network drive icons changing location address

I have a network location ( i.e. //networklocal/stuff ), I can map the drive in windows 10 and it would become ( z:/stuff). Located on this network drive is a program that needs a "working local drive" to be able run ( z:/stuff/program.exe). Once I create
    the desktop icon and make sure the paths are set for the mapped drive (z:/stuff/program.exe) not the network path (//networklocal/stuff/program.exe) the icon will work flawlessly. The issue I am having is that once the computer is restarted it changes the
    icon from the mapped path to the network path, thus making the icon unusable until it is changed back to the correct path by hand. How can I make it so that the icon wont change when the computer is restarted?

RobertHembree, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Network path issue!

1. Windows 10 Network path issue! - Similar Threads - Network path issue

2. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  3. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  4. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  5. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  6. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. network path not found

network path not found: error code 0x80070035 path not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-path-not-found/8ebdc367-89ab-495a-816e-6321d6df8b0a
  8. Network path not reachable

Network path not reachable: My main PC has two mapped drives, one to a NAS and the other a folder on the PC Other devices at home can reach the NAS but not the mapped folder I have proved it's to do with the KTS fw, when I turn off the fw the mapped folder is then reachable I recently upgraded KTS to...
  9. Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found"

Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found": I am about to pull my hair out, been trying to network 2 computers for most the day and still am not having any luck... Here is what I have done, and with the new SMB change im not even sure what is and isnt needed.. I have on both computers, opened sharing to public,...
  10. Folder share issue involving network path

Folder share issue involving network path: You're welcome. I had one last thought about HomeGroup but figured you would have mentioned that by now.