Windows 10: Windows 10 new clock and calendar

Discus and support Windows 10 new clock and calendar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am not able to view the new clock/calendar. Tried the "UseWin32TrayClockExperience" hack but it still does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by donurs, Aug 19, 2015.

1. donurs Win User

Windows 10 new clock and calendar

I upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am not able to view the new clock/calendar.
    Tried the "UseWin32TrayClockExperience" hack but it still does not work with the entry set at "0". If I edit the entry to "1", I do see the win7 old clock. Just not able to get the Win 10 clock/calendar working.
    Any suggestions?

:)

donurs, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Susan Slow, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Microsoft Clock

Before this mornings Windows 10 update, I had ClockSmith Lite running. It provided a chiming clock in place of the Windows clock. ClockSmith Lite is still on the computer but will not run. How can I replace the new Microsoft clock/calendar app for the taskbar
    with ClockSmith Lite?

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

WilliamWheatley44, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Donurs, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

See if the tutorial below for this may be able to help. It should be applied immediately when set in the registry.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

If you don't have the default new one back after setting to "0", then sign out and in or restart the computer to see if gets applied afterwards.

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  5. donurs Win User
    As mentioned in my earlier post, if I edit the UseWin32TrayClockExperience entry to "1", I do see the win7 old clock.
    Setting it to "0" does nothing. All I get is the default windows error audio ("ding" sound).
    Restarting does not help either including full shutdown and power on.

donurs, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What action are you performing when you get the ding sound? Trying to open the clock?

You could also see if deleting the UseWin32TrayClockExperience DWORD may work instead. It has the same effect as setting it to "0".

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Was the ding noise from what I posted above?

In that case, use the Find and Find Next feature in regedit to search for all instances of the UseWin32TrayClockExperience DWORD, and delete any found. This way if you may have another instance overriding it, this should sort it for you.

If it still doesn't sort it, then it looks like you may need to do a system restore using a restore point made before you changed it.

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  8. donurs Win User

Still no luck.
    Will research the issue in more detail and post a response with a solution hopefully!!

donurs, Aug 19, 2015
  9. dhalbert Win User
    I had the same problem and found a solution in the official microsoft.com forums. A Microsoft employee (?) there, Adrian Cosma, suggested the following:

1. Run Regedit.exe
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
    (note it's "Windows NT", not plain "Windows" in the key path above)
    3. Is there a subkey called "Armenian Standard Time"?
    4. If Yes: delete the "Armenian Standard Time" key (and only that key)
    5. Try launching the calendar again.

This worked for me. On one machine this key was not present, and the calendar worked fine. On the other, this key was present, and deleting it allowed the calendar to work immediately.

dhalbert, Sep 11, 2015
  10. donurs Win User
    After trying to resolve this issue like ten different ways, I decided to wait on MS to hopefully come up with a solution.
    When I saw this post I decided to give it a try and it worked right away.
    Who would have thought that Armenian ST was the culprit!
    BTW - I suggest users export the specific key just in case they need to add it back to the registry if this does not solve the clock issue.
    Thanks Adrian

donurs, Sep 11, 2015
  11. Upgrading from an old O/S to a new one is always buggy IMO, in every experience I ever had. The best solution to do when you have problems like this even tinkering with the registry is, backup all files and programs and settings. Upgrade to new O/S. Clean install new O/S. Install drivers and slowly copy back the files and install the programs from scratch.

heyyahblah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 new clock and calendar - Similar Threads - clock calendar

2. Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens: Hi,My org has moved us onto new PCs which is great, however, there are a few things I'm trying to change as I preferred some of the minor features of the old windows version e.g. start bar on the left instead of being central.However, so far I haven't found a fix for this...
  3. Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: Click clock to view calendar on dual screens no longer working on both screens: Hi,My org has moved us onto new PCs which is great, however, there are a few things I'm trying to change as I preferred some of the minor features of the old windows version e.g. start bar on the left instead of being central.However, so far I haven't found a fix for this...
  4. W10 Taskbar clock is black and clicking it will not open the calendar - any help gratefully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Taskbar clock is black and clicking it will not open the calendar - any help gratefully...: Good evening,I've searched high and low and tried every solution sfc / region reset / system clock on/off etc that has been on these forums but I still cannot get the clock to work and show the calendar when I click on it.As far as I can see, my settings are identical to my...
  5. W10 Taskbar clock is black and clicking it will not open the calendar - any help gratefully...

W10 Taskbar clock is black and clicking it will not open the calendar - any help gratefully...: Good evening,I've searched high and low and tried every solution sfc / region reset / system clock on/off etc that has been on these forums but I still cannot get the clock to work and show the calendar when I click on it.As far as I can see, my settings are identical to my...
  6. W10 Taskbar clock is black and clicking it will not open the calendar - any help gratefully...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just...: Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just received an 11: 10 reminder at 23:10 at night. Thanks....
  8. Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just...

Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just...: Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just received an 11: 10 reminder at 23:10 at night. Thanks....
  9. Is there any way of setting appointment times on the calendar to the 24 hour clock ? Just...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....