Windows 10: Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Discus and support Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Culwych, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Culwych Win User

Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Hi all,

Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up and it had done some updates which has left me with no audio. When I open up the Sound through search, under the Playback tab there is only "No Audio Devices are Installed" (with both Show Disabled and Disconnected Devices ticked).

I have gone through device manager and under Sound, Video and game controllers there is only: "Conexant I2S Audio Codec" as a driver. I have uninstalled this, reinstalled it, updated driver software (from my computer and internet), disabled it, added legacy hardware and tried a varied combination of these from various forums and guides and nothing has worked.

There is still a little red x next to my volume control. If it is of any help my speakers are B&O (says so on the side of the screen).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been driving me insane (when I should be studying). Thanks!

:)

Culwych, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Jason7G Win User

No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

I am having this VERY same issue and have exhausted the VERY same measures as you did. I would love to hear a resolution but I don't guess there will be one given.

Jason7G, Dec 30, 2015
  3. geoff_903 Win User
    No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

Please, any more suggestions? I'm thinking that there is a way to fix this.

And when I updated the driver for 'High Definition Audio Codecs', Device Manager switched it to 'Realtek High Definition Audio', even though that was already listed under 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers' (so now 'Realtek High Definition Audio' is listed
    twice under r 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers'.

Device Manager also allowed me to install 'Intel WiDi Audio Device', but it still makes no sound at all.

And under 'System Devices', my computer tells me that the driver for 'High Definition Audio Controller' is up to date, but it still has a yellow bang mark next to it (nothing I do seems to ever change that - any suggestsions?)

geoff_903, Dec 30, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Hello,and welcome to tenforums, if you right click on the sound icon go playback device ,is it check to use your B&O speakers . also you cold check HP support website for your device model # for latest listed drivers for you device

caperjack, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Culwych Win User
    Hi Caperjack and thanks for the welcome. There is nothing under the playback devices, it is just blank and says No Audio Devices are Installed. I'll have a quick look at the HP support website and see if there is anything useful.

The problem is that the speakers aren't recognised at all.

Culwych, Dec 30, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    just thought of another thing to try , in device manger ,check to rollback the driver ,maybe

caperjack, Dec 30, 2015
  7. fireberd Win User
    As this is new, best option is to call HP. If there is a hardware problem only HP can get it corrected under warranty.

fireberd, Dec 30, 2015
  8. Culwych Win User

Issue resolved.

There was an "Unknown Driver" in the Device Manager, right clicking gave me the details of what it was. Found the driver in DriversCollection.com and downloaded it. The sound was extremely tinny for a while but when I then updated the drivers from the HP website it is back to normal. Bit of a workaround but hopefully it will help anyone with the same issue.

Culwych, Jan 13, 2016
  9. caperjack Win User
    thanks for post the fix ,, good luck with the new driver

caperjack, Jan 14, 2016
  10. Eoghan Win User
    Hi Culwych

Having the same issue with my HP pavillion but nothing i have tried has worked so far, you couldnt tell me what driver you downloaded in the end that worked for you?

Thanks

Eoghan, May 19, 2016
  11. spapakons Win User
    Use Aida64 to identify the audio hardware. Then Google it to find drivers. If you have any difficulties, post the hardware information here and we will point you to the right direction.

spapakons, May 19, 2016
  12. Slim driver also can detect and update most of drivers for free when you install them just make sure you uncheck any other software just install slim driver if you choose to use slim driver and also under the sound property if you right-click on a blank area in the sound property you will find show disabled device and show diconnected device make sure they both have a checkmark

gijoetech1, May 19, 2016
  13. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

For me, that unknown device turned out to be the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM); I found the driver by going through 'Update Driver Software...' > 'Browse my computer for driver software' > 'Let me pick from list' > ' Sound, video and game controllers' > 'Intel Corp'. Good luck to anyone reading this. It's a pain, eh?

PaperBeetle, Nov 7, 2016
  14. spapakons Win User
    To manually install a driver, use Aida64 or Speccy to identify any unknown device, then download the driver and install it. To automatically (not recommended) install any unknown driver use Driver Pack or Snappy Driver Installer.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10: I know this has been widely discussed. One of my Win10 machine suddenly show "No Audio Output Devices in installed". I did the standard troubleshooting.Re-install audio driversuninstalled all audio devices and re-installDid the SFC scanDid DISM uninstalled some updatesRun...
  3. Windows 10 - NO Audio Output Device is installed

Windows 10 - NO Audio Output Device is installed: For the second time in 6 months or so, my audio drivers have just disappeared. Message states: "No Audio Output Device is installed." WHY??!! Also, I am unable to open SETTINGS from the START menu!...
  4. Windows 10 - No Audio Output Device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio Output Device is installed: I have just done a system reset and am now running version 2004 OS build 1904.423 but am getting the errorNo Audio Output Device is installed when I troubleshoot....
  5. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed: TL;DR - no audio after adding a webcam disabled some audio and trying to reinstall drivers removed all audio. Easy fix, or reinstall windows, or buy a new machine? 18-month old tower (now out of warranty) to an HDMI TV as monitor. Regular updates but no system restore points...
  6. NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10

NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10: Hi. I'm contacting you guys because I have nothing left to do to fix my HP Pavilion laptop. Couple of weeks ago, after an update from Microsoft, my laptop lost its audio. I have the sound icon on the taskbar in a red circle with an X. When I hover the mouse over it, I get...
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10

No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10: I completed a Windows update back in October of 2018 and noticed the red x over my volume icon. I had an error message that there was no audio output drivers installed on my machine. After trying the fixes listed, I ended up installing a driver from intel's website directly...
  8. No audio output device is installed windows 10

No audio output device is installed windows 10: I have tried the trouble shooter to no avail. I have gone into device manager updated drivers - the Intel ??? is installed. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-windows-10/42bf37c4-c118-4307-a85b-a55075f51018
  9. Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed: Hi, I have an issue with my audio sound not working all of a sudden yesterday, it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" System info: [ATTACH] Icon information in...
  10. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed: Hi Guys, currently i'm using a Asus A43 laptop and had upgraded Windows 10 few days ago. But somehow. i dont know how but some how, the audio is not detected. Things I tried: 1.) Reinstalled the realtek driver ( R279, 7553) 2.) Restart the Windows Audio Services 3.)...