Windows 10: Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Discus and support Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, currently i'm using a Asus A43 laptop and had upgraded Windows 10 few days ago. But somehow. i dont know how but some how, the audio is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xbatman139, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Hi Guys, currently i'm using a Asus A43 laptop and had upgraded Windows 10 few days ago.
    But somehow. i dont know how but some how, the audio is not detected.

Things I tried:
    1.) Reinstalled the realtek driver ( R279, 7553)
    2.) Restart the Windows Audio Services
    3.) Let windows to update its own

However these action are still the same

i've check on the event viewer and its showing this error. saying the device is not migrated.

Event 441, Kernel PnP

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10431AD3&REV_1001\4&23c09310&0&0001 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: BTHENUM\{61118058-486c-4bb0-b4b8-ace4dcadec44}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&1a368771&0&000000000000_00000000
    Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122
    Present: false

Kindly assist me on this.... Thanks

:)

xbatman139, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Jason7G Win User

No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

I am having this VERY same issue and have exhausted the VERY same measures as you did. I would love to hear a resolution but I don't guess there will be one given.

Jason7G, Jul 31, 2015
  3. geoff_903 Win User
    No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

Please, any more suggestions? I'm thinking that there is a way to fix this.

And when I updated the driver for 'High Definition Audio Codecs', Device Manager switched it to 'Realtek High Definition Audio', even though that was already listed under 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers' (so now 'Realtek High Definition Audio' is listed
    twice under r 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers'.

Device Manager also allowed me to install 'Intel WiDi Audio Device', but it still makes no sound at all.

And under 'System Devices', my computer tells me that the driver for 'High Definition Audio Controller' is up to date, but it still has a yellow bang mark next to it (nothing I do seems to ever change that - any suggestsions?)

geoff_903, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Nemix Win User

Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Dear Nemix, thanks for the reply
    however the step you provided is the one that i'm always using.
    i've even installed the latest realtek driver ( 7571 ) , but still no hope on it

xbatman139, Jul 31, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    I upgraded a laptop 2 days ago, and had the headphone jack plugged in during the upgrade. Big mistake! - the laptop's audio device was not installed by the time the upgrade was completed. I had to uninstall the missing device several times, rebooting each time, until I finally got the message that the device was there but the drivers could not load.

See my post here for resolution:

No sound after installing 10 - Windows 10 Forums

This was IDT HiDef Audio, but may help you as well.

simrick, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Thanks, Simrick, however this solution does not apply on my machine..
    still no audio detected...

xbatman139, Jul 31, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Does it show in device manager? Perhaps with a bang on it? If so, please uninstall it completely (right-click and select uninstall) and opt to remove all drivers if it gives you that option. Reboot. Go back to device manager. Hover over it and select properties. In the general tab, see what the error description is. Mine had an error of "device not installed". I had to keep deleting the device from device manager and rebooting until it finally showed "can not start", and the reason was no driver installed. I was then able to install the driver.

simrick, Jul 31, 2015
  9. brummyfan Win User
    xbatman 139, can you check whether "Windows Audio" Service and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" service running.

Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jul 31, 2015
  10. atheist Win User
    Hey I could solve the same problem by deinstalling the realtek software in programs and features. Just update the realtek drivers in the device manager.

atheist, Aug 6, 2015
  11. adj592 Win User
    This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

Reference: Solved No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 10) - Windows 10 Forums

adj592, Oct 10, 2015
  12. so i was reading this part here and noticed something there indeed running all the time but most apps i use like skype will say its in use here is what i did "i went too this location show my the picture and took a good look all you got too do is restart the program maybe that works so i did it instead if restarting my pc i restarted the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    too my suprise after it was finished restarting it my sound poped back in and was ready too go.

i hope this also works for all of you out there and good luck.

lightninghooves, Dec 17, 2015
  13. clandoug Win User

Hi. I know this is an old thread. I am having a similar problem. Sound was working fine. An automatic win10 update caused the issue. "No audio output device is installed". Sure enough, playback devices is empty, nothing to select. In device manager, I have three drivers that are unsigned (code 52): a "Realtek High Definition Audio" under Sound, video and game controllers, and two "High Definition Audio Controller" under System devices. I have uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled several times, no luck. The system ones don't really seem to uninstall - if you scan for hardware they come back. I'm not finding any other info anywhere else so hoping someone here can help me. My system is a Lenovo K450e with win10 installed on top of win8.1, and my audio is old school audio jack to headphones.

clandoug, Jun 20, 2016
  14. Hedehe Win User
    Hi, I fought long and hard with this problem, and in the end the only thing that helped was a "factory reset" of Win10 (keeping my files). I only had to reinstall some programs and drivers, but the sound came back, and everything was fine and dandy.

I hope this helps.

Hedehe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10: I know this has been widely discussed. One of my Win10 machine suddenly show "No Audio Output Devices in installed". I did the standard troubleshooting.Re-install audio driversuninstalled all audio devices and re-installDid the SFC scanDid DISM uninstalled some updatesRun...
  3. Windows 10 - NO Audio Output Device is installed

Windows 10 - NO Audio Output Device is installed: For the second time in 6 months or so, my audio drivers have just disappeared. Message states: "No Audio Output Device is installed." WHY??!! Also, I am unable to open SETTINGS from the START menu!...
  4. Windows 10 - No Audio Output Device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio Output Device is installed: I have just done a system reset and am now running version 2004 OS build 1904.423 but am getting the errorNo Audio Output Device is installed when I troubleshoot....
  5. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed: TL;DR - no audio after adding a webcam disabled some audio and trying to reinstall drivers removed all audio. Easy fix, or reinstall windows, or buy a new machine? 18-month old tower (now out of warranty) to an HDMI TV as monitor. Regular updates but no system restore points...
  6. NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10

NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10: Hi. I'm contacting you guys because I have nothing left to do to fix my HP Pavilion laptop. Couple of weeks ago, after an update from Microsoft, my laptop lost its audio. I have the sound icon on the taskbar in a red circle with an X. When I hover the mouse over it, I get...
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10

No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10: I completed a Windows update back in October of 2018 and noticed the red x over my volume icon. I had an error message that there was no audio output drivers installed on my machine. After trying the fixes listed, I ended up installing a driver from intel's website directly...
  8. No audio output device is installed windows 10

No audio output device is installed windows 10: I have tried the trouble shooter to no avail. I have gone into device manager updated drivers - the Intel ??? is installed. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-windows-10/42bf37c4-c118-4307-a85b-a55075f51018
  9. Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed: Hi, I have an issue with my audio sound not working all of a sudden yesterday, it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" System info: [ATTACH] Icon information in...
  10. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed: Hi all, Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up and it had done some updates which has left me with no audio. When I open up the Sound through search, under the Playback tab...