Windows 10: Windows 10 no boot

Discus and support Windows 10 no boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wife woke me from dead sleep to tell me PC isn't working. Go check and find the desktop on but nothing on screen. Hold power button to shut off then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by udidwht, May 7, 2018.

1. udidwht Win User

Windows 10 no boot

Wife woke me from dead sleep to tell me PC isn't working. Go check and find the desktop on but nothing on screen. Hold power button to shut off then turn on.Computer startup initially seems normal (see Gigabyte post screen then Win 10 spinning icon blah blah...) then screen goes black but computer still running.
    Wait.....nothing...computer still on nothing on screen. Rinse repeat same results until the Windows repair kicks in.

Wife left home but stated it was running fine and on the desktop when she left. After returning she found PC that way.

When Windows does get to the repair screen my keyboard does not allow me to select advanced. NO working keyboard. So I used (after restart) my bootable USB that will allow me to run the repair option but it fails telling me it was unable to repair Windows. WTF.

Computer has ran flawlessly and is cleaned out every 3 months (run filters) CMOS battery changed less than 1 year ago. No POST beep errors of any kind. New memory (G-Skill 16GB) was purchased ~1.5 years ago upgraded from 8GB.

I'd like to not lose my system files/programs given everything I have on it. So what are my best options to get it to boot & run?

PC specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Current build as of this date)
    Core-i5 2500K (unclocked)
    16GB G-Skill DDR-3 Trident X 7-8-8-24
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0 (Award BIOS F10)
    XFX HD Radeon 7870DD 256bit 2GB GDDR5 (17.10.2 drivers)
    Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme gamer
    1TB Hitachi SATA-3 64mb cache
    1TB WD Black SATA-3 64mb cache
    1TB WD Black SATA-3 64mb cache
    Rosewill Mid tower Challenger case
    LG Blue Ray DVD burner
    Antec 650w PSU

:)

udidwht, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no boot

1. Windows 10 no boot - Similar Threads - boot

2. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  3. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  4. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  6. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  7. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  9. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  10. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware