Windows 10: Windows 10 "no internet" but is actually working.

Discus and support Windows 10 "no internet" but is actually working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I'm staying in a hotel right now and am having an issue where my PC is telling me that I'm connected but have "no internet".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matt120, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Matt120 Win User

Windows 10 "no internet" but is actually working.

Hey everyone,

So I'm staying in a hotel right now and am having an issue where my PC is telling me that I'm connected but have "no internet". However, I can still load web pages, download files, stream videos, etc BUT I'm having other issues that I feel like must be related to this. The wi-fi signal icon in the lower left corner has no bars filled and an asterik beside it as if i'm not connected at all. Can anyone tell me why this may be happening? I don't recall the last time I had to login using the hotel splash page and I can't get that page to reload to see if that would fix the problem. Any insights? Thanks in advance!

I've restarted the computer, forgotten the network, disabled/re-enabled the wifi, disabled the firewall, have no ad-blocker installed, tried to join other networks within the hotel and nothing has helped.

:)

Matt120, Apr 26, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Apr 26, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Windows 10 "no internet" but is actually working.

Check the status of your Network List service. If that's been disabled or stopped (or any of its dependencies), then you'll get
    that false "no internet" message.

kreemoweet, Apr 26, 2017
  5. Matt120 Win User
    That's running and I also just set it to automatic. Not sure what the dependencies would be.

Matt120, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 "no internet" but is actually working.

1. Windows 10 "no internet" but is actually working. - Similar Threads - internet actually working

2. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  3. Windows 10 internet is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 internet is not working: My windows 10 have no internet but connected. I even tried it with lan cable and WiFi. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-is-not-working/5c38d668-0a9f-4f79-9730-5d1e0c422e28
  4. Windows 10 internet is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 internet is not working: My windows 10 have no internet but connected. I even tried it with lan cable and WiFi. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-is-not-working/5c38d668-0a9f-4f79-9730-5d1e0c422e28
  5. Windows 10 internet is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...: Hello everyone, I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network. In our network we have more than 20 PC, but only 3 PC have the same problem. During the day in intermittent way they can't connection with browser, mail or other...
  7. Windows 10 internet not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 internet not working: I recently updated my windows 10 home edition and now whenever i download a game or something, the internet stop working in other applications like chrome or firefox. What's wierd is the download is still working but cannot surf internet on same pc. Even weirder, i cannot...
  8. Internet not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet not working on Windows 10: I've had this problem for a while now where I am able to use my internet perfectly fine but after a few hours of not using it it no longer will work. I won't be able to load any websites or launch anything that needs an internet connection and the only fix I have found is...
  9. Windows 10 No Internet But Internet Works

Windows 10 No Internet But Internet Works: I have tried every google search and fix I can find but nothing is fixing this. I have two different brand Windows 10 PCs and there is an Wireless error showing in the package tray saying no internet available but there is. The PCs are connected fine. How can I fix this...
  10. "No internet connection" but it actually is connected

"No internet connection" but it actually is connected: Hi its been a while since I posted an issue. I have this problem for a while I am not sure what's going on, So what happens is sometimes when I play a game or when I am on something like Discord for example sometimes my internet disconnects except for that program I am on. I...