Windows 10: Windows 10 - No internet connection

Discus and support Windows 10 - No internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have suddenly noticed a problem with internet connection. I cannot download any apps from Microsoft store (with unknown error message).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drezir, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Drezir Win User

Windows 10 - No internet connection

Hello,

i have suddenly noticed a problem with internet connection. I cannot download any apps from Microsoft store (with unknown error message). Strange is that each other software (cloud clients, browser, ....) works perfectly.

I have already searched for solution on google and found command wsreset.exe but this did not work..
    I have also tried network troubleshooter. It has found these errors:There is one or more missing network protocols
    Windows sockets registry entries are missing
    I have tried to repair these errors with some netsh commands, which actually did something but did not solve anything.

Another solution is to reinstall network drivers but this did not work either.
    Does anyone know solution for this? Thank you

:)

Drezir, Feb 4, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Feb 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the simplest approach is to try to avoid tech fixes.
    a. do you have any restore points - system restore is disabled by default in Win 10, but it is useful to have a restore point created on a daily schedule (for which you need to set up a schedule yourself).
    b. do you use disk imaging? Everyone really needs to it's invaluable. If so, restore an image prior to when the problem arose. (Takes << 40 mins e.g.).

See:
    Solved Windows Store not working - Windows 10 Forums

noting the Powershell command may be one that doesn't work post build 10586.. but you can try it. I don't know.
    The in-place upgrade install is a good tool, but time consuming compared to a. or b.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Drezir Win User
    I have ended up with this problem by reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. None of solutions on the internet worked for me. Thank you for your solution anyway *Smile

Drezir, Feb 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thanks for letting us know.

Please note this repair technique for future reference (I mentioned it previously):
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    - saves time compared with a clean install and setting everything up

Also now you have a clean working system, do start using Disk Imaging regularly.
    Huge time saver with many advantages.
    When you have a difficult to solve problem, restoring an image can take << 40 mins, and gets your PC back to exactly how it was when you created the image.

Further:
    - you have a full backup from which you can extract files
    - you can restore your image to a new disk
    - restore to dissimilar hardware
    etc etc

Macrium Reflect (free) and others are available - external disk, boot disk or device.

dalchina, Feb 6, 2016
  7. Drezir Win User
    For me, even in-place upgrade did not solve my problem. Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Drezir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - No internet connection - Similar Threads - internet connection

2. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  3. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  4. Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet: The Wi-Fi button is missing on my computer. I am not able to connect to the Internet at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dont-have-wi-fi-button-to-connect-to/e1d38c98-1833-43c8-aba8-0fdeb83cb133
  5. Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet

Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet: The Wi-Fi button is missing on my computer. I am not able to connect to the Internet at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dont-have-wi-fi-button-to-connect-to/e1d38c98-1833-43c8-aba8-0fdeb83cb133
  6. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  7. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  8. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  9. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  10. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...