Windows 10: windows 10 no lock screen at all.

Discus and support windows 10 no lock screen at all. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Believe me I have scoured Google to solve this with no luck at all. I upgraded (free) from 7 to 10 a month ago and all is going well apart from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alanrcooke, Oct 2, 2015.

1. windows 10 no lock screen at all.

Believe me I have scoured Google to solve this with no luck at all. I upgraded (free) from 7 to 10 a month ago and all is going well apart from the lock screen. Sometimes when I boot up I see the lock screen for the briefest moment before I get to the regular sign in screen. Win+L does not result in a Lock screen but the regular sign in screen (Blue window and bottom left options).

I have tried the NoLockScreen DWord registry option with no luck either. Both manually and as a 'reg' file insert. Lock screen is set on via settings and I can select Spotlight, background images and apps to show etc.

I do not have Gpedit.msc as I have the Home version of Win 10.

Any idea what might be amiss?

:)

alanrcooke, Oct 2, 2015
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, no login prompt, mouse, keyboard and usb ports do not work - iRULU Spiritbook S1L

Hello Ronnie,

Your unsatisfactory about what happened is noted. Regarding this concern, without the main peripheral devices working in Startup Settings, it will be impossible to do anything. From here, we may now suggest you to consult the manufacturer in order to gain
    more assistance. A personal approach with the unit will be the best action.

Once that the unit is already in good condition, please bare that the system has to be kept updated, and backups are in place.

Feel free to update us about any results.

Marc Cai, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, no login prompt, mouse, keyboard and usb ports do not work - iRULU Spiritbook S1L

I was unable to access startup menu from esc key. My son has one of the same pc's though so I tried it on his and there is only one option under the boot menu, the SD slot is not listed.

I was wondering if I used his to make a recovery file on the SD card if it would help? If something is wrong with the drivers for the keyboard/mouse/usb slots would it look to the SD card for them?

RonnieSponnie, Oct 2, 2015
  4. windows 10 no lock screen at all.

Murphy's Law dictates that when you post for a solution you instantly find it yourself.

Turns out that Dell Face Recognition Access software disables the Lock Screen. I never use it so uninstalled it on the off chance.

Solved!

alanrcooke, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 no lock screen at all.

1. windows 10 no lock screen at all. - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. remove standard user from sign in locked screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    remove standard user from sign in locked screen: how do I remove the standard user account from my sign in locked screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-standard-user-from-sign-in-locked-screen/814d3be7-fedd-4a38-8d06-6fc2da41930c
  3. Bug: Windows automatically re-positions my split screen when locking/unlocking the screen...

Bug: Windows automatically re-positions my split screen when locking/unlocking the screen...: Each time I lock the screen in Windows 10 and unlock it, the full-screen division in Google Chrome is automatically reset by Windows. I typically have the left screen covering 25% of the screen and the right side about 75% but it always jumps back to 50/50 each time I lock...
  4. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working: the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't Shutdown even though i keep clicking on Shutdown. I have tried using the Cmd Commands powercfg.cpl and sfc /scannow But it...
  5. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  6. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  7. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  8. after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless...: after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless certail programs are running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-unlocking-win-10-system-goes-back-to-lock/a189f2c8-61c2-4d01-b4b8-ebb23aa63461
  9. Program windows resize every time when I lock the screen

Program windows resize every time when I lock the screen: Hi there, First time post question here. Recently I installed a new windows 10 system, and I noticed every time after I lock the screen, and log in again. The program's windows resize itself. So I have to manually change the size for each programs. Please help....
  10. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. Since last week, my Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. I follow the instruction at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/82156-reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows-10-a.html but it does not work. Moreover, I...