Windows 10: windows 10 no lock screen at all.

Discus and support windows 10 no lock screen at all. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Believe me I have scoured Google to solve this with no luck at all. I upgraded (free) from 7 to 10 a month ago and all is going well apart from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alanrcooke, Oct 2, 2015.

1. windows 10 no lock screen at all.

Believe me I have scoured Google to solve this with no luck at all. I upgraded (free) from 7 to 10 a month ago and all is going well apart from the lock screen. Sometimes when I boot up I see the lock screen for the briefest moment before I get to the regular sign in screen. Win+L does not result in a Lock screen but the regular sign in screen (Blue window and bottom left options).

I have tried the NoLockScreen DWord registry option with no luck either. Both manually and as a 'reg' file insert. Lock screen is set on via settings and I can select Spotlight, background images and apps to show etc.

I do not have Gpedit.msc as I have the Home version of Win 10.

Any idea what might be amiss?

:)

alanrcooke, Oct 2, 2015
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, no login prompt, mouse, keyboard and usb ports do not work - iRULU Spiritbook S1L

Hello Ronnie,

Your unsatisfactory about what happened is noted. Regarding this concern, without the main peripheral devices working in Startup Settings, it will be impossible to do anything. From here, we may now suggest you to consult the manufacturer in order to gain
    more assistance. A personal approach with the unit will be the best action.

Once that the unit is already in good condition, please bare that the system has to be kept updated, and backups are in place.

Feel free to update us about any results.

Marc Cai, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, no login prompt, mouse, keyboard and usb ports do not work - iRULU Spiritbook S1L

I was unable to access startup menu from esc key. My son has one of the same pc's though so I tried it on his and there is only one option under the boot menu, the SD slot is not listed.

I was wondering if I used his to make a recovery file on the SD card if it would help? If something is wrong with the drivers for the keyboard/mouse/usb slots would it look to the SD card for them?

RonnieSponnie, Oct 2, 2015
  4. windows 10 no lock screen at all.

Murphy's Law dictates that when you post for a solution you instantly find it yourself.

Turns out that Dell Face Recognition Access software disables the Lock Screen. I never use it so uninstalled it on the off chance.

Solved!

alanrcooke, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 no lock screen at all.

1. windows 10 no lock screen at all. - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro: I upgraded to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Now the screensaver lock screen does not respond to password entry or fingerprint reading. I have to reboot to sign in. Is there a fix for this?...
  3. Lock Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen slideshow not working: I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround. When the laptop is left,...
  4. lock screen

lock screen: how to resize of photo in lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/3a2c3206-2df5-4496-b39e-500f58bbf9dc
  5. lock screen clock colors

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen clock colors: the hospital change the background for the lock screen on our Windows 10 machines and it is white so is there a way I can change the clock that is displayed on the lock screen so it is not bleached out. thank you ED...
  6. Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location: When I want to give or sell my computer to another person, how do I delete or remove the pictures that have been selected in the past for my lock screen and/or display screen wallpaper? I remove the folder I got them from, but they still show up if I go to Settings,...
  7. windows lock screen stuck & im afraid its going to get stuck

windows lock screen stuck & im afraid its going to get stuck: windows lock screen stuck & im afraid its going to get stuck in that position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-stuck-im-afraid-its-going-to/a43212e7-f73d-4a7b-9eeb-30de4b6fb288
  8. windows 10 back round and lock screen

windows 10 back round and lock screen: Please, I have windows 10 and I'm trying to change the pictures and themes on my back round and lock screen. I was already told to go to "settings" , then "personalization" and change those things there. Well when I got there and tried to click to change the pictures NOTHING...
  9. Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809: Hi all - I set custom Lock Screen images for two accounts on a single system, but cannot locate the actual path so I can make a backup of it. Obviously, it is stored somewhere, but I would rather find a solution here than just digging around. These are not Spotlight images....
  10. Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809: Hi all - I set custom Lock Screen images for two accounts on a single system, but cannot locate the actual path so I can make a backup of it. Obviously, it is stored somewhere, but I would rather find a solution here than just digging around. Any help appreciated. Thanks....