Windows 10: Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin

Discus and support Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I use Lenovo Miix 700 (tablet) that I received through my school. The original account was my school account, but after adding my microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dendurang, Jul 31, 2016.

1. dendurang Win User

Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin

Hello,

I use Lenovo Miix 700 (tablet) that I received through my school. The original account was my school account, but after adding my microsoft account as the main account it doesn't show the account picture I set or my username. Instead it is just the blank picture and the account name is 'Other User'. I was still able to log in through my microsoft account, but I am unable to log in using a 4-digit pin as I was able to previously.

I tried making a local user, but that didn't solve it. Also, it is strange to me, but I cannot set my school account (the one I started with) as the main account now. I cannot remove the microsoft account I added.

I imagine this is a simple solution that I am not seeing, but I would appreciate any guidance! I will probably take this to my school's ITS helpdesk, but would prefer not having to make that trip. Thank you for reading.

:)

dendurang, Jul 31, 2016

2. Windows 10 PIN no longer able to be added.

I got rid of the pin but it wont let me add it.

Michael MSN, Jul 31, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows 10 PIN no longer able to be added.

Go Settings, Account, Sign-in options, Remove under Pin. Do the password and confirm.

Then Add, Do the password, enter the Pin twice enter

Restart and use Pin

lacrumb, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Before going to a lengthy explanation and advice, could you please confirm if I am right or wrong assuming that your original user account, that from school, is an Azure AD account?

If you are not sure, do this to check it:

Sign in to your school account. When signed in, click your avatar in Start menu and select Switch account:

Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin [​IMG]

Now sign in to your MS account. When signed in, click the MS account avatar in Start menu. Can you now see the school account name as Azure AD\Your_Name:

How we proceed depends on if the school account is shown as Azure AD account or not.

Each user account in Windows have their own password and PIN. Whatever account type the school account is, it has its PIN. When you set up an additional MS account, it requires its own PIN:

Thema:

1. Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin - Similar Threads - longer able log

2. No longer able to log into windows 10 after using msconfig to enter diagnostic mode.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No longer able to log into windows 10 after using msconfig to enter diagnostic mode.: After entering diagnostic mode through MSCONFIG upon logging in I was told my PIN was unavailable. I was given the option to reset the PIN and nothing happened. I tried resetting it several times. I then chose "sign in options and chose to enter to enter my Microsoft account...
  3. No longer able to log into windows 10 after using msconfig to enter diagnostic mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to log into windows 10 after using msconfig to enter diagnostic mode.: After entering diagnostic mode through MSCONFIG upon logging in I was told my PIN was unavailable. I was given the option to reset the PIN and nothing happened. I tried resetting it several times. I then chose "sign in options and chose to enter to enter my Microsoft account...
  4. No longer able to log into windows 10 after using msconfig to enter diagnostic mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No longer able to log in as OWNER

No longer able to log in as OWNER: I am setting up some computers for a non-profit.I just got my own computer to begin this process, and had been logging in as OWNER, an administrator. This was the way my computer was set up when I got it. It did not have an email or password assigned to it.I added another...
  6. Windows 10 PIN no longer available, cannot log in to device

Windows 10 PIN no longer available, cannot log in to device: I recently followed directions on an MS forum on how to reduce CPU and memory usage upon logging in to my laptop. However, after I restarted my computer I was no longer able to log in using my PIN. It says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your...
  7. No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong"

No longer able to log in because PIN setup fails with "Something Went Wrong": Since an update a month or more ago I have been unable to log into to my Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 because after supplying my Microsoft password and approving the Authenticator app I am prompted to set up a PIN. The setup fails with a "Something Went Wrong" message. Hitting...
  8. Not Able To Log In To Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Able To Log In To Windows 10: Installed Windows 10 a few days back. Was logging in using the PIN. Today, due to some issue with the graphics driver, I put the system into safe mode and restarted it. On restarting, it asked for my Microsoft password. Even on entering the right password, it says that the...
  9. Log in on new Laptop - PIN is no longer available....

Log in on new Laptop - PIN is no longer available....: I set up my nephews new laptop this morning and now we can't even log into it. It gives this error, but I cannot access the settings to change the pin. [ATTACH] I have accessed his outlook account via another laptop but cannot find where to change the PIN. Someone...
  10. No longer being able to Log into Mahjong Daily Challenges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer being able to Log into Mahjong Daily Challenges: Hi there – I restored my Win10 installation after the November update several times because the system was no longer running smoothly, and finally did a clean install of the update a few days ago. Now I can no longer log-in to MS Mahjong Daily Challenged (No problem with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why am i not able to log in with a pin to windows

2. no longer able to log in with pin windows 10