Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ringo_Dingo, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

Hi,

Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I would need to roll back to w7 then reupdate to w10, but I don't see that option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

Ringo_Dingo, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 23, 2018
  3. no longer activated after motherboard change. activation troubleshooter not connecting

That depends on what type of license you have of Windows 7/8/10.

If Windows 7/8/10 came preinstalled on the computer, that is called an OEM license. For an OEM license, the license dies as soon as Motherboard dies. So essentially it is non-transferable. If that is the case you need to get a new license.

However, this is not same for retail licenses i.e. you purchased the license through Microsoft store. That does carry transfer rights. If that is the case, please see the below steps:

What you need to do is to grab the key using any Software like Showkey Plus, uninstall that key from older PC and use it on another computer.

Download Showkey Plus:

ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

Uninstall the key

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-deactivate-windows-10-and-change-the-product-key/

Use the key by Showkey Plus on the newer computer.

Alternatively, there are two more options available other than this:

• Contact Microsoft at http://www.support.microsoft.com/contactus through chat support. They would take control of your PC and activate(might need a proof of purchase)
    • Use the Activation troubleshooter on the new PC signed in with same MS account.

Go to Settings>Update and security>Activation and run the troubleshooter.

Select I recently changed hardware on this device.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

windows activation after motherboard changed.

Hi Raed,

To reactivate your Windows 10 after changing your motherboard, we suggest that you check this
    article, and follow the Activation troubleshooter steps/instructions to resolve it.

Another possible resolution, you may refer to this thread, and look for
    Andre Da Costa's post.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Michael Gall, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

1. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard - Similar Threads - longer Active changing

2. Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi, I have read all the articles possible about how to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change and nothing has worked. I swapped my motherboard for something more high-end and nothing else, but now my activation is debunked. Windows knows my product key Win 10 Home...
  3. Windows 10 activation after motherboard change

Windows 10 activation after motherboard change: Hey,i know this is a common problem but i haven't found a solution for this yet.I changed my hardware todaymotherboard,cpu,ram and i am trying to activate windows on this pc.It just doesn't work cause it says that "we cant find any devices linked to your microsoft account"...
  4. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: Hello, I had activated Windows 10 and Office Home & Student and yesterday I bought a new motherboard. My windows said that I don't have a license. I lost my activation key for Windows but I have for office. What can I do?...
  5. WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION AFTER CHANGING MOTHERBOARD

WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION AFTER CHANGING MOTHERBOARD: Because of graphics issue I have replace mother board of sony laptop but after replacing mother borad I cant able to reactivate the windows 10 I have 42 no code recived from telephonic activation of windows but i don't have product key because digitally signed windows...
  6. Windows 10 Activation after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation after motherboard change: I recently changed motherboards and now my windows isn't activated I was signed in with a Microsoft account linked to my windows copy but it still won't let me activate it the error code is 0Xc004F211...
  7. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: So I changed motherboard and it says that I need to reactivate Windows, I log in to my Microsoft account (i got windows 10 free from a windows 7 upgrade a while ago) I let Windows diagnose the problem, they say that there has been a report of hardware change, I press the...
  8. Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change: I have installed a new motherboard on my PC and now Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got to settings>Update&Security>Activation I get error code 0xC004C060 I troubleshoot and get the message "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device" I click "Change...
  9. Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated

Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated: Purchased a used computer with Windows 7 roughly 2 years ago, and used the free upgrade at the time to change to windows 10. My ex gave me a product ID, and a product Key that was displayed after the upgrade. Today I did some hardware changes, and got a new motherboard....
  10. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated: So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting and tried to get it re-activated but Microsoft said I cant....