Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points.

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone. A few months ago I posted about how I have to do a system restore every few days, to which there is no pattern, to regain internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by unicornhearts, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points.

Hello everyone.

A few months ago I posted about how I have to do a system restore every few days, to which there is no pattern, to regain internet connection, even though it says I'm connected. I'm still having to do that; it occurs mainly after a driver or Windows 10 update, but not immediately after. Sometimes it's a few days and after several reboots which is weird. I don't think Windows 10 is compatible with much. Anywho, now I've discovered that Windows 10 has stopped creating automatic restore points, which it's supposed to do once a week. I have not changed any settings. Why would it have stopped on its own, and how can I check those settings?

:)

unicornhearts, Sep 16, 2017

2. windows 10 not creating automatic restore points bs

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps:

Method 1: Run DISM Scan

The DISM helps you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and click on
    Command Prompt (Admin). If prompted for an administrative password, kindly provide the password

2. Type the command below and click Enter.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:J:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Method 2: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and click on
    Command Prompt (Admin). If prompted for an administrative password, kindly provide the password

2. Type "sfc /scannow" and click Enter.

Note: It is always recommended to keep a back up of your important files before making any changes to your system. I would suggest you to do so.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 16, 2017
  3. windows 10 not creating automatic restore points bs

i just like to know if microsoft is aware of this issue? Lucky that I can do restore points manually. I upgraded to windows 10 July 29 since then task scheduler every task has error, event viewer has errors dating back to july 29 even one for system restore
    saying it's disabled because network setup service will not run, no matter how many times i start the service it stops within 1 second. I do have system protection enabled. I did sfc and dism scans ending up with error 0x800f081f and i have tried everything
    that is required to fix the error and more but the error is still there. The sfc log is full of SR issues. I hope microsoft is looking into this issue because i don't know what else to do?

p;s i have iso mounted in drive J but the iso file folder is here C:\Users\OWNER\OneDrive\Documents please give me the dism code that will direct my computer to the iso that will fix error 0x800f081f

FrankRitacca, Sep 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points.

Hi, your experience is the unfortunate exception, and it would be wrong to draw a general conclusion
    It should not be the case that you need to do a system restore like that. However I have recently seen a thread where someone finds a very particular driver keeps 'disappearing' so I suspect that you may need to protect your driver from being replaced by Windows (there is a tutorial here about that). Perhaps you have older or specific hardware- maybe Broadcom? Windows had problems with that, apparently.

As for system restore:
    If you wish to create a restore point on a schedule, please see
    Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

There is a long thread where Brink worked through with some people who had difficulty with older ways of doing this to achieve a reliable robust way of scheduling it (I still use an old script as a scheduled task quite successfully).

Bear in mind
    a. System Restore is not that reliable when you try restoring. It can get upset when you least want that.
    b. It's turned off by MS on each major build upgrade or an in-place upgrade repair install

Disk imaging is much more complete and robust- and strongly recommended here- but a quite different thing of course. Should be used routinely e.g. Macrium Reflect (free).

A quick search also offers this (not tried, and it's from 2015)
    Restore Point Creator For Windows 10

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  5. Good. I hated that feature. I only need my own restore points, so I didn't want the trouble of dealing with the unneeded ones.

Craig Fergusson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points.

1. Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points. - Similar Threads - longer creating automatic

2. Can longer create system restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can longer create system restore point: As usual, when Windows perfoms an update it means something stops working. This time it is the ability to create a restore point. I get the error:There was an unexpecte error in the property page.System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again....
  3. Can longer create system restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can longer create system restore point: As usual, when Windows perfoms an update it means something stops working. This time it is the ability to create a restore point. I get the error:There was an unexpecte error in the property page.System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again....
  4. Can longer create system restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  6. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  7. Windows not creating restore points automatically

8. how to create automatic restore points in windows 10

how to create automatic restore points in windows 10: how do you create automatic restore points in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-automatic-restore-points-in-windows/ef11cf1f-c6c7-4d1f-86e0-95b231353072
  9. No Automatic Restore Points Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No Automatic Restore Points Created: I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points...
  10. Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10 How to Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if...