Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I am not a user of Windows 10 but my dad (who is not good with computers) now has a computer with Windows 10. I am trying to help him... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EricaD, Feb 16, 2016.

1. EricaD Win User

Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup

Good afternoon,
    I am not a user of Windows 10 but my dad (who is not good with computers) now has a computer with Windows 10. I am trying to help him with a problem that occurred this morning. Everything was fine with his computer yesterday but he says he turned it off last night but kept the powercord plugged in. This morning, when he went to turn it on, his computer no longer required at password at startup, his background picture of his dog was no longer there and it was replaced with a tree. Also, his desktop icons are no longer there. I have zero idea about how to help this situation and I have no idea what happened. Can someone please advise?
    Many many thanks,
    Erica

:)

EricaD, Feb 16, 2016
  2. Cranky77 Win User

not requiring a password on Start up or wake up on Windows 10.

On my updated windows 10 laptop I use to not require a password on startup and wake up it has changed and netplwiz no longer works. Can you help?

DESPERATE!!

Cranky77, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Passwords

Does Windows 10 require a password at startup like Windows 8.1? Windows 7 does not require one.

Scott_1921, Feb 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Erica, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since this has just recently happened, you may be able to do a system restore using a restore point dated before it happened to hopefully quickly undo and fix this.

System Restore Windows 10

Brink, Feb 16, 2016
  5. EricaD Win User
    Thanks for your help! It ended up being that my dad has two accounts on his computer and he was on the wrong account. *092

EricaD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup - Similar Threads - longer requires password

2. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  6. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  7. I want to require a startup password

8. After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup

After Windows update Windows 10 now requires password on startup: After the last Windows update my laptop is acting odd whenstarting up. On startup I receive a message that says "We are unable toconnect right now. Please check your network and try again later." When Ipress the OK button I am forced to log in with my Microsoft password. I...
  9. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup: My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be removed?...
  10. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer no longer require a password on startup