Windows 10: Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Latest Windows 10 update caused no signal to VGA monitor. How can this be remedied - I tried rolling back but this just reinstalled latest Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HAS2UC, Jul 15, 2018.

1. HAS2UC Win User

Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor

Latest Windows 10 update caused no signal to VGA monitor. How can this be remedied - I tried rolling back but this just reinstalled latest Windows 10 with same result.

:)

HAS2UC, Jul 15, 2018

2. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Jul 15, 2018
  3. windows not detecting VGA monitor

Hi, recently I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from windows 8.1 Pro in Dell Latitude 3540

it is not detecting VGA monitor. Pl help to connect VGA monitor / making ppt presentations

Thanks

karunanidhis, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor

Windows 10 won't install with VGA monitor

We purchased Windows 10 Home Full Version. Built a computer from scratch. Using a VGA monitor, with VGA to DVI adapter as Graphics card wants a DVI cable.

When we start computer with Windows 10 in USB slot, the monitor says:

VGA Input: No input Signal

How do we install Windows 10?

Tryin2Install, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor

1. Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor - Similar Threads - longer seeing VGA

2. VGA Monitor not outputting anything outside of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA Monitor not outputting anything outside of windows: So ive recently broken my laptops screen and thankfully it still works but the screen is just destroyed. Because of this i got a pretty old asus monitor that supports vga and i hooked it up to my laptop. It works just fine, but anything outside of windows it just doesnt work....
  3. VGA Monitor not outputting anything outside of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA Monitor not outputting anything outside of windows: So ive recently broken my laptops screen and thankfully it still works but the screen is just destroyed. Because of this i got a pretty old asus monitor that supports vga and i hooked it up to my laptop. It works just fine, but anything outside of windows it just doesnt work....
  4. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  5. No longer see monitor speakers as playback device option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No longer see monitor speakers as playback device option: Hi,Connected my laptop to an external monitor through HDMI cable. In the last couple of days, I noticed I can no longer see the monitor's speakers under playback option.Opened device manager but again, they are not there Conexant in image below are my laptop speakers. Nothing...
  6. VGA Monitor not getting signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VGA Monitor not getting signal: Hello, I'm strictly in need of 2 monitors setup. But there's one problem that stops me from it. I have an old VGA Asus 1400x900 monitor which I would like to use. When I plug it in to my windows 10 laptop, there's no signal going. I tried with an older laptop which is a...
  7. Inability to set monitor resolution above VGA on one of two Monitors in Windows 10

Inability to set monitor resolution above VGA on one of two Monitors in Windows 10: I am running a Win 10 Pro 64 bit PC with an I9-9900KF cpu, ASUS TUF Z390-Plus MB; 64GB RAM and a pair of ASUS VS229 monitors driven through a goFanco active DP-to-two-DP adaptor, from the DP port of a Radeon RX 560 video card. The primary #1 monitor is stuck in VGA...
  8. a vga monitor

a vga monitor: hi I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980. now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor. I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good....
  9. Windows 10 won't recognize VGA monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 won't recognize VGA monitor: I have connected my new HP / Windows 10 laptop up to my VGA monitor (which worked with my last laptop under Windows 7). The monitor is not recognized by anything under the Control Panel or Windows + P or display preferences or anything I try. Now I am connected via an...
  10. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor: Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive OS: Windows 10 Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no longer seeing second monitor