Windows 10: Windows 10 no signal to display or slow boot

Discus and support Windows 10 no signal to display or slow boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After installing windows 10, most of the time when I boot after the windows logo with circles below it the signal to display stops, if I press reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shakti, Dec 8, 2015.

1. shakti Win User

Windows 10 no signal to display or slow boot

After installing windows 10, most of the time when I boot after the windows logo with circles below it the signal to display stops, if I press reset then the computer boots but the startup is very slow. With windows 8 from pressing the power button I would get to desktop in 8 secs, here it takes at least 30 secs or more. I would like to know the if problem is with windows 10 or Nvidia drivers.
    P.s: I have Nvidia's 650 Ti boost card.

:)

shakti, Dec 8, 2015

2. Slow running anniversary win 10 up date

Hi

already had tried troubleshooting option

tried a clean boot as suggested BUT

same problem remains, task manager still runs slow and when using other options that open another window it appears as an outline for some time before showing the contents. as f slow to rest display checked all display settings and also checked all drivers
    up todate, went back to normal start up seems to boot quicker BUT still slow in other ops

All settings, programs and hardware are the same as before I loaded the anniversary update would go back if I could find a way to do it

this slowness is driving me mad as seems linked to mainly Win 10 operations task manager, system config etc.

derekksmith, Dec 8, 2015
  3. windows won't start in first attempt

When I start my window 10 on my Dell desktop, lately the signal on the monitor is not there or the window 10 does not boot up. After leaving it on for while without any signal, turning it off and on again, then it boots up. What could be the issue>

Shajee_786, Dec 8, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you have a Windows 10 version 10586 (the November upgrade and later), please be aware a number of users are reporting slow boot times, but not with the preceding build, 10240. There are other threads on this problem here.

This seems to be a difficult problem, and the the conclusion I've seen is to wait for a fix.

What can you do? Beyond that you can:
    - try a clean boot. What effect (if any) do you note?
    - use Autoruns (freeware) to additionally disable anything you don't want running
    - If you upgraded rather than doing a clean install, compare the boot time with a clean install, and a clean install of the 10240 build - to see if it's a problem with the build.
    (Note you can use disk imaging software to save (and restore) your existing configuration, or just swap the HDD)
    - Use the Event Viewer to inspect events with Event ID 100
    How to Use Event Viewer to Find Your PCs Boot Time

There are tools provided by MS to analyse boot performance, but these are technically advanced.

Others may hopefully have more ideas.

Please have a look at other threads - search for 'slow boot'.

dalchina, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no signal to display or slow boot - Similar Threads - signal display slow

2. No signal display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal display: My pc starts booting then after that, it displays no signal. It must show the welcome admin but it always went to no signal after booting. Take note the bios loading is on screen and after that it displays no signal. What to do? Thanks...
  3. No signal display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal display: My pc starts booting then after that, it displays no signal. It must show the welcome admin but it always went to no signal after booting. Take note the bios loading is on screen and after that it displays no signal. What to do? Thanks...
  4. No signal display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No displays signal after booting in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No displays signal after booting in windows: Hello! So today while gaming my screen when dark. No display signal at all.I thought the pc crashed or something but everything was working my game, my discord call and even the video playing in the background. After several reboot I tried to reinstall windows 4 times!!!!!!...
  6. No displays signal after booting in windows

No displays signal after booting in windows: Hello! So today while gaming my screen when dark. No display signal at all.I thought the pc crashed or something but everything was working my game, my discord call and even the video playing in the background. After several reboot I tried to reinstall windows 4 times!!!!!!...
  7. No signal from display on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal from display on boot: Hi, I know this has been asked thousands of times but I cannot find this specific issue.This is how it goes:1. I turn the computer on. No HDMI signal. I changed cables and tried different inputs, DVI, etc but no luck, still no signal. 2. Once the computer is on, I swap the...
  8. No signal from display on boot

No signal from display on boot: Hi, I know this has been asked thousands of times but I cannot find this specific issue.This is how it goes:1. I turn the computer on. No HDMI signal. I changed cables and tried different inputs, DVI, etc but no luck, still no signal. 2. Once the computer is on, I swap the...
  9. Pc boots, but sends no signal to keyboard, mouse or display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc boots, but sends no signal to keyboard, mouse or display.: So earlier the pc randomly had a bluescreen, and started it's own reboot/repair process. It got stuck at 100% for multiple minutes and we decided to forcibly turn it off. First time we tried to boot again afterwards, the pc restarted itself 3 times. After that it stays on,...
  10. No display signal in Windows at 144hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display signal in Windows at 144hz: So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a...