Windows 10: Windows 10 no video

Discus and support Windows 10 no video in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Friends hp pavillion desktop (p7-1380t) got a new install (store bought usb) of windows 10 a week ago. Has two monitors both show no video (not just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Boyd, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Boyd Win User

Windows 10 no video

Friends hp pavillion desktop (p7-1380t) got a new install (store bought usb) of windows 10 a week ago. Has two monitors both show no video (not just black, they scan their inputs find nothing and go to sleep). Tested one of the monitor/cable sets by pluggin into my laptop and it's fine. Powered off and put the win10 usb in, started pressing escape key and... no video output to monitor (no cursor just black and they go to sleep).
    Win10 has only been on there a week, no one in the house has done changes (they know better, mostly they're not home). I've been through the "windows Key +P, P, enter" and windows key +p, down arrow, down arrow, no result.
    I powered off again, put the installer usb in and... pressing escape to get to boot menu didn't work. Any ideas?

:)

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Windows 10 no video

For starters of you could please provide more information. That model (like many other models) has one model numbers but many options (i.e. it can have one of 9 different CPUs, one of 8 different GPUs, etc, here you can see for yourself HP Pavilion p7-1380t Product Specifications and Configurable Options | HP® Customer Support ) so knowing the exact graphics hardware would be helpful. Also you said you bought a win10 USB stick to upgrade, sp I assume it had 7 or 8 on it beforehand... does that installation load? 1 or both monitors work?

Carsomyr, Jun 23, 2016
  5. Boyd Win User
    Thanks for your reply Corsomyr, I don't know how to get the graphics card info without disassembling the machine, I plan to return in a week and take the HD out to copy so I'll see if I can get that from card/mb markings then. By "a new install" I mean a drive OS partition was wiped and windows 10 installed (not upgraded). But trying a different OS is a great idea, I'll take a centos live on usb... although I was unable to get to the boot/bios screen though and I think that loads from hardware before OS video drivers get in. I should have checked to see if the machine has unused onboard video other then the two DV connectors these monitors usually use.

6. Carsomyr Win User
    I would check and see if you can boot to an iGPU first (if the CPU has an iGPU). In some cases the Add in GPU will not kick a monitor on until after the OS/drivers are installed Windows 10 no video :p But check it out and report back *Biggrin

Carsomyr, Jun 23, 2016
  7. Boyd Win User
    Shoot, turns out the two DVI connectors in use are both internal. Having trouble getting my pic of the mb out of iPhoto library, but the board says REV OJ, PCLDV0JCY3S024 AS#670960-001 product of China on a white sticker near center. Both DVI connectors connect to motherboard connectors marked DVI-I and DVI-D, so... I think I'm stuck. I will try a different linux on a stick, but last time (with latest stable centos) I didn't get anything to show and since pressing escape or f12 to get the boot screen to appear didn't do that... I'm wondering if I've got a deeper hardware problem. That doesn't sound right to me, because it was working fine a week before this, and the machine goes to an APC UPS (which I assume does brownout and surge protection) and then into a surge protector on the wall. Any ideas are welcome.

Boyd, Jul 7, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

Windows 10 no video

bobkn, Jul 7, 2016
  9. Boyd Win User
    Thanks everyone for the help. the only 3 pair DIP connector on the mb was flipped 90 degrees from the diagram on that document (thank you for the link though, appreciated). it was labeled though "pass clear" on top and "CMOS clear" on bottom so i moved the jumper on what looked like the cmos row to me per the label and reassembled to no joy. It's a bit unnerving since the things only 5 years old and lives in a house in a modern suburban neighborhood with reasonable power (no rolling brownouts in Washington state yet, knock on mdf) connected to a litle APC that does surge, powerout and voltage protection... but, I guess I'm declaring it a hardware failure and will find something to drop his drives into so he can copy the data. Thanks, I'll mark it resolved here but if anyone has other ideas please ping me here

Boyd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 no video

1. Windows 10 no video - Similar Threads - video

2. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  3. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  4. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...: This is an intermittent issue that's bedeviled me for a few years, and after scouring the internet several times I haven't found any posts here or elsewhere describing the same issue. Briefly, what happens is that when I try to stream video through a particular app or...
  5. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...: This is an intermittent issue that's bedeviled me for a few years, and after scouring the internet several times I haven't found any posts here or elsewhere describing the same issue. Briefly, what happens is that when I try to stream video through a particular app or...
  6. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

7. Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error ": Once a Day My Laptop Crashes from this Error in a blue screen, Even after updating my drivers in the past the issue still remains. Could I please have some help with this...
  8. Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error "

Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error ": Once a Day My Laptop Crashes from this Error in a blue screen, Even after updating my drivers in the past the issue still remains. Could I please have some help with this...
  9. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  10. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...