Windows 10: Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have the awful situation where I have seemingly kippered a friends Lenovo G510 Laptop. Having overcome several problems - I was looking through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Skofab, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!!

Have the awful situation where I have seemingly kippered a friends Lenovo G510 Laptop. Having overcome several problems - I was looking through the device manager details, and (stupidly) checked the graphics driver details - to find an update was indeed available. This I did, but on a restart the laptop just went to a black-screen, and when I touched the mouse pad, a cursor appeared and everything just 'stopped'.

repeated start ups have not brought forward the usual options
    The 'F' keys do not allow me to get to safe or start up etc.
    Any help / suggestions would be very much appreciated. I am fairly computer literate, but this one is causing me grief.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    I hope I have posted this in the correct section.

:)

Skofab, Mar 15, 2017
  2. tevans001 Win User

6288 Non Starter!!!

Had my 6288 about week now and it has decided that it doesn’t want to play anymore. Just switches onto the Nokia logo about 3 seconds then switches itself off. Seems this might be a software glitch, no problem re the phone as new one been sent out to me
    (E65).However, the phone has about 240 of my contacts in the memory and yes I'm a naughty boy in not finding time to back them up before hand. Can anyone tell me are they lost for ever or is there some miracle thing I can do to the phone just top get it switched
    on to enable a download etc, thanks any help.

tevans001, Mar 15, 2017
  3. shon101 Win User
    6288 Non Starter!!!

im having the same problems..anyone know how to fix it?

shon101, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!!

Hi Skofab.

Once you start powering up and as soon as you see the circling dots, press and hold power switch. It should go down hard. Repeat, you need to do this at least twice. On the third power up it should take you to advance Startup options. Tutorial attached.

Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10

I saw you were doing this from post, likely a timing issue as to when you killed.

Another option if you a another windows 10 machine. Create a Recovery drive and boot from it. On working machine type Recovery Drive in search bar and follow process. It will likely ask for 8GB USB key. You can boot from this.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Skofab Win User
    Hit there Caledon Ken

many many thanks for your interest and suggestions - this I will try later today (Fingers crossed).

I do have one further query however - I can certainly produce a suitable disk from another computer, but if I cannot get into the machine to alter the boot priority, how can this work? Please excuse my limited knowledge if I am missing something obvious here.

Again many thanks - I will report back later in the day

Skofab, Mar 15, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    You might be able to spam the F2 key before Windows starts (I have a X201 not G510 but it is the same I think). If not according to here there may be a little recessed button next to the power button to get you into BIOS.

Otherwise as @Caledon Ken said if you crash the startup 2 or 3 times (by powering off before Windows fully loads) you should boot into recovery anyway.

You can then boot into safe mode (which will not load display driver) and revert your display driver to the previous one or just uninstall it through Device Manager.

Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode using Command Prompt

7. Skofab Win User
    Thanks to you both - the start/power down info enabled me to at least get into some menu's. What followed was intriguing - so I will try to keep things short.
    got my way to the 'safe mode' opportunity, this started but would not complete. Just in case, I waited for an hour but it did not complete on screen.
    Next, I did a rescue disk from my other win 10 64 bit Laptop.. When offered in the offending laptop - it would not actuate, or even begin to boot - complete refusal. No matter what I did, I had no joy.
    In the end, I very reluctantly elected to do a reset (choosing to retain private files)
    As expected, this took an absolute age - but I got there in the end.
    This laptop was really corrupted - which I can only guess did not help. OR I did not give each possible rectification option time to actuate/function.

I really do appreciate the advice received. I was really stumped at the start to find 'a way in' to start rectification process
    Many many thanks again to you both.

Skofab, Mar 15, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!!

Excellent.

I would look into a product like Macrium Reflect. Free and recommended. There is even a tutorial in the forum.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 15, 2017
  9. Skofab Win User
    Hi Caledon Ken

yes, I have macrium on all my own PC's / Laptops - excellent product that has saved my bacon on several occasions. I will insist that the owner adds this to his rejuvenated Laptop.
    Thanks again Ken

Skofab, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!!

1. Windows 10 Non Starter HELP!!!! - Similar Threads - Non Starter HELP

2. Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection: Dear CS,I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection order number 1191120380 on 14Jan2021and installed on a family member son account on the same PCLenovo Y50-70recently, I bought a new PC Acer Nitro 5 for my son and trying to install purchased Minecraft to his...
  3. Minecraft windows 10 starter collection.

Minecraft windows 10 starter collection.: I've bought Minecraft starter collection for windows 10 but I have not received the minecoins. I checked my purchases and it says that I had bought it. I looked for help in threads but they never worked....
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection

Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection: I'm trying to purchase the Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection by the windows store tells me that 'This product won't work on this device. I've performed all the typical troubleshooting things of checking that windows is properly updated, that the store is properly...
  5. MINECRAFT STARTER COLLECTION WINDOWS 10

MINECRAFT STARTER COLLECTION WINDOWS 10: Hi Everybody, Good Evening, I own MINECRAFT STARTER COLLECTION WINDOWS 10 have enjoyed playing on my pc.. now I wish to download this on my new pc.. request if somebody help me... Thanks and Best Regards....
  6. Mincraft windows 10 starter addition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mincraft windows 10 starter addition: Every time i go tobdowinload it it says install file to device and i prwss on it and on my pc and it says pending and just stops idk why and when i click in it it takes me to some version that lookies like the mobile one please help iv tried everything please help iv been...
  7. Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection: So I just bought the minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection for 31$. Install it and says I already own this game. I launch it and it takes me to the demo thing where Im just steve. I try to login with my microsoft account and it gives me a Failed To Login error. Go to the...
  8. Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection: Hello, I recently bought Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection on Microsoft Store, but I cannot log in. Specifically, I get the "Failed to login" message and I am informed that there is something wrong with my internet connection, which is not the case. In the...
  9. Edge A "Non-starter"

in Browsers and Email
    Edge A "Non-starter": Frustration is a mild word for what I'm dealing with! Upgraded from W7 but Edge cannot access the web or even search the web as Start Menu does not recognise that I'm actually connected. Error code 0x80072EFD when trying to access the store as well. Most of the Metro apps...
  10. Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10: Hi guys, I was just wondering if Windows 7 Starter will upgrade to Windows 10 of any sort. I've read posts about this and it says that it will. I've been waiting and have gotten most of the updates already. However, the Windows icon has not appeared in my notifications...