Windows 10: Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver

Discus and support Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a driver slowly leaking in the NonPaged Pool in my RAM. I have had this problem back in October, and "refreshed" my windows install to fix it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WaitWhat4355, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver

I have a driver slowly leaking in the NonPaged Pool in my RAM. I have had this problem back in October, and "refreshed" my windows install to fix it, but now it has returned, and is the same drivers.

Restarting my computer fixes momentarily, but it slowly builds up over a couple of days. I installed the stuff for PoolMon to find what the pooltag(s) were, and it showed 2 tags with the highest amount of bytes, both standing noticeably above the rest.

Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver [​IMG]

After finding out what the tags were, I proceeded into Command Prompt, doing the commands "cd /d %SystemRoot%\System32\Driver" and "findstr /m /l" to find the offending drivers. The tag "FMic" results in "fltMgr.sys" and "Irp" resulted in a ton an absurd amount, so I did "hIrp" which results in 7 drivers.

Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver [​IMG]

At this point, the issue I had 8 months ago, and the issue i have now, are basically the exact same. I still cannot figure out which driver is the offending file. Does anyone know what steps I should take at this point? If you have any questions, or need info I have not included, please ask. I wish to not have to "refresh" my windows install to fix the issue again. Thank you in advance.

:)

WaitWhat4355, Jun 14, 2017

2. High RAM Usage Windows 10

Of concern is the nonpaged pool. It should be at a couple hundred MB. There is a memory leak caused by a driver or something. A possible cause is the Killer Network, see this

forum page.

Scroll right to the end. Basically, uninstall the Killer Suite.If it's not that then some further troubleshooting will be necessary.

Windows 10 is designed to take advantage of RAM and doesn't use the minimum. It makes things run way fast.

The Creators Update coming in about a month will have a setting for gaming mode!

laudablepus, Jun 14, 2017
  3. krzemien Win User
    Winsdows 10 - BSOD

EDIT: I forgot to add that there are also numerous Hardware Errors (LiveKernelEvents) happening as well - as reported in / by Reliability application.

The latest one occurred an one hour ago - and it was exactly when I was logging out from one account and getting back to another one. There's been unexpected 5 seconds of black screen after password was entered and matching event registered appeared in EventLog
    at the same time.

When I checked the DMP file (under \Windows\LiveKernelReports\win32k.sys\win32k.sys-20170212-2004.dmp) with Windows Debugging Tools I have found this:

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis *

*******************************************************************************

SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT (ab)

Caused by a session driver not freeing its pool allocations prior to a

session unload. This indicates a bug in win32k.sys, atmfd.dll,

rdpdd.dll or a video driver.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000002, session ID

Arg2: 0000000000000390, number of paged pool bytes that are leaking

Arg3: 00000000000003a0, number of nonpaged pool bytes that are leaking

Arg4: 0000000600000005, total number of paged and nonpaged allocations that are leaking.

nonpaged allocations are in the upper half of this word,

paged allocations are in the lower half of this word.

Might be a red-herring, but... Thoughts?

Needless to say I have never experienced anything like that in 3.5 years on my SONY VAIO laptop with Windows 8.1 onboard, two odd BSODs I've witnessed were the result of me crossing the line and were entirely my fault...

krzemien, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver

1. Windows 10, NonPaged Pool RAM, Leaking Driver - Similar Threads - NonPaged Pool RAM

2. Windows 11 Potential Nonpaged Pool Memory Leak - Proc Tag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Potential Nonpaged Pool Memory Leak - Proc Tag: Hello,I think I have a very slow nonpaged-pool memory leak on Windows 11. I noticed this issue after multiple reboots, and Windows kept reporting more and more memory usage, especially in the unpaged pool category. This pool would stay consistent on boot to boot, until I...
  3. Windows 11 Potential Nonpaged Pool Memory Leak - Proc Tag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Potential Nonpaged Pool Memory Leak - Proc Tag: Hello,I think I have a very slow nonpaged-pool memory leak on Windows 11. I noticed this issue after multiple reboots, and Windows kept reporting more and more memory usage, especially in the unpaged pool category. This pool would stay consistent on boot to boot, until I...
  4. EtwD pool leaking somehow, connected to Discord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EtwD pool leaking somehow, connected to Discord?: Hi! I'm using Windows 10 Home, and am experiencing a memory leak or fault involving the paged pool. I've looked at a lot of comparable problems, and it seems to be none of them- drivers should be all up to date, and the main leak issue isn't pointing to any of them anyways....
  5. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  6. Huge memory leak in non paged pool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge memory leak in non paged pool: Hi, I have a memory leak in my system, specifically in the non paged pool. In one or two days of usage after a restart, it fills up all of the RAM available. Some online searches landed me on this blog:...
  7. Windows 10 Non-Page pool memory leak

Windows 10 Non-Page pool memory leak: [ATTACH] Hey all, I've been struggling for a couple days to find the source of this nonpaged pool memory leak on my Win10 Machine. Here's some screenshots: Task Manager 1 Task Manager 2 RAMMAP POOLMON (Sorted for Non-paged and by Byte count) Things I have tried so...
  8. Non paged pool memory leak

Non paged pool memory leak: Hi all, I am having a non paged pool memory leak. As far as i'm aware all drivers are up to date. https://imgur.com/Vo3QeUe https://imgur.com/a/IdzFZE5 Would really appreciate any support to getting this resolved, a reboot temporarily fixes it, but after a few hours it...
  9. Driver RAM Leak

Driver RAM Leak: Hello! I've been having some issues with RAM for a while, it being that my RAM has been eaten up by the non-paged pool, reaching up to 1.2GB at times (I have only 8GB) and it gets in the way. I already know it's a driver leak, or so I've been told, so I'd like to see if...
  10. Non-paged pool leak Windows 10 - PRPT - PLEASE HELP! :(

Non-paged pool leak Windows 10 - PRPT - PLEASE HELP! :(: Hi everyone, Thank you for your time! I have a problem with leaking RAM, I was following guide on how to prevent that/ find the cause (http://woshub.com/huge-memory-usage-non-paged-pool-windows/) but I have a problem locating whatever is causing this on my PC. I have...