Windows 10: Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

Discus and support Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jhona107, Apr 3, 2017.

1. jhona107 Win User

Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web browser-choose default, I can click on google chrome till the cows come home and no sale. Very frustrated, have never like Edge. What is my next move? Even Apps by protocol has google chrome listed but it still won't respond.

:)

jhona107, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Johnstu2 Win User

I want to make Internet Explorer my default browser

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and now find the google chrome is the default browser, I have tried changing the default browser in internet options programs but it is greyed out and the only choices elsewhere are google chrome and Microsoft edge.
    I use Norton software which does not currently support edge, My preferred browser is Internet explorer 11 but when I get links it wont allow that as a choice even though it loaded.

I have tried deleting google chrome but didn't help, any help would be appreciated

Johnstu2, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Browser

Hi to all

I have got windows 10 Home E with my browser Microsoft Edge 13.

Now I want to change the browser to Google Chrome.

So I downloaded Google Chrome and al went okay.

Went to change it from ME13 to GC thru system

Click default apps

Top email changed to Google Chrome

Went to web browser clicked it saw Google Chrome and clicked it.

But nothing happened even if I click on the other browser.

I am still using Microsoft Edge 13

Opened Google Chrome and popped up on top if I want to half it as my default browser, but again nothing.

I'm sure I doing some thing wrong some were.

Am I meant to uninstall Microsoft Edge 13 from computer.

MICHAEL DOWN UNDER, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.

markweatherill, Apr 3, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    Haven't had the need, but this worked before.

Open Control Panel, type default programs in search box (upper rt corner), click Set Default Programs.

Scroll down and you will see Edge listed. Click to change.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

1. Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome - Similar Threads - allowing change default

2. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser: windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as they require Chrome....
  3. unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10: unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10, therefore cannot uninstall google chrome browser, keeps saying programs are running in background. unable to find any thing open. this just happened today....
  4. Changing default browser in Windows 10

Changing default browser in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 and habitually use MS Edge as my browser despite the poor favourites management. When I follow a link in an email from MS Outlook, it opens in MS Internet Explorer, so I assume that Edge is not my default browser. This has only recently started happening, so...
  5. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome: I am trying to set google chrome as my default browser but it wont show it as an option [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-not-letting-me-change-default-browser-to/f73597d8-eca6-4b79-b37d-7ffd47a7518b
  6. Gmail default on Google browser

Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  7. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message: Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I receive message "Google Chrome is not your default browser" every time I open Google Chrome. I select "Don't show this message again", but still get the message Same situation when I start Chrome in Incognito mode How can I...
  10. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...