Windows 10: Windows 10 not backing up every hour

Discus and support Windows 10 not backing up every hour in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is starting to show signs of wear so I decided to check my external hard drive to see when I had backed up last. The last backup was Oct.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MB_AZ, Jul 19, 2018.

1. MB_AZ Win User

Windows 10 not backing up every hour

My computer is starting to show signs of wear so I decided to check my external hard drive to see when I had backed up last. The last backup was Oct. 2017, I promptly went to settings and backup and did a manual full backup which is executed just fine. I than set it to backup every hour, however that is not happening. So somehow or other the automatic backup in Windows 10 is not working. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

MB_AZ, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not backing up every hour - Similar Threads - backing every hour

2. What's waking up Windows 11 every hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's waking up Windows 11 every hour: Hi,Desktop with Windows 11.Power Options is set to Balanced with the following change. It's set to enter sleep mode after 15 min and hibernation after 60 min. And this works fine.Then I make the following change to be able to wake it up for some scheduled task.Control Panel...
  3. What's waking up Windows 11 every hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's waking up Windows 11 every hour: Hi,Desktop with Windows 11.Power Options is set to Balanced with the following change. It's set to enter sleep mode after 15 min and hibernation after 60 min. And this works fine.Then I make the following change to be able to wake it up for some scheduled task.Control Panel...
  4. C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd. keeps popping up every hour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd. keeps popping up every hour: Recently as of Saturday of April 30th, I keep getting a random pop up of a terminal I never use. At first it showed code with some 200 error code, but now it just is a blank black screen. I've tried to scanning the computer for viruses but each time the search comes up clean....
  5. WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!: Hello; when I do my weekly WIN 10 desktop back-up, it's taking 3 hours or more now. I use Control Panel, System & Security, Back Up & Restore. I upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 years ago, but it still says Back Up & Restore Windows 7. I'm using a 3.0 32GB Sandisk, and my back up...
  6. Windows 10 trys to update every hour but there is no update

Windows 10 trys to update every hour but there is no update: Windows 10 trys to update every hour but there is no update. If I click "restart now" the prompt goes away for 3 seconds then pops back up. If I click "wait an hour" it comes back up in an hour. Restarting manually when it send me the prompt does nothing, Turning the system...
  7. Windows Backup every hour

Windows Backup every hour: II have windows backup set to run every hour. Will it actually do this even if there is just one new file or does it ever skip an hour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-backup-every-hour/b1fc66da-d098-45e7-a79f-36b92cf6a4ad
  8. My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-: Have been using windows back up - Windows 10 for sometime. Recently bought a larger 3TB drive and started a new back up. Up until recently - the weekly incremental back ups were completed in 10 minutes - although last weeks took quite a bit longer - several hours. Today - It...
  9. BSOD every hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every hour: Would like to find out why I am blue screening . Thanks. 72866
  10. Sleeping secondary hdd spinning up every 2 hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleeping secondary hdd spinning up every 2 hours: How to stop windows10 from spinning up my secondary hdd every 2 hours? In event log i see "Event 15, SecurityCenter" "Updated Windows Defender status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON." every ~2 hours, and that spins up hdd. i added that drive to exclusions in...