Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TONPumper, Aug 23, 2015.

1. TONPumper Win User

Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install

I recently purchased G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL for my computer. I ran a memory test with memtest86+ and my old memory had 175 errors, which is not good. So I purchased the new ram, but when I installed it in my computer, the system turns on but Windows 10 will not boot.

Does this mean that the RAM is bad? I know that it's compatible because I narrowed my search down on NewEgg to RAM that was compatible with my motherboard. The one thing that I did notice is that my motherboard's manual says that it's compatible with 2 sticks of DRAM and the RAM that I purchased is SDRAM.

:)

TONPumper, Aug 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 Boot Issue Weird Errors Blue Screen

Thanks for the suggestions.

Safe mode and memory tests are good with old 2GB RAM. I can't manage to run these with new 8GB RAM because the system does not boot up.

"hardware compatibility issue between Windows 10 and the new RAM chips.
    I suggest you to avoid the new 8GB RAM as Windows 10 is unable to support and throwing error."

What does this mean in terms of next try?

- Should I try with 4GB RAM (may be 4GB x 2 to make it 8GB)?

The system does not boot up even to do a fresh installation of Windows 10. After Loading Files it just shuts down.

- Should I try installing Windows XP first (system boots here) and then try Windows 10 installation? Will that work?

I believed Windows 10 is capable of making optimum use of RAM up to 24GB.

This is so frustrating.

Arti Agarwal, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Boot Issue Weird Errors Blue Screen

I bought Window 10 Home license last week, and successfully installed it on my laptop: Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN.

I then replaced 2GB RAM with a new 8GB RAM and Windows is not able to boot now. It either stucks in Win10 logo screen or fails with a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. When trying with the old RAM it boots up good again.

I thought its RAM compatibility issue but to my surprise the problem persisted with three different new RAM chips.

I then tried booting my laptop using a LINUX boot CD with the new 8GB RAM chip. I also tried setting up installation with the old Windows XP Install CD. The system booted up without any problems in these cases. This confirmed that it was not RAM compatibility
    issue and its a Windows 10 issue.

After searching for answers I tried Safe Mode Start Up, Clean boot options but the boot continues to hang at the same point with Windows 10.

Does any one from Microsoft have a proper answer? I have been pushed here and there by support people, try this that but no resolution yet.

Arti Agarwal, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Have you made sure the RAM is seated correctly? Is the system POSTing properly?

Boozad, Aug 23, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    Can you get into the BIOS settings?

If so, what are the memory settings? Some motherboards default to DDR3 1600. You bought DDR3 2133, which should also run OK at 1600. (The factor of 2 is for the Double Data Rate equivalent data rate.)

If your BIOS supports an XMP (extended memory profile), you might try one for your RAM to get it to run at its specified data rate.

You might also see what memtest86+ tells you. They only version I've ever run of that was one that ran from a bootable CD. That would require you to boot into Windows.

I've always had good luck with Gskill RAM. I hope that you do as well, once you have things sorted.

bobkn, Aug 23, 2015
  6. TONPumper Win User
    What do you mean "POSTing properly"?
    I'll check my BIOS settings and run memtest86+. If the memory is completely fried, would memtest86+ be able to detect the RAM?

TONPumper, Aug 23, 2015
  7. owensdj Win User
    POST=Power On Self Test. It's the text you see on the screen just after the computer turns on and before the system tries to load the operating system.

owensdj, Aug 24, 2015
  8. TONPumper Win User

Actually, I didn't notice that screen with the new ram in the system.

TONPumper, Aug 24, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    Try reseating your ram.

Winuser, Aug 24, 2015
  10. TONPumper Win User
    Well, I did the following:
    -Reset the cmos
    -Tried only using one stick
    -Changing the rams position

Is there a certain order that I should do everything? Should I try installing the new ram again now that my bios settings are back to default or would it matter?

TONPumper, Aug 24, 2015
  11. TONPumper Win User
    I just purchased more G.Skill RAM from Newegg and it also did not work. Does anyone have any advice on the RAM that I should be purchasing?

TONPumper, Sep 1, 2015
  12. bro67 Win User
    Sounds like you may have got the incorrect RAM. Check on Crucial.com to see what is the proper RAM that you need for your Motherboard. This is what Crucial is stating that your Motherboard uses. Computer memory and SSD upgrades for MSI (Micro Star) MSI (Micro Star) Motherboards G41M-P26 from Crucial

our MSI (Micro Star) G41M-P26

system specs as shipped

Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install [​IMG]
    memory

• Maximum memory: 8192MB
    • Slots:2 (2 banks of 1)
    *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.35V 512Meg x 64

CT3576129

• DDR3 PC3-12800 • 9-9-9-24 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 512Meg x 64 • Low Profile •
    • upgrade for MSI (Micro Star) G41M-P26 system.

storage

• Storage: SATA 2 - 3Gb/s

what does this mean?

Chipset

• Chipset: Intel G41

what does this mean?

video card

• Graphics card: PCI Express x16
    • External connector: 15-hole connector

bro67, Sep 1, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Did you check the website of the Motherboard MFG to find the memory that would work with it?? That's what I would do when in doubt.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 1, 2015
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

does your computer boot for example a LINUX distro or anything from a USB device. If you can get anything to boot then it's a Windows problem --if nothing boots then it's a RAM compatibility problem.

All RAM isn't equal. !!!

Can you also get into the BIOS to see what the computer THINKS what hardware is installed.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 1, 2015
  15. TONPumper Win User
    Yes, that's what got me in this mess *Wink

I checked the website and the only thing that I noticed was that my motherboard could handle 8GB of RAM and it had to be 800/1066/1333. I limited my search using these results and purchased what Newegg listed as compatible.

TONPumper, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install - Similar Threads - Booting RAM Install

2. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  3. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  4. How to activate windows 10 after installing a new ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 after installing a new ram: I would like to be helped on how can I activate my windows 10 pc after installing another RAM. I have installed a 4bgb RAM in my Lenovo V15-ADA AMD Ryzen 3 model 82C7 but after I installed the RAM I have been getting a looping "Blue Screen Error". From the instructions I was...
  5. How to activate windows 10 after installing a new ram

How to activate windows 10 after installing a new ram: I would like to be helped on how can I activate my windows 10 pc after installing another RAM. I have installed a 4bgb RAM in my Lenovo V15-ADA AMD Ryzen 3 model 82C7 but after I installed the RAM I have been getting a looping "Blue Screen Error". From the instructions I was...
  6. How to activate windows 10 after installing a new ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM: Hi,I have been running this PC on 2x8gb 2666 MHz and installed 2x8gb 3200MHz yesterday evening.Ever since I have been running into occasional BSODs with the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error and Ntfs.sys listed as the failure.Any idea on how I can remedy this issue while...
  8. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM: Hi,I have been running this PC on 2x8gb 2666 MHz and installed 2x8gb 3200MHz yesterday evening.Ever since I have been running into occasional BSODs with the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error and Ntfs.sys listed as the failure.Any idea on how I can remedy this issue while...
  9. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after new ram install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot after new ram install: Hi, I just bought some new ram for my duel boot windows 10/Ubuntu machine, and after installing the new memory, Windows 10 keeps crashing during initial boot, Giving me multiple error messages that change every time that I try to boot. It also crashes when it tries to enter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. g41m-p26 ssd boot windows

2. windows not booting when installed ssd ram