Windows 10: Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro. Intel Bluetooth on Lenovo ideapad Y500. The keyboard was originally connected without issues. Nephew changed batteries and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alceryes, Dec 16, 2017.

1. alceryes Win User

Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Windows 10 Pro.
    Intel Bluetooth on Lenovo ideapad Y500.

The keyboard was originally connected without issues. Nephew changed batteries and tried to go through re-connection (even though he didn't need to). Now every time we go to connect it finds the keyboard but asks to enter the pin. He originally told me that it did give him a pin (6 digit?) but he ignored it.
    No bluetooth keyboard is present in the list of devices. Bluetooth mouse works fine. We have tried 0000, 1234 and 123456. I think it's still looking for the code it originally gave. Uninstalled bluetooth from device manager, rebooted and let it reinstall. Still asks for pin without giving a new one. I need to find a way to reset it so it gives another PIN.

Trying to diagnose over phone and slooooooow join me session. World is ending because nephew can't play games. *Wink
    Help

:)

alceryes, Dec 16, 2017
  2. caresrg Win User

having trouble connecting Bluetooth keyboard

Running Windows 10 mobile 1703 on my Lumia 950. It won't connect to my Bluetooth keyboard. With my other PCs they give me a PIN to type on the keyboard to pair. On my Lumia, the PHONE asks me for a PIN, which a keyboard obviously cannot display. What should
    I try?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

caresrg, Dec 16, 2017
  3. LazorJoe Win User
    New Keyboard

I connect a Microsoft curved keyboard to my new Dell, Windows 10 - but the computer does not recognize the log-in PIN. When I open the computer with the keyboard that came with it from Dell, my Microsoft keyboards works once the computer is opened.

LazorJoe, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

The "PIN" is not so much a PIN, but rather a pairing code to ensure that you are pairing the correct keyboard to the device. What is the make and model number of the keyboard?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

1. Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard - Similar Threads - giving PIN connect

2. Bluetooth not giving pin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not giving pin: I can't connect my bluetooth keyboard to my desktop which is running windows 10 pro. It connects fine to my windows 10 education laptop and my iphone. Both of these generate a pin I have to enter on the keyboard to connect. However my desktop is not giving me this pin which...
  3. PIN for Dell BT keyboard

PIN for Dell BT keyboard: How do I get a PIN to connect my wireless Dell BT keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-for-dell-bt-keyboard/693040a8-1595-4b15-bd65-74fe297265da
  4. Bluetooth Keyboard PIN

Bluetooth Keyboard PIN: Its takes forever to connect on. It has no option for me to put a passcode which i saw on many videos. Any ideas why this keep occuring to me? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-keyboard-pin/0b7db48d-4c05-46df-bb8f-5762e567553b
  5. Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can run into a problem while connecting or pairing your Bluetooth keyboard with your Windows 10 computer. Often, this happens when you have disabled the Bluetooth option. If not, you can still get it along with an error message [...] This post Can’t pair...
  6. Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard

Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard: Windows 10, current and updated, Microsoft keyboard Elite for Bluetooth model1002. Worked just fine until a couple of weeks ago when I had to replace batteries. When attempting to reconnect, Windows asks for a PIN to connect the keyboard. Used to generate a PIN for me to...
  7. Surface Pro Bluetooth Keyboard PIN

Surface Pro Bluetooth Keyboard PIN: I am attempting to connect my new Surface Pro to a bluetooth keyboard (internal bluetooth, no USB dongle). Due to interruptions in the office, my passcode timed out on me before I could enter it. Now, I am trying to connect, the bluetooth dialog asks for a passcode, but I...
  8. Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again."

Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again.": The problem is that when I go to Windows Settings and select Add Bluetooth or other device and put the keyboard into pairing mode, it shows up in the Add a device dialog, but when I click it, it says "Connecting..." for a long time and then says "Check the PIN and try...
  9. Pin Number for bluetooth keyboard

Pin Number for bluetooth keyboard: Where do I find pin number to add Bluetooth device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pin-number-for-bluetooth-keyboard/64b58356-2a01-46eb-b363-644ead9f5687
  10. Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10

Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10: Hi, I have a dual boot pc running macOS and Win 10. The Magic Mouse connects readily and easily but keyboard will not. Have tried switching kb on and off but still does not connect unless I use the lead which defeats the purpose of having Bluetooth devices! Anyone any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell bt keyboard pin

2. dell bt keyboard default pin

3. dell bt keyboard not pairing windows 10

4. pin for dell bt keyboard,
  5. dell bluetooth not giving a connection code,
  6. dell bt keyboard passcode,
  7. connecting blue tooth keyboard with no pin,
  8. bluetooth pin number for a dell BT keyboard,
  9. bluetooth won`t give pin,
  10. dell bt keyboard pin windows 10 1903,
  11. pin for dell bluetooth keyboard,