Windows 10: Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound

Discus and support Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound only 2.1 orange and black port on my sound card not working just the green one 15153 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hubert, Aug 10, 2015.

1. hubert Win User

Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound

Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound only 2.1 orange and black port on my sound card not working just the green one

:)

hubert, Aug 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 5.1 surround sound not working

Same problem here. I do know that the running the 5.1 test will always work because it's playing back a sound file that is already 5.1 encoded. Running any program that will pass its sound to your hardware for 5.1 encoding gets processed as stereo.

I'm using a SoundBlaster X-Fi 5.1 Pro and everything worked fine in Windows 7. After upgrading to 10 I no longer get 5.1 sound from anything; all stereo. Creative updated their drivers but still no 5.1 so I'm guessing at this point Windows 10 is to blame.

atomicnitro, Aug 10, 2015
  3. 5.1 surround output through optical jack audio using windows 10

I used to play 5.1 surround sound through the optical jack output on my surround system when using windows 8.1 but after upgrading to windows 10 it only allows me to play as stereo output.

The sound playback panel doesn't allow me to configure it to 5.1 surround and only shows stereo output settings.

I upgraded to the latest realtek drivers but it's not working.

Roberto_Piccirilli, Aug 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

And which one of the hundreds of sound cards with green, orange and black ports might you have?

I fixed my 5.1 surround sound by manually installing the audio driver from the manufacturer.

In device manager from the old control panel I'll bet you have an audio controller that says something like "High Definition Audio device." Probably going to need to change that driver to a manufacturer specific one.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  5. hubert Win User
    its a Genius SM-Live vslue 5.1

hubert, Aug 10, 2015
  6. hubert Win User
    in control panel i have C-Media PCI Audio

hubert, Aug 10, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is the Genius SM-Live card an add on in addition to onboard audio on the motherboard?

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Also, when you open control panel->Hardware and Sound->Sound, speakers and headphones is probably the default device and it shows speakers and headphones associated with C-Media PCI Audio? Right click on speakers and headphones and click on configure speakers. Do you have 5.1 option there that needs to be enabled?

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  9. hubert Win User
    Its enable and when i do the test its all working but when playing music its not working

hubert, Aug 10, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    From Google, looks like the card is getting misidentified. I'm downloading very slowly the Genius driver package to look at it. It's here:
    Genius

I assume the bottom one for Windows 8 is what we are going to need.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  11. hubert Win User
    yes its that one that i have install

hubert, Aug 10, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Shouldn't music only be stereo anyway? What are you using to play the music with?

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  13. hubert Win User

windows media player but its was working fine only this morning

hubert, Aug 10, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    So, download the driver and extract the zip file, which you probably have already done. In Device Manager, right click on the C-Media sound card, update driver software, browse my computer for software driver, make sure Include Subfolders is checked, point it to the folder where you extracted the downloaded driver to, click next and see what happens.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  15. hubert Win User
    i found the disc that came with the sound card and i uninstall the driver and install the older one and its working fine now thanks for you time

hubert, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound - Similar Threads - playing sound

2. When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...: When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-any-video-game-in-windows-my-pc-is/0f035422-1843-415c-b6e5-f998ff551a41
  3. When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...: When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-any-video-game-in-windows-my-pc-is/0f035422-1843-415c-b6e5-f998ff551a41
  4. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  5. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  6. My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro recently stopped playing all sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro recently stopped playing all sounds.: So, as the title says, my laptop has stopped playing all sounds. The speakers at first stopped, but now not even headphones have sound. I checked the device manager and all of my sound drivers and devices are missing now. Can somebody please help me?...
  7. My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro recently stopped playing all sounds.

My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro recently stopped playing all sounds.: So, as the title says, my laptop has stopped playing all sounds. The speakers at first stopped, but now not even headphones have sound. I checked the device manager and all of my sound drivers and devices are missing now. Can somebody please help me?...
  8. My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro recently stopped playing all sounds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  10. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sound custimebation headphones

2. USB SOUNDCARD NOT PLAYING BACK IN 5.1

3. winddows wont play 5.1 surround through headphone jack

4. unable to play 5.1 surround sound windows 10,
  5. sound not playing in 5.1,
  6. windows 10 not playing surround sound