Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here's the Laptop I'm using, brand new: HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 1TB Hard Drive I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blenz, Apr 18, 2016.

1. blenz Win User

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

Here's the Laptop I'm using, brand new:
    HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 1TB Hard Drive

I'm using a 2nd monitor that's worked since I've got them both a month ago brand new. I'm using HDMI to HDMI for input and after auto-updates, now nothing I can do will get it to recognize my 2nd monitor, which is this one:
    Acer - 27" LED HD

Everything worked perfectly, now it's like I don't even have a 2nd monitor. Drivers are updated, I tried restarting. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Here's what it says:

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

blenz, Apr 18, 2016
  2. KK2379 Win User

Windows 10 will not recognize 2nd Monitor after upgrade.

After upgrading to Windows 10, my 2nd monitor is no longer recognized.

Monitor is Acer and laptop is Asus. Monitor is connected to docking station as VGA port will not connect directly to laptop.

Have tried updating drivers and device manager will not detect my monitor either.

What's the fix?

KK2379, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Viewsonic VA712b monitor.

No errors, monitor wasn't detected, no manufacturer updates. Before Windows 10 upgrade both monitors worked fine. After upgrade to Windows 10, too many programs and equipment no longer worked. Rolled back to Windows 8.1 reluctantly. Everything else
    but my 2nd monitor is now working. What happened that my monitor is not recognized?

Rod Andrew, Apr 18, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

Try upgrading your laptop's graphics drivers or update the driver

gijoetech1, Apr 18, 2016
  5. blenz Win User
    Hey thanks. Already did that too *Smile

blenz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

1. Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates - Similar Threads - Recognizing 2nd Monitor

2. Failure to recognize 2nd monitor after KB5026372 installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to recognize 2nd monitor after KB5026372 installed: Windows 11 // ASUS Vivobook S15I've ruled out monitor or cable problems. I've restarted everything. I've rolled back the update... which reinstalled after a blue screen. I've used automatic checking for the relevant drivers.Other than the subject update, nothing else changed...
  3. Failure to recognize 2nd monitor after KB5026372 installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to recognize 2nd monitor after KB5026372 installed: Windows 11 // ASUS Vivobook S15I've ruled out monitor or cable problems. I've restarted everything. I've rolled back the update... which reinstalled after a blue screen. I've used automatic checking for the relevant drivers.Other than the subject update, nothing else changed...
  4. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  5. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  6. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10

2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10: Recently I shut down my computer and moved it to another room. When I reconnected both monitors and restarted the system, only one monitor is recognized. I've updated the display drivers, rolled back the display drivers, restarted the system, unplugged the monitors and...
  8. 2nd monitor not detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd monitor not detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  9. Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update

Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update: I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Just completed the latest update (1803) and now it will not detect the 2nd monitor. I have tried rebooting, running the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - nothing. I have tried connecting the 2nd monitor direct...
  10. Doesn't recognize 2nd monitor after Win Home 10 update to Vs. 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Doesn't recognize 2nd monitor after Win Home 10 update to Vs. 1607: After suffering through an update process that took a total of about 18 hours to download and then install the Anniversary Issue of Windows 10 I've had a series of problems: DAY 1 Firstly, the system seemed to be stuck in an infinite loop of trying to install. I waited...