Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Suddenly today Windows 10 doesn't recognize my CD drive. Help anybody? 49821 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by heinbt1, May 9, 2016.

1. heinbt1 Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive

Suddenly today Windows 10 doesn't recognize my CD drive. Help anybody?

:)

heinbt1, May 9, 2016

2. how do I change the default CD burning device in Windows 10

My pre-installed CD drive no longer burns CD-Rs that work, so I bought an external CD drive, but my software (Cyberlink Power2Go) won't recognize the new drive and will only burns CDs in the pre-installed drive. My PC uses Windows 10. How do I change the
    default CD burning device in Windows 10 so that Power2Go will recognize the blank CD-R I put in the new external CD drive instead of defaulting to the old one? Thanks!

DarrenMacDonald55, May 9, 2016
  3. Missing Drive

I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a DVD-RW drive and a CD-RW drive. Windows 7 recognized both, and the BIOS setup shows both devices. Yet, File Explorer will not show the CD-RW drive. I checked the Disk Management utility, but
    the drive doesn't show up there, either.

How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my CD-RW drive?

KennethBush, May 9, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Is the drive seen in the BIOS ?

More details please. Including what steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue.

RWOne, May 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive - Similar Threads - recognizing drive

2. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  3. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  4. How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive: Hello, I have an issue with my Acer laptop detecting my hard drive. Everything seemed normal up until the external hard drive slipped and fell then started showing in device manager as USB device instead of Generic Power Saving USB Device under disk drive that it normally...
  5. How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive

How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive: Hello, I have an issue with my Acer laptop detecting my hard drive. Everything seemed normal up until the external hard drive slipped and fell then started showing in device manager as USB device instead of Generic Power Saving USB Device under disk drive that it normally...
  6. Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?: Hello, i have had an issue with my pc since early January and it started with my pc blue screening out of no where while i was playing video games, then i restarted my pc and tried playing again and it did the same thing, after that i texted my dad who’s very good with...
  7. Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?: Hello, i have had an issue with my pc since early January and it started with my pc blue screening out of no where while i was playing video games, then i restarted my pc and tried playing again and it did the same thing, after that i texted my dad who’s very good with...
  8. Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?

9. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  10. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....