Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by estuberto, Aug 20, 2018.

1. estuberto Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format?

What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts [​IMG]

:)

estuberto, Aug 20, 2018
  2. estuberto Win User

I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format?

What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?
    Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts a7cc65ec-6ff9-4f60-be25-3a64af603db2?upload=true.png

estuberto, Sep 13, 2018
  3. MalathyK Win User
    Unable to delete/uninstall a otf

Hi,

I'm trying to install the following fonts in windows10.

Helvetica Light

Helvetica Neue

Helvetica Neue Light

Helvetica Neue Medium

Helvetica Neue Thin

Helvetica Neue Ultra Thin

I installed otf files initially, but all installed fonts were automatically embedded in a single package named Helvetica Neue. Hence, I could find only Helvetica Neue from font list in any editor. Other installed fonts did not show up in the list. But
    those fonts were available in Fonts panel (in control panel) inside a folder named Helvetica Neue. So, I tried to delete that folder and reinstall ttf files of same list. I attempted to delete the package but still it shows up in Fonts panel. Look at the
    screenshot. Because of this file existence, I'm unable to install new ttf files of same font family. Can you help me successfully install these files?

Thank you,

Malathy K.

Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts d8e4886d-dbf6-49ea-bf4f-2428ca6e237d.png

MalathyK, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Addy187a Win User

Windows 10 automatically applied Helvetica font to programs

Thanks for your reply, as I said, I've tried all the steps to revert it including the obvious Chrome font settings. But why would both browsers be affected if it wasn't Windows? It was DEFINITELY Windows 10, after a restart, I was able to exit all programs running in the background and then remove the stubborn Helvetica Neue Thin font. Another restart later, both Chrome and Firefox are back to normal.

Addy187a, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts - Similar Threads - recognizing OTF font

2. Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts: Hello! I have a suggestion for Microsoft:I'd like Microsoft can include Helvetica Neue Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic in Windows and across all Microsoft products, but without making it expensive.How can I make this suggestion? That's because I...
  3. Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts: Hello! I have a suggestion for Microsoft:I'd like Microsoft can include Helvetica Neue Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic in Windows and across all Microsoft products, but without making it expensive.How can I make this suggestion? That's because I...
  4. Deleting Helvetica Neue, Override "Font is in use" Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Helvetica Neue, Override "Font is in use" Error Message: I'm on Windows 11 x64. For some reason, Chrome has decided to start using a narrow variant of Helvetica Neue as its default font even though I didn't set it as the default. It's not even listed in my Chrome default fonts, so I'm not sure what I could even do there, nor does...
  5. Deleting Helvetica Neue, Override "Font is in use" Error Message

Deleting Helvetica Neue, Override "Font is in use" Error Message: I'm on Windows 11 x64. For some reason, Chrome has decided to start using a narrow variant of Helvetica Neue as its default font even though I didn't set it as the default. It's not even listed in my Chrome default fonts, so I'm not sure what I could even do there, nor does...
  6. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  7. Helvetica Font Broken

Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  8. Is Helvetica Neue a default Windows 10 font?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Helvetica Neue a default Windows 10 font?: Is Helvetica Neue included by default with Windows 10 in 2021? Im having some issues with people opening Figma file links on different operating systems and getting a font prompt instead of a link redirect so looking to switch from SF to Helvetica if its workable ty EDIT:...
  9. Helvetica Regular Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Helvetica Regular Font: In Chrome I posted this problem to Microsoft Microsoft how do you remove Helvetica Neue from my pc. the stupid OS decided to automatically throw it into Google Chrome and Firefox displaying the font in all major websites such as eBay or Facebook. It has become annoying, and...
  10. Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts: Hi guys. All my browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) show blurry fonts on certain websites (see image below). I noticed I have this issue after I installed some OTF fonts. Is there a way to fix it? Many thanks in advance [img] [img] 78344

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome fonts blurry windows 10

2. Why wont OTF file install on my computer?

3. nu vot

4. add windows helvetica neue,
  5. windows 10 not recognising fonts,
  6. edge browser helvetica neue font problem,
  7. helvetica font add to windows 10,
  8. xerox wont see .otf fonts,
  9. cant use helvetica lite font in win 10,
  10. photoshop windows 10 OTF font,
  11. cant find helvetica font after install,
  12. windows 10 otf font installed but not working,
  13. why doesnt windows recognize otf font file,
  14. edge is not recognizing embedded font,