Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Reflecting the Correct Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Reflecting the Correct Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, This is what happened: 1. I tweaked my Windows 10 registry (CLSID / GUID) to change the applet icons in my Control Panel. 2. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YanAndrew, Oct 5, 2017.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Windows 10 Not Reflecting the Correct Icons

Hello All,

This is what happened:

1. I tweaked my Windows 10 registry (CLSID / GUID) to change the applet icons in my Control Panel.
    2. Some time later, I installed IconPackager to customise some of the other icons.
    3. After some time, I decided I no longer want to use IconPackager, so I uninstalled it.

The problem now:

4. Some of the applet icons in my Control Panel have reverted to its original Windows 10 default applet icons (even though my CLSID / GUID tweaks are still in the registry):

Windows 10 Not Reflecting the Correct Icons [​IMG]

I have tried rebuilding the Icon Cache & Thumbnail Cache several times, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea / advice as to what I can do to make Windows 10 display the icons according to what's in the registry?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, Oct 5, 2017

2. Issues related to Taskbar in Windows 10

Original Title: taskbar

I have windows 10 . the icon doesn't reflect the correct status. red x?

also audio problem , it fixes it but continues to shut off. HELP

brianmedric, Oct 5, 2017
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Trevor

That is not a Windows Phone issue but reflects how the source mailbox is setup.

So go back to the source and correct it there and it will be reflected on the phone.

7thSense, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Reflecting the Correct Icons

1. Windows 10 Not Reflecting the Correct Icons - Similar Threads - Reflecting Correct Icons

2. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons Not Displaying Correctly: My desktop icons have suddenly become spaced very far apart. They've also developed a huge box around them when highlighted see screenshot & they can't be placed in the lower 1/3 of the desktop. I've tried changing the size, align to grid on & off, rebuilding the icon cache,...
  3. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  4. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  5. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

6. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Correct the icon for an Action Icon: I'm asking this question for a friend - Suddenly, all her Photoshop Elements Action .ATN files were replaced with the Internet Explorer Icon - 1. What would cause this to happen so she doesn't repeat this problem?2. How can she fix this problem? She has Windows 10 and...
  7. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct the icon for an Action Icon: I'm asking this question for a friend - Suddenly, all her Photoshop Elements Action .ATN files were replaced with the Internet Explorer Icon - 1. What would cause this to happen so she doesn't repeat this problem?2. How can she fix this problem? She has Windows 10 and...
  8. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

9. Some system WI-FI lock icon is not reflecting in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some system WI-FI lock icon is not reflecting in window 10: Dear There, I have an issue with some system icons in Wifi - Connection. please help with the issue. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-system-wi-fi-lock-icon-is-not-reflecting-in/8cb46f04-863c-467a-b963-dee37b0c4fb4
  10. Icons not scaling correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not scaling correctly.: This is driving me bananas. I spent a lot of time finding and manually applying each of these icons. They're all 256x256 or 512x512 ico files. Sometimes they'll be normal, then they'll switch to being small with the outline, then I go back later and they're normal again....