Windows 10: Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

Discus and support Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a perplexing issue. My Windows 10 laptop does not save accounts and passwords for sites that I want to do so with. Now, my Windows 10 Desktop PC... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AlphaStealthSYS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

I have a perplexing issue. My Windows 10 laptop does not save accounts and passwords for sites that I want to do so with. Now, my Windows 10 Desktop PC functions as it is supposed to with no problem, but not my laptop. I have it enabled to do so, but it does not. It asks to save them, but if I log out and log back in, I find that I have to input everything manually. Anybody have an idea as to what might be the issue?

:)

AlphaStealthSYS, Mar 6, 2016

2. N9 not saving accounts passwords?

In the last few days I've noticed that every time I open Twitter I am asked for password (unless I leave it running and change apps).

Not as frequent, but now and then my Microsoft 365 account (Exchange) also asks for my password. And at the same rate my Nokia Account.

I've reset the device yesterday, and the behaviour continues.

Any ideas? Currently running PR1.1 20,2011.40-4_PR_005...

Cheers.

freitasm---01, Mar 6, 2016
  3. dimangi Win User
    N9 not saving accounts passwords?

I believe it's a bug and I'm myself waiting for a fix in PR 1.2. I think I read about it in harmattan-bugs.nokia.com. Affects facebook and google as well.

dimangi, Mar 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are referring to saving usernames and passwords in the web browser, right? What browser are you using?
    You could try resetting the browser to see if that makes a difference.
    Reset Internet Explorer
    Reset Edge
    Personally, I wouldn't save logins in the browser - too dangerous. A password manager (like LastPass) is a much better alternative. Unfortunately, Edge does not have extension support yet, but you could use one in Internet Explorer, or any other 3rd-party browser like Firefox, Chrome or Maxthon.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

1. Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords - Similar Threads - saving accounts passwords

2. saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  3. Windows 10 no longer saves passwords -

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 no longer saves passwords -: Passwords are no longer saved - please fix. This occured after a Windows update. Microsoft caused this and Microsoft should fix it for everyone. I have tried everything I could find using Google search, but nothing works. Microsoft must fix this....
  4. Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.: Hi, I recently decided to switch from a third-party software over to Microsoft Mail the windows app, NOT outlook. When I went to add an e-mail account, though, it wasn't syncing any of my inbox. I decided to check, and sure enough, the app was saving a different password...
  5. password for daughter's new account did not save.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password for daughter's new account did not save.: Failed to properly save password for daughters new account. Now I can't do a password reset, because there is no info to give in the password reset dialog to allow a reset. She has never signed into anything and has no account history....
  6. Windows 10 services and account passwords being saved/not saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 services and account passwords being saved/not saved: I ma having trouble with my Adobe desktop apps account logging me out. When I shut down the computer and the restart, I need to log in again. Microsoft 365 Office Family does not log me out. One help screen I found said to look at the Credential Manager service. It is set...
  7. Saved Passwords

Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  8. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change: I have read the articles on EMail /Settings/ Manage Accounts and been unable to Change the Password on an E mail account that apparently has a remembered password from in the past. How do I change the password which is different now. I have tried SAVE several times and it...
  9. saved passwords

saved passwords: how do edit the stored password that are on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/fb956883-500a-460d-8ced-c00f30c6d466
  10. windows 10 saving password problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 saving password problem: Why when I upgraded my laptop to windows 10,it does not save password to connect to the internet?It has connect automatically and place to put password in,but if I restart laptop I have to still add password every time.In windows 7 it saved it and I would just hit connect.How...